Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300773 times)

simonp

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #2425 on: 30 January, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »
If anyone does add height, PM me and I will run the graph script. It doesn't run automatically.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2426 on: 30 January, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »
Sorry, where do we add height?  I'm 183cm.

Thanks for all you're doing.
Getting there...

simonp

« Reply #2427 on: 30 January, 2012, 08:05:35 pm »
Sorry, where do we add height?  I'm 183cm.

Thanks for all you're doing.

Anywhere in the main body of your weight log post. See mine for an example.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2428 on: 30 January, 2012, 08:07:00 pm »
I had a look at yours and did that ;D

Figured you knew what you were doing ;)
Getting there...

simonp

« Reply #2429 on: 30 January, 2012, 08:49:27 pm »
I had a look at yours and did that ;D

Figured you knew what you were doing ;)

You missed the = sign, but I modified the code to not require it. :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2430 on: 30 January, 2012, 09:23:37 pm »
ha! I knew I'd miss out something important.  And I'm impressed you worked round it :D
Getting there...

« Reply #2431 on: 31 January, 2012, 07:00:22 am »
That should be N.N Nm of course. :)

May the FORCE be with you ;-)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2432 on: 31 January, 2012, 11:51:26 am »
Fuckfuckfuck!  That chocolate I bought before I started the diet?  It ain't there any more. :-[

Really anxious about summat right now, and I caved.  :(
Getting there...

« Reply #2433 on: 31 January, 2012, 01:03:54 pm »
Fuckfuckfuck!  That chocolate I bought before I started the diet?  It ain't there any more. :-[

On the up side, if it's now gone there's nothing left there to cave in to. Just don't go buying any more!

My mother bought me a shed load of chocolate for my birthday and my daughter bought Cadbury's Creme Eggs for me and Simon. I have a weakness for those damnit! And Simon has left his box of Thorntons here on my mantelpiece, where I am currently looking at it. Ohhh the temptation! The chocolates are all as yet unopened but this condition may not last!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2434 on: 31 January, 2012, 01:04:38 pm »
As DrMekon points out, there's poo in it ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #2435 on: 31 January, 2012, 01:12:56 pm »
As DrMekon points out, there's poo in it ;D

That's not working, Creme Eggs are too awesome to ever taste of poo!

« Reply #2436 on: 31 January, 2012, 01:28:17 pm »

Don't worry! Just count it and go round the training route on your way home if neccesary :-*. It'll be fine. And as Feline says - it's not there now for you to go for next time.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Chris S

« Reply #2437 on: 31 January, 2012, 01:29:52 pm »

Don't worry! Just count it and go round the training route on your way home if neccesary :-*. It'll be fine. And as Feline says - it's not there now for you to go for next time.

Fboab and I had a craving for a Hyyyooge Lunch on Sunday. It's not a problem if you earn it. We had to ride Quiet A Long Way to earn what we had  :D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2438 on: 31 January, 2012, 01:57:11 pm »
Weeeell, if I add on a wee extra 10km on the way home, that should offset it, and get me to 1300km, too :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #2439 on: 31 January, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »
Weeeell, if I add on a wee extra 10km on the way home, that should offset it, and get me to 1300km, too :thumbsup:
I haz a plan :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

simonp

« Reply #2440 on: 31 January, 2012, 02:01:21 pm »

On the up side, if it's now gone there's nothing left there to cave in to. Just don't go buying any more!

My mother bought me a shed load of chocolate for my birthday and my daughter bought Cadbury's Creme Eggs for me and Simon. I have a weakness for those damnit! And Simon has left his box of Thorntons here on my mantelpiece, where I am currently looking at it. Ohhh the temptation! The chocolates are all as yet unopened but this condition may not last!

Just remember it's only two weeks until the next excuse to buy chocolates.  :smug:

« Reply #2441 on: 31 January, 2012, 05:52:06 pm »

Just remember it's only two weeks until the next excuse to buy chocolates.  :smug:

I think you've already ordered something for us that is much more useful for that occasion  ;)

« Reply #2442 on: 01 February, 2012, 07:51:13 am »
I've made it! At the weigh in this morning I was 73.7kg which a) is back to my  weight just before Christmas and b) inside my target zone (72 to 74 kg). I now need to see if I can maintain this and not slide back to my old size which was 90kg+.

I think I'm now in a position to voice my secret goal which is to be at 73kg for my son's wedding in June. This would be exactly the same weight I was when I got married over 30 years ago.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #2443 on: 01 February, 2012, 08:14:02 am »
Well done :thumbsup:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2444 on: 01 February, 2012, 08:33:23 am »
Lost a bit more which is satisfying but....
I've been here before & I know that I'm approaching that threshold where my weight becomes a plateaux & further loss becomes a very real challenge.I think the hard part is yet to come.

« Reply #2445 on: 01 February, 2012, 08:52:14 am »
Not a good week.
Burns' Night dinner with friends on Saturday, pub lunch on Sunday, dinner in pub last night and not enough cycling.
And the next seven days include another dinner with friends and another pub meal and, with these temperatures, no cycle commuting for the next few days.

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

essexian

« Reply #2446 on: 01 February, 2012, 08:55:28 am »
Half a kilo off.

If I can drop the same every week for the rest of the year, I will be well on the way to a reasonable weight.....Sounds easy doesn't it!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2447 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:11:26 am »
It's all progress. :)

I've lost 4kg this year, which is quite astonishing to think about really (though I know others have lost more).

I was at my heaviest at about 116kg, and I plateaued at 113; 108; 103; 100 and 98kg over time.  But the trend is still good.  Hopefully, by next week, I will be celebrating the loss of 25kg from my maximum.
Getting there...

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #2448 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:27:18 am »
1.2kg this week :) - This puts me back on an overall downward trend after the dissapointing result last week. TO be honest I've not managed to stick to any sort of diet for long enough to know where the plateaus are  :-[

I can also feel my approch to food slowly changing as well which is good. I still have some periods of impersonating the 'Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal', but I am starting to get used to feeling a little hungry without reaching for food sometimes as well.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2449 on: 01 February, 2012, 09:48:49 am »
Well, I'm below 18 stones. This morning I was 113.9kg, which, according to Google, is 17.936179759184 stones.

I also weighed myself on the mechanical scales and they said I was 111kg, which is 17½ stone. They are evil temptresses, though.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.