Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300516 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #2550 on: 09 February, 2012, 09:46:36 pm »

« Reply #2551 on: 10 February, 2012, 10:37:46 pm »
Been good this week, hitting my target of around 1600 cal per day, before exercise.

My knee is twinging a little bit (cold weather, IT band) but I still want to get out tomorrow. So long as I stretch it enough I should be fine then I'll rest for Saturday and probably a little spin on Sunday.

Today I fell of the wagon a little and had a couple of chocolate pretzels but I'm taking each day as it comes and trying my upmost to be careful what I'm eating.

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #2552 on: 11 February, 2012, 06:49:02 am »
Got a reading today at 58.6 kgs at 06:15, which was I suppose a 'true' weight, (and pre normal morning ablutions), but I wonder whether I need to put on some more to keep me warm in this bitter cold??
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

« Reply #2553 on: 11 February, 2012, 02:20:46 pm »
I've been trapped somewhere between the 112KG and just slightly above 100KG mark for a couple of years now, seems I can't quite resist biscuits from the tea trolley at work. Was quite pleased this week that I seem to be heading downward again.

However the good lady has informed me we have a pile of groupon restaurant vouchers to get through before they expire.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

« Reply #2554 on: 12 February, 2012, 09:44:11 pm »
Got a reading today at 58.6 kgs at 06:15, which was I suppose a 'true' weight, (and pre normal morning ablutions), but I wonder whether I need to put on some more to keep me warm in this bitter cold??
In my experience, it is much easier to lose layers, than lard.

« Reply #2555 on: 13 February, 2012, 09:37:56 am »
So I'm at 81 dead on this morning, strange though as I've been concentrating a lot in the last week on what I'm eating. My fitness pal is at 1600 calories before exercise, as I've really been suffering with IT band problem I'm unable to cycle or run (both of which I love) so my calories have stayed low for the week.

« Reply #2556 on: 13 February, 2012, 09:50:36 am »
I'm trying really hard not to give in and eat a ginger cake from the cupboard. It's a good thing there is never any chocolate in this house or I would have caved by now :(.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #2557 on: 13 February, 2012, 10:09:02 am »
Under the circs, I think you deserve a treat, Butterfly.

There is also a theory that it does your metabolism good to have a little bit extra every so often rather than constantly sticking to a deficit, anyway.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2558 on: 13 February, 2012, 10:29:04 am »
That sounds fair enough to me.  Giving yourself a hard time right now won't be helping.  It's all going well, so just allow yourself a bit of relaxation of teh Roolz for a bit.  It won't harm. :-*
Getting there...

« Reply #2559 on: 13 February, 2012, 10:53:11 am »
It's ok - one of the children is a bit groggy today anyway so we are staying in, which limits the availability of bad alternatives! So far: 1 bananananana; 5 marshmallows; one caramel rice cake and lots of tea :) (got to replace the lost fluids :-X)

Working for the health conscious is saving me from myself ;D.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2560 on: 13 February, 2012, 11:22:29 am »
Oh good.

I forgot to bring any cereal bars to munch.  Need to be careful today.
Getting there...

« Reply #2561 on: 13 February, 2012, 04:42:45 pm »
Feeling pants today. So I'm feeding myself to try and get my strength back, I honestly feel better after eating. May just go to bed once I get in.

Hopefully this won't hang around for too long so I can concentrate on the calories again.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2562 on: 13 February, 2012, 05:15:42 pm »
I've got to say that I've noticed I'm feeling really good these days - lively, energetic, as if my lung capacity has expanded whilst my waistline has slightly contracted. I've lost 6.2kgs and it's very noticeable now with my clothing. I'm probably back to my pre-pre-Christmas-mega-eating-lard-building weight, which is still much, much higher than it should be, but there's clearly a downward tendency.

I think getting my cycling mojo back has helped so much - I'm eating about 2200 calories a day, what with the 2 hours' cycling and half hour of walking, and still losing weight.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2563 on: 13 February, 2012, 05:30:30 pm »
I've got to say that I've noticed I'm feeling really good these days - lively, energetic, as if my lung capacity has expanded whilst my waistline has slightly contracted. I've lost 6.2kgs and it's very noticeable now with my clothing. I'm probably back to my pre-pre-Christmas-mega-eating-lard-building weight, which is still much, much higher than it should be, but there's clearly a downward tendency.

I think getting my cycling mojo back has helped so much - I'm eating about 2200 calories a day, what with the 2 hours' cycling and half hour of walking, and still losing weight.
I'm feeling the same way, save that I've hardly been out since the weather got colder. Noticeably, my weight has hardly changed in that time - almost all the loss was beforehand.

Shall we spend a little time admiring one another's bodies when we meet for cycling on Wednesday?  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2564 on: 13 February, 2012, 10:39:04 pm »
I've noticed another difference, having lost a stone or so: I'm singing better - more room in the thoracic cavity. I've just returned from a choir practice and I'm definitely finding it easier to hold on to breath in some of the really long runs in "And he shall purify" and "For unto us a child is born" from the Messiah. After a couple of hours' hard practice, and not having ridden much at all during the cold weather, the combination of loads of oxygen in my blood and glycogen in the muscles meant I went up Rayleigh hill as though it wasn't there!

I must keep on with this!

« Reply #2565 on: 13 February, 2012, 10:42:52 pm »
I must keep on with this!
+1 as they say.

Sunday's ride was the first audax on the tandem I haven't had saddle trouble. I'm convinced being lighter is part of that, and I felt fitter all day.

More of the same, please. I might even be able to start riding fast again. Yay!

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #2566 on: 14 February, 2012, 10:38:41 am »
In my experience, it is much easier to lose layers, than lard.

True - on Sunday, when we met, I was wearing, in the order listed:-

1 sleeveless string vest type base layer,

1 looser string vest type base layer

1 giordana long sleeved windblocker (body and shoulders blocked)

1 skins long arm compression base layer (holds the previous three tight)

1 AUK winter weight long sleeve jersey

1 Severn Road Club Gilet (light, and windproof and keeps another layer of air)

1 Giordana soft shell waterproof outer jacket (very thick and tough with zip pocket)

1 Madison fully waterproof yellow hard flappy outer outer outer jacket (with tasty oil stains that won't come off) but I did keep the pitzips open...

The day before I had another winter weight jersey on as well, but it was minus 10.9 C   ::-)
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2567 on: 15 February, 2012, 07:31:17 am »
Hit target: 90kgs. Exactly, so I shouldn't get complacent.  But it is progress.

I didn't realise that MFP automatically recalculated calorie requirements when you lose a significant amount of weight.
Getting there...

« Reply #2568 on: 15 February, 2012, 08:04:09 am »
Much better this week. but I think Mr Smith's scales weigh lighter than mine :(

« Reply #2569 on: 15 February, 2012, 08:13:03 am »
Also better this week.  Despite the cakes brought by a friend over the weekend which he refused to take away with him, the curry on Sunday evening, and the M&S eat in for £20 Valentine's meal last night.

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #2570 on: 15 February, 2012, 08:36:10 am »
Much better this week. but I think Mr Smith's scales weigh lighter than mine :(
Stick with them then ;D

I used to use the ones in my bosses bathroom because they were kinder than mine :)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2571 on: 15 February, 2012, 08:47:01 am »
Up 100gm allegedly. I thought last week's reading of 113kg was too good to be true!

Still, I managed to replicate the 113.1kg that my scales claimed I was this morning, so I'm pleased the trend is generally downwards. This is in the context of only doing 60-odd miles in the past fortnight compared to almost 600 in January. I've got a fair few miles planned for the next week, so, provided I don't pig out, I should drop a kg by next Wednesday.

Chris S

« Reply #2572 on: 15 February, 2012, 09:06:33 am »
February is plateau month for me. Ah well...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2573 on: 15 February, 2012, 10:43:42 am »
Ooops

+ 0.5kg

I reckon it's due to no cycling for nearly a week & naughty snacking.Sausage rolls,crisps,too much bread.
Must try harder

« Reply #2574 on: 15 February, 2012, 11:49:00 am »
My weight is currently fluctuating by as much as 2kg during each day. According to MFP it should be falling and I'm doing a reasonable mileage, but have definitely eaten too many meals out over the past 5 days while Simon was here. Hopefully I am just redistributing blubber to muscle, but this could be wishful thinking!
I have altered my base activity level to sedentary so I'm only recording things I do as exercise this week, and it gives me a few less calories I can eat. I'm now staring at my valentines chocolates  :facepalm: