Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300624 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3950 on: 13 March, 2013, 11:39:42 am »
I managed to lose 2.1 kg in a day. Admittedly I gained the 2kg over the space of a week, but it was all water weight, that I evidently peed out over the space of 24hrs. I've never seen as dramatic a change as that before.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3951 on: 13 March, 2013, 05:25:52 pm »
You've never had giardiasis. :-X

I've been pretty constant over the past month or so, which is disappointing in some ways, but not too bad in others, since I've hardly been out what with all this weather. I have, so far, succeeded in my beer-, cheese- and cake-at-home-free March, apart from the cake.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3952 on: 13 March, 2013, 05:29:55 pm »

I didn't think that giardiasis caused water loss through the urine but I left medical school last millennium...

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #3953 on: 13 March, 2013, 05:31:21 pm »
Still slow and steady but downwards :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3954 on: 13 March, 2013, 05:42:02 pm »

I didn't think that giardiasis caused water loss through the urine but I left medical school last millennium...

I was specifically talking about rapid weight loss by any means. I think that with giardia, 3kg in 5 minutes is not out of the question. DNAHIKT.

simonp

« Reply #3955 on: 18 March, 2013, 06:43:01 pm »
I'm thinking of adding the ability to add waist measurement to the graphs. This would involve a bit of coding work on my part and if you measure your waist, adding it to the graph entry thus:

xx.xkg xxcm

If you miss out the units then it can be made to work as well (units are optional at present). I probably could stretch to supporting arcane units such as inches once I've got cm working.

Then I would add a waist graph and another which is waist:height ratio as this is a better predictor of risk than BMI.

« Reply #3956 on: 19 March, 2013, 10:49:57 am »
I might leave it a bit before adding mine.  ;D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3957 on: 19 March, 2013, 11:05:49 am »
Come on! Impress us!

I had a natter with an exhausted daughter this morning. Her bump is enormous and she's still got another 5 weeks until her scheduled date for the caesarian. She stops work next week.

Chris S

« Reply #3958 on: 19 March, 2013, 03:19:03 pm »
On a bit of a whim, I recalculated my BMR; first time this year since losing some lard.

:o

1650kcals? Is that all?

Dear oh dear...  :(

simonp

« Reply #3959 on: 19 March, 2013, 03:29:46 pm »
Welcome to the energy budget of a thin person.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3960 on: 19 March, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »
Welcome to the energy budget of a thin person.

;D ;D

David is now down to 61.5 kg (but still can't see his abs), I've just had a weekend eatathon and have not been weighed recently.

We're still 'being sensible' and David is exercising every day. I don't want him less than 60kg. We'll get to where we want, eventually.

« Reply #3961 on: 19 March, 2013, 04:41:16 pm »
Does anyone log hours slept along with weight lost? I think I need to start doing it, as there seems to be a strong correlation for me. Or it could just be when I'm sleeping, I'm not eating.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #3962 on: 19 March, 2013, 05:34:10 pm »
<...>I don't want him less than 60kg. We'll get to where we want, eventually.

can he decide how much should he weigh? :D

« Reply #3963 on: 19 March, 2013, 05:45:31 pm »
Does anyone log hours slept along with weight lost? I think I need to start doing it, as there seems to be a strong correlation for me. Or it could just be when I'm sleeping, I'm not eating.
I was just reading about this today. There's a high correlation between obesity and less sleep but no evidence which way the causality goes.

simonp

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3965 on: 19 March, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »
<...>I don't want him less than 60kg. We'll get to where we want, eventually.

can he decide how much should he weigh? :D

I would prefer not to sleep with a skeleton! He might be lightly built but I don't think a BMI of <20 would be healthy.

« Reply #3966 on: 19 March, 2013, 07:22:21 pm »
David is now down to 61.5 kg (but still can't see his abs)

I can't see my abs even when my body fat is (DEXA) 7%.

My BMI is 20.2 atm. It was 19.9 when my BF was 7%. I thought that was low, but the chap I rode with at the weekend who does ultras, ironman and the like keeps his at 6%.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3967 on: 19 March, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »
David is now down to 61.5 kg (but still can't see his abs)

I can't see my abs even when my body fat is (DEXA) 7%.

My BMI is 20.2 atm. It was 19.9 when my BF was 7%. I thought that was low, but the chap I rode with at the weekend who does ultras, ironman and the like keeps his at 6%.

I don't *know* David's BF but would estimate it as >10%. I can still 'pinch an inch' in many places.

simonp

« Reply #3968 on: 19 March, 2013, 08:27:00 pm »
My BMI is 22 and BF is according to scales 17%. I can just about pinch an inch on the love handles. Nowhere else though. Noticeably less surface fat on stomach after weekend 200k. But no change in weight.

« Reply #3969 on: 20 March, 2013, 07:43:50 am »
A couple of little milestones this week: I have lost half a stone since the beginning of the year and I am now back to the lightest I was in 2012 (before I started working away from home and eating in pubs and hotels for the rest of the year).  And half way to my target for the year.   :D
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #3970 on: 20 March, 2013, 07:47:03 am »
Another Kilo lost this week. Definitely averaging a Kilo a week now. I'm very happy with that, considering that I'm not hungry all the time, and my riding has improved a lot after getting over the start of Keto hump.

Did 55km yesterday on some cheese, ham and an unbattered sausage from a chip shop. Considering the problems I've always had with fuelling myself on a ride, that was fantastic.

Chris S

« Reply #3971 on: 20 March, 2013, 07:52:07 am »
Did 55km yesterday on some cheese, ham and an unbattered sausage from a chip shop. Considering the problems I've always had with fuelling myself on a ride, that was fantastic.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #3972 on: 20 March, 2013, 08:27:13 am »
I'd like a lot
For there to be
Quite a lot
Less of me.

Chris & I are both down this week- mine is because I haven't eaten anything or drunk much since yesterday lunchtime as I have a crater in my mouth where a molar used to be; and so No1Daughter made soup for tea last night. It wasn't very nice, and so Chris didn't eat much either.

« Reply #3973 on: 20 March, 2013, 08:41:52 am »
Chris & I are both down this week- mine is because I haven't eaten anything or drunk much since yesterday lunchtime as I have a crater in my mouth where a molar used to be; and so No1Daughter made soup for tea last night. It wasn't very nice, and so Chris didn't eat much either.

Dentistry and bad soup diet. There must be a fad diet book you could get serialised in the daily mail out of that.  :thumbsup:

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #3974 on: 20 March, 2013, 08:55:48 am »
Well not riding a bike for over a week and not watching my food as much has had the inevitable consequence - up 400g this week.

Oh well, it's a reminder of why I need to be strict with what I eat at any rate.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!