Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300533 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #2750 on: 28 February, 2012, 11:54:36 am »
The eBay seller I bought my dynamo hub USB cable from has sabotaged my diet by including a box of German chocolates with my order!

Pass them round the forum!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

simonp

« Reply #2751 on: 28 February, 2012, 11:59:54 am »
The eBay seller I bought my dynamo hub USB cable from has sabotaged my diet by including a box of German chocolates with my order!

Give them negative feedback!

jimbhoy

« Reply #2752 on: 29 February, 2012, 06:29:49 am »
First week of no weight loss for me  :( given that in the last seven days i've ridden just shy of 300k and been under my calorie goal on 5 out of 7 days i fear my body may be going into conservation mode- although i had a sneaky weigh in on Monday after i ridden over 200k at the weekend, and i found i'd put on a kilo  :-\ must have been a glitch though as i'm back to the previous week's weight.

trixie

« Reply #2753 on: 29 February, 2012, 07:36:05 am »

Give them negative feedback!

Sounds like he was thankful to be rid of it.  Not a good sign!!!

I'm down again this week which does surprise me since I pigged out at the weekend.  Had to be extra good last two days and really struggled.  I bought my scales 25 years ago, they only weigh to the nearest 0.5kg.  It was the most modern thing I could get in those days!

essexian

« Reply #2754 on: 29 February, 2012, 08:17:09 am »
1.5kg off this week meaning I have lost the weight I put on last week and a little bit more.

The method behind my success? Well go to a funeral (other social events will do), speak to someone who unknown to you isn't well, get their flu and be ill for four days.  :facepalm: Its not something I would recommend but I haven't felt like eating much this week. 

Lets hope I can keep it off this week. Indeed, if I lose another kilo, then I will have lost a stone in old money since the start of this  ;D

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #2755 on: 29 February, 2012, 08:19:28 am »
Just half a kilo off this week but that's probably a sensible amount now. Slow and steady wins the race!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #2756 on: 29 February, 2012, 08:20:56 am »
Half a kilo for me too, pretty much standard now :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #2757 on: 29 February, 2012, 08:52:31 am »
I thought I'd done really well this week. Then I thought again. Six pounds loss on what I've been eating this week just isn't possible. Oh well. Next week should be a bit easier.

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #2758 on: 29 February, 2012, 09:28:26 am »
Weighed in this morning at 80.5kg which is great, I know for a fact it wasn't down to dehydration since I haven't been able to exercise (damn knee trouble still) but I'm off to see the physio on Saturday so hopefully we can evaluate the trouble I'm having and have me back on the mend.

Decided to see private because I'm on the NHS referral list but that could take up to 8 weeks.

Also looked at my target weight again - believe that 75kg may be too low so I'm aiming for 76-76.5kg which for my height is around the weight I should be able to keep stable (I'm 6ft 2')

« Reply #2759 on: 29 February, 2012, 09:34:45 am »
Lost 2kg, what with the remnants of the flu and what was probably a chest infection. 14 days continuous nightsweats hasn't been fun. Thankfully, didn't sweat last night, so I think I'm on the mend. First commute in on the bike for ages.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2760 on: 29 February, 2012, 09:41:13 am »
Only shed another half a kg but a look at overall progress shows enough incentive to persevere.I may dispense with my daily Magnum ice cream.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2761 on: 29 February, 2012, 09:41:20 am »
Seem to have dropped a kilo over the past fortnight.
Used a tape measure for the first time in aeons last night.
40-32-44
The XL yacf T-shirt that's on its way may not be big enough but I really aren't a giant!

More work needed!

« Reply #2762 on: 29 February, 2012, 10:13:21 am »
I'm still old school and in stones and pounds but I'm down 3.6lbs this week.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2763 on: 29 February, 2012, 10:14:55 am »
I had hoped that I'd manage the other 200g to get to six kilos lost, but I've stayed steady. 

I think that's probably reasonable, since I haven't ridden quite so much this week, and I've eaten at cafes a lot. :-[
Getting there...

simonp

« Reply #2764 on: 29 February, 2012, 11:00:04 am »
70.5kg. I feel fat today!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2765 on: 29 February, 2012, 11:13:38 am »
After a rather over-indulgent weekend enjoying my parents' hospitality, I was up by about 2kg on Monday morning. But I've been very good so far this week and I've already ridden most of that off, so only slightly up on last week's Wednesday weigh-in.

I'm invited to a party tonight though - one of those PR parties with oodles of free drink and snacky food... I'll let myself off the leash a little bit but I'm determined not to stay too late and overdo it, especially as it's a school night. Famous last words...

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2766 on: 29 February, 2012, 11:31:00 am »
Down about half a kg on the week. That's about 2.5 kg for during the past 4 weeks, 3.1kg since the last weigh-in of January.

Target for March (only 4 Wednesdays in March): I'd like to be under 108kg.

There's a holiday in April and another in June. My target for those two weeks is not to do too much damage. 100kg for the Dun Run (30th June) is still a possibility but will involve exploring territory unknown in over a quarter of a century.

« Reply #2767 on: 29 February, 2012, 03:37:04 pm »
There's a holiday in April and another in June. My target for those two weeks is not to do too much damage.
I think you're doing the wrong kind of holiday. My days off this year, as booked, will probably result in massive calorie deficits.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #2768 on: 29 February, 2012, 04:18:27 pm »
<...>
100kg for the Dun Run (30th June) is still a possibility but will involve exploring territory unknown in over a quarter of a century.

there could be an incentive if you reach that (e.g. light racing bike and lycra kit?.. ::-))

« Reply #2769 on: 29 February, 2012, 04:24:48 pm »
I've taken to weighing myself twice a day, as I was finding not weighing myself, or weighing myself monthly/weekly, made it far to easy to binge and go off diet.

« Reply #2770 on: 29 February, 2012, 05:07:48 pm »
Hmm, I seem to have a minor problem. I reached my target weight 3 weeks ago and have been easing up on the diet. I've upped my intake 500 calories per day in an attempt to go into maintenance mode and stabilise my weight but not go daft and start zooming back up again. However, despite cramming in the Christmas cake (deliberately kept as a I've hit my target treat", I seem to have lost another 1.1kg.

I'm beginning to suspect that the other half may have found a way of doctoring the scales again so that they read what she wants them to read, rather than what they should. However, an inspection of them this morning didn't reveal any bluetack or other devious methods of adjusting them...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2771 on: 29 February, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »
There's a holiday in April and another in June. My target for those two weeks is not to do too much damage.
I think you're doing the wrong kind of holiday. My days off this year, as booked, will probably result in massive calorie deficits.

We're B & Bing it with relatively low mileage for both jaunts - 30 to 40 a day mostly. Full Scottish breakfasts might mean very little by way of lunch. One has to dine properly in the evening, after all!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2772 on: 29 February, 2012, 05:10:56 pm »
<...>
100kg for the Dun Run (30th June) is still a possibility but will involve exploring territory unknown in over a quarter of a century.

there could be an incentive if you reach that (e.g. light racing bike and lycra kit?.. ::-))

Well, I think I might be turning the Mercian into a single speed sans mudguards. I've had that as a plan for a while but the tuit has always been the wrong shape.

« Reply #2773 on: 29 February, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »
I thought I'd done really well this week. Then I thought again. Six pounds loss on what I've been eating this week just isn't possible. Oh well. Next week should be a bit easier.
And now that I've been able to access the records properly I see that I've been effectively flat-lining for three weeks. 
One difference is that I am upping my mileage slightly (six miles with a hill into work, rather than three fairly flat--not going to make a huge difference, I know).
I will also be riding five days a week instead of four.  It should all help!

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #2774 on: 29 February, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »
Having had a pleasant and steady drop ,Ive put nealy a kilo back on this week, this I suspect is down to no riding or excercise due to a chest infection which has led to a little more comfort eating than needed.