Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300610 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3200 on: 16 May, 2012, 06:28:21 pm »
I was up on last week but still below 109kg.

I did have 3 pints of beer last night, which was certainly a mistake.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

jimbhoy

« Reply #3201 on: 16 May, 2012, 07:33:48 pm »
Half a kilo up for me  >:( seven consecutive weekends of Audax have not helped my weight loss plans, 6x200k + 1x300k plus commuting have led me to just about having a nosebag tied around me to keep me going  :P thank goodness my next event's not for another 2 weeks.

Chris S

« Reply #3202 on: 17 May, 2012, 07:23:30 am »
Well. It's not a recommended approach, but I'm 3Kg lighter today than I was yesterday.  :sick:

Pass the bucket...  :(

« Reply #3203 on: 17 May, 2012, 07:28:46 am »
It's mostly fluid. Keep drinking the tea. Sorry.  :(

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3204 on: 17 May, 2012, 09:21:55 am »
Bad Thing.

GWS, Chris.
Getting there...

Chris S

« Reply #3205 on: 17 May, 2012, 09:48:34 am »
And most people worry about gaining weight when they eat eggs... ;-)

« Reply #3206 on: 17 May, 2012, 10:25:39 am »
I seem to be just about maintaining my current weight despite the temptations and lack of exercise caused by living in a hotel half the week. Really must look at the gym in the usual hotel, but I've never been in a gym (not since leaving school in 1977 and I think they've changed a bit since). Any advice?

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #3207 on: 17 May, 2012, 10:32:28 am »
I'm a big gym bunny :) Definitely worth a play in there- do they not have an instructor around that can do you a programme or something? Most hotel gyms do.

I don't do any cardio in the gym, I use my bike for that, although I do spinning classes most days- can't bring myself to sit on the machines on my own I get bored but spinning is more fun. Having said that, I use a treadmill all the time for interval sessions when I'm running.

Still a bit down in the dumps, avoided the comfort eating so far, and actually got told I was looking skinny  :o this morning.

GWS soon Chris. That's not the way to lose 3kg!!! Hope u recover well.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3208 on: 17 May, 2012, 11:06:07 am »
I seem to be just about maintaining my current weight despite the temptations and lack of exercise caused by living in a hotel half the week. Really must look at the gym in the usual hotel, but I've never been in a gym (not since leaving school in 1977 and I think they've changed a bit since). Any advice?

I can't remember where but I recently heard a very funny comedy routine about school gym "apparatus". Brought back many happy memories. I think you'll find the modern hotel gym a slightly different experience.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3209 on: 18 May, 2012, 07:52:37 am »
Yesterday's 69 miles seem to have helped. Today the scales claimed that I was under 108kg for some of the time, and that equates to something under 17 stones. That's just a gnat's crotchet short of 2 stones lost this year.

« Reply #3210 on: 18 May, 2012, 02:07:38 pm »
Very well done Mr Wow! You were indeed looking rather trim when I saw you at the weekend.

simonp

« Reply #3211 on: 18 May, 2012, 02:31:36 pm »
66.9kg today. Well that will help us over Pen-y-pass.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3212 on: 21 May, 2012, 11:05:51 am »
Monday morning bonk?!?  :o

Cycled the short route in to work, but then went to the gym.  We changed our corporate membership to a different chain last week, so decided to use the opportunity to use the place for more than just the showers and locker space.  I may be able to ride my bike all day long, but that's about it!  I quickly proved to the trainer that I am NOT a runner.  Even at 8kph I had all the grace and fluidity of movement of a new-born giraffe.  A kilometre on a rowing machine (100m sprints), 50 'burpies' and all sorts of other fun left me a wet, out of breath and nearly quivering wreck.  I'll be doing it again on Wednesday. :)

In the locker room I started to feel a bit funny, then realised it was the dreaded bonk.  I usually don't have anything more than a cup of coffee until I get to work, but I may have to supplement this with a glass of OJ and maybe a granola bar.  The commute on an empty stomach is no problem, but I think adding a gym session on empty may not work out.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3213 on: 21 May, 2012, 11:08:24 am »
Someone hand me my mojo!

I haven't been logging for a month due to Berlin to London cycle ride and then wanting to settle back in gently after returning to the UK. I am the weight I was before I left for Berlin despite eating rather a lot of biscuits, chocolate and crisps this last week. When you're touring and can eat pretty much anything all day and not put on weight it's really hard to go back.

Anyway, I have started logging this morning again. 1660 calories seems so few! I will go out on the trike later of course but still... 1660? That's hardly anything!

I was doing really well with MFP before trotting off on my various trips, I just need to get back into the swing of it.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #3214 on: 23 May, 2012, 08:41:29 am »
Andrijj- it might take a bit of getting used to but best to have a cereal bar or something just in case. I now do 2.5-3 hours on empty before breakfast but it took a while to get to that.

Down 1lb for the week. I'm back to 8 stone 13 now which is where I wanted to be before my operation on Friday. Must. Not. Eat. Too. Much. Whilst. Not. Doing. Much. Exercise.

(Hoping I can still get to the gym and maybe do handbike or weights or something with a plastered leg)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3215 on: 23 May, 2012, 08:57:13 am »
No worries about the bonk this morning - didn't use the gym.  Not laziness or tiredness, but soreness.  Legs felt sore from Tuesday morning but aren't a problem.  Last evening my lats started to feel sore.  Not quite 'ouch!' moments, but quite uncomfortable.  Hopefully things are better tomorrow.

As for weight, I'm up 1.8kg from last week.  Long hours lead to poor eating lead to ballooning. :(
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

trixie

« Reply #3216 on: 23 May, 2012, 09:07:11 am »
I'm up 2kg from my 'almost at target' point.

I'm turning away from MFP because it seems to be part of the problem.  At first it was helpful and fun to use, but I soon found it stressful trying to avoid red numbers shout at me from the bottom of my daily intake - and desperately trying to get back into green by doing some last minute exercise.

So back to the simple paper and pen food diary...phew..

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3217 on: 23 May, 2012, 09:18:37 am »
Considering all the Arch's slices & Lemon Meringue that I've scoffed since last Wednesday, a static weight could be regarded as acceptable,maybe.
Less food :more cycling seems to be a mantra not within grasp atm.
KCCO

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3218 on: 23 May, 2012, 09:29:43 am »
Down just over half a kg on the week, which is within the margins of error of the scales. However, that's a lot better than being up just over half a kg on the week, which would also be within the margin of error of the scales. Those margins of error keep mounting up. I just wish they'd mount up a bit ore quickly.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3219 on: 23 May, 2012, 09:47:22 am »
Just realised there's no 30 May.  I'll have to see if I can bodge one in on the chart. :-[

Weight up again this week, but I'm happy that things are going reasonably well.  I've ridden a lot this week.
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3220 on: 23 May, 2012, 10:58:50 am »
Just realised there's no 30 May.  I'll have to see if I can bodge one in on the chart. :-[

Weight up again this week, but I'm happy that things are going reasonably well.  I've ridden a lot this week.

Well, there is a 30th May, it's just that it appears under 27th June!

You will need either to cut and past 30th from the last [ td][/td ] on the line to the penultimate one, or you could copy my line in which it appears and overwrite yours.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3221 on: 23 May, 2012, 11:02:47 am »
Ta.  Hadn't noticed that was there.  Just needed a minor Codectomy to resolve.
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3222 on: 23 May, 2012, 11:32:16 am »

Well, there is a 30th May, it's just that it appears under 27th June!

You will need either to cut and past 30th from the last [ td][/td ] on the line to the penultimate one, or you could copy my line in which it appears and overwrite yours.

with my predilection for ITI I'll probably skip that week ;D

« Reply #3223 on: 23 May, 2012, 12:39:18 pm »
I'm not sure if I should even put my weight in the chart this week, I am 3kg up on last week but I am suffering from a post-Bryan Chapman leg swelling of epic proportions so it will probably all be gone by next week!

« Reply #3224 on: 23 May, 2012, 04:26:33 pm »
I'm not sure if I should even put my weight in the chart this week, I am 3kg up on last week but I am suffering from a post-Bryan Chapman leg swelling of epic proportions so it will probably all be gone by next week!
Put it up, then next week will look great!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.