Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300595 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3075 on: 18 April, 2012, 08:14:39 am »
OK.  Unsurprising.  A slightly indulgent weekend followed by time off the bike (well, reduced riding) and a day of feeling grumpy at home, with the inevitable eating, have led to an increase in weight.  I sympathise with boab that trying to eat within limits without exercise is really hard.  I'll keep trying.
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3076 on: 18 April, 2012, 08:43:01 am »
Relieved and pleased today - back below 110 after our return from holiday last week and a weekend's overindulgence on the Rutland camping trip.

I'll stick with the 100kg target for 30/6/2012 but it's looking a pretty forlorn hope. I'll be pleased if I get below 105kg for the Dun Run.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3077 on: 18 April, 2012, 10:52:32 am »
Nearly two weeks off the bike and very little in the way of other exercise, but still managed to shed some weight.  Still heavier than I had hoped to be at this point in the year, but think I can hit my target in a few weeks.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #3078 on: 19 April, 2012, 12:40:27 am »
68.6kg this evening. :)

« Reply #3079 on: 19 April, 2012, 01:08:18 am »
I've been very lazy this week exercise wise because I'm having a recovery week, but my weight is still falling. I'm getting away with it because I have totally failed to get out of my nocturnal pattern after a series of night shifts, and so am eating 2 meals a day (which is what I tend to gravitate towards if I don't make an effort to be like a normal person). I sleep from about 4am to midday, get up and have brunch, then am not hungry until an evening meal about 8pm. There isn't much point trying to snap out of this as I'm working Friday and Saturday nights this week.

Another 3kg to go and I will be happy. The question is will I get there by the Bryan Chapman?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3080 on: 19 April, 2012, 08:15:52 am »
Do not restrict your energy intake for a week before a Big Ride. Carrying an extra kilo or so (How much FAT will you lose in a week? 500g?) is much easier than dragging >60kg of Dead Body over 600km...

« Reply #3081 on: 19 April, 2012, 11:51:47 am »
Well despite living in a hotel half the week and not doing any significant exercise, I have managed to hold my weight steady again this week. I am just about to go swimming and WILL be on the bike tomorrow.  Let's hope this is the beginning of a return to the gradual losses I was achieving earlier in the year.

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #3082 on: 19 April, 2012, 01:54:34 pm »
Another 3kg to go and I will be happy. The question is will I get there by the Bryan Chapman?

My target is 81Kg for the BCM.  Currently 82.3Kg.  Over 28 days that's approx 360 kcal deficit per day.

So no beer or cake or biscuits for a month it seems

« Reply #3083 on: 19 April, 2012, 07:42:22 pm »
Do not restrict your energy intake for a week before a Big Ride. Carrying an extra kilo or so (How much FAT will you lose in a week? 500g?) is much easier than dragging >60kg of Dead Body over 600km...

Agreed, however it is Simon and not I that will have to drag my dead body round the BCM  ;D

simonp

« Reply #3084 on: 19 April, 2012, 08:17:00 pm »

Agreed, however it is Simon and not I that will have to drag my dead body round the BCM  ;D

I had hoped you'd survive the Brevet Cymru!

trixie

« Reply #3085 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:08:18 pm »
I seem to be stuck...it can't be me...

it must be the scales..    ;)

« Reply #3086 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:55:17 pm »

I hadn't realised you were prepared to kindly take me around the BCM if I didn't, in order to make sure I got my SR  :-*

simonp

« Reply #3087 on: 21 April, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »

I hadn't realised you were prepared to kindly take me around the BCM if I didn't, in order to make sure I got my SR  :-*

It will be like in the Psycho movies.  :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3088 on: 22 April, 2012, 02:07:04 pm »
My weight has stayed around the 109-110 kg level for a more than a month now. There have been mitigating circumstances in the form of holidays and camping weekends, but I need to get back on track with some measurable loss.

simonp

« Reply #3089 on: 22 April, 2012, 02:25:38 pm »
I’m about 1kg lighter than 12 months ago. In 2011-2012, recorded weight has ranged between 67.0kg (a few days after PBP last year) and 72.0kg (15th February - I blame Valentines curry). Only a 7% variation which is about right for in-season and out of season weight. It’s noticeable that after plateauing around 71-72kg for the early part of this year, having done The Dean and an Easter Arrow, I’ve dropped about 2kg in the last month.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3090 on: 22 April, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »
My trousers seem too big. Can't work out if this is due to elastic failure or my shrinkage. Tape measure suggests I may have lost an inch from my waist and hips but trousers seem about 2 inches (or more) too loose.
I suppose that's progress.
Had big eating at weekend away in Wales last week so can't expect mahoosive loss.
Need David's help when I weigh myself and it's often not convenient for him.
Will continue...

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3091 on: 23 April, 2012, 12:26:54 pm »
After a few days of "full Irish breakfast", one substantial three-course restaurant dinner with booze, and Sunday lunch at my parents' yesterday, also with booze, I'm up a bit over a kilo on a week ago.

Amazed the increase is so little, tbh.  :)

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3092 on: 25 April, 2012, 08:31:01 am »
I've still not broken the 109 kg barrier so I've now got to try harder.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3093 on: 25 April, 2012, 09:40:10 am »
Two days till I head off to Berlin and I have now got back down to my pre-Austria weight (the week in Austria gave me an extra 3 kilos but those cakes were worth it!). It will be interesting to see if I lose weight on my two-week cycle tour; although I'll eat a lot, and plenty of cakes, I think pedalling 60+ miles each day with luggage might well outweigh it. We shall see!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3094 on: 25 April, 2012, 09:58:30 am »
Up, FFS!  OK, only by a minuscule amount, but that's ridiculous. >:(
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3095 on: 25 April, 2012, 10:08:46 am »
A small dip under my 90kg"keep trying" incentive threshold so I'll keep trying.
I see that since I started this exercise:no pun intended: I've lost 5kg.That's encouraging considering that I've not done any dieting.More of a sensible eating strategy.
I have no doubt that the cycling is a large conrtibutor despite it not being a daily happening.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3096 on: 25 April, 2012, 11:52:23 am »
Was down over the weekend, but am now paying for eating enough for three on Monday.  But that's OK - I'm still closer to my target than I am to my starting weight.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #3097 on: 25 April, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »
Stayed under 70kg today... just!

« Reply #3098 on: 25 April, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »
It's hard to get thinner when its raining all week.

« Reply #3099 on: 27 April, 2012, 10:03:48 pm »
I wish I had room for a turbo trainer, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.