Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300398 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #5325 on: 21 January, 2015, 09:45:49 am »
1.5kg down this week, finally turned the post-Christmas corner.
Up the hills and round the bends

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #5326 on: 21 January, 2015, 10:36:32 am »
Another 0.7kg so slow but steady, and without going onto a specific diet so far this year.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #5327 on: 21 January, 2015, 11:39:18 am »
A step backwards this week - up 0.6kgs. Hopefully just noise...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5328 on: 21 January, 2015, 12:14:34 pm »
I seem to have stopped wild fluctuations. (See daily weights upthread.)
I'm 1.1kg lighter than last week.
Which is fine.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #5329 on: 21 January, 2015, 12:17:05 pm »
Some improvement after last week's small gain, and I'm back under 100kg again. Nice first little milestone, but lots of work left to do.

« Reply #5330 on: 23 January, 2015, 08:53:25 am »
Flatlining this week , but have had v. little exercise due to icy roads and snotty cold all last weekend.
Got out on bike yesterday and feel much better this morning.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5331 on: 23 January, 2015, 09:52:15 pm »
Same weight on 5 consecutive days.
Just looked at the nutritional info for desserts at next week's Big Social Meal.
Can't say the items are tempting enough to justify their Calorie count.

Will use the strict 12 hourly timing of New Medication to be Taken only on Empty Stomach  as excuse to eschew Whitbread's meh desserts.

simonp

« Reply #5332 on: 23 January, 2015, 10:15:48 pm »
Seem to have had a mild bout of gastroenteritis for the last two days. Might have lost a pound or two.

« Reply #5333 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:15:04 am »
Start of december - about 73kg.

Head/balance illness strikes, loss of sleep, cycling starts to decrease rapidly . . . .

Currently about 86kg. Not sure where all the weight is going but my clothes are getting tighter and only about 3 pairs of trousers actually fit. Lardy thighs.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #5334 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:55:24 am »
GWS ,mrcharly. That is pretty demoralising.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5335 on: 27 January, 2015, 12:59:27 pm »
Wot madcow sed.

I have stopped daily weighing since my weight has been squeezing upwards after being 'stuck' on 61.7kg five times last week.

Went for Big Social Meal last night and ate more than I should, without enjoying it much.

Will weigh myself tonight and expect a modest gain on last week but who knows?

« Reply #5336 on: 27 January, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »
Don't know what to say, mrcharly, apart from Get Well Soon. The problem is, that when you're not feeling your best, if you are anything like me you take comfort in the biscuit barrel. I hope things start to improve.

« Reply #5337 on: 27 January, 2015, 09:28:56 pm »
Wot madcow sed.

I have stopped daily weighing since my weight has been squeezing upwards after being 'stuck' on 61.7kg five times last week.

Went for Big Social Meal last night and ate more than I should, without enjoying it much.

Will weigh myself tonight and expect a modest gain on last week but who knows?

Well, I was hoping for a resonable reduction at this week's weigh in. However, I've just discovered a last box of mincepies at the back of the cupbaord and they've got a useby date of tomorrow. Somehow, I think I may end up following the useby instructions this evening :(

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5338 on: 27 January, 2015, 09:36:56 pm »
Mince pies will keep beyond any use-by date. IMO they're not so nice that they are really worth the calories.

Chocolate is another matter...

« Reply #5339 on: 28 January, 2015, 07:58:00 am »
Same, same this week.

Although I do now have some new scales which added 0.3kg on compared to the old scales.  I've increased all of my weights for this year by 0.3kg to compensate.  Makes my goal a slight bit more of a challenge now!
Up the hills and round the bends

« Reply #5340 on: 28 January, 2015, 07:58:10 am »
I have set myself (and reported this in the 'weight reports' thread) a short term, small weight loss target. I'm going to see if aiming for something achievable but requiring focus works any better than a nebulous 'by the end of the year' goal.

85.2 kg by 31.01.2015

This would bring me back to my lowest weight last year (and once I break that figure) to a weight lower than at any time since 2010.
Losing the first 2kg is easy.
Much of this loss is not fat.
Weight after a second month might be more indicative of genuine fat loss.
Good Luck anyway!
Totally agree Helly! And with this week's figures, I guess I've done all the easy stuff and the hard work starts NOW!
But it's a good start.
:smug: 85.0 this morning. Target updated to 'under thirteen stone' by the end of March. Again, short term focus. I do have an intermediate 'target' as well in that we're doing a weight loss club at work and the end of that is the middle of March. A different set of peers to be accountable to!
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #5341 on: 28 January, 2015, 07:59:19 am »
I seem to be ticking along, steadily losing 0.2kgs per week.   The trend is in the right direction so I'll take that.   :thumbsup:   

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #5342 on: 28 January, 2015, 08:51:49 am »
Another slight gain, continuing my pattern of two steps forward one step back. Still, it's progress of a sort.

« Reply #5343 on: 28 January, 2015, 09:23:27 am »
Back trending in the right direction at the halfway point this week.  Notably the running is getting easier again and people at work have noticed that my face is looking thinner.

TDM noticed that my bum was perter as well but I guess that's her prerogative.

D.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

« Reply #5344 on: 28 January, 2015, 09:24:15 am »
Another loss this week  0.4 kg down is about right on the long slow journey.   Started 5:2 on the 1st Jan, having got the meds under control,  and it seems to be the way for me to go.  To quote a very different board on mfp,   " you are never more than 1 day away from pudding".
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #5345 on: 28 January, 2015, 10:10:03 am »
Bigger loss this week of 1.5kg, but last week was a false lifestyle high I think. Trend is still down and colleague thought I'd lost a bit.

Now to get out on bike a bit more...

« Reply #5346 on: 28 January, 2015, 11:25:22 am »
Loss for January 3.3kg in total and I am pleased with that as I haven't felt deprived.  I am off to Belgium (land of mussels, chips and mayonnaise and chocolate) at the weekend so I am hoping not to put on and get back to small losses when I get back. 
Life is good even in a cockle shell.

« Reply #5347 on: 28 January, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »
Big loss for me this week (1.7kg though last week was a false high), when I don't really need it - sorry. I've hit my goal and am trying to balance out by eating more without bouncing back up again. However, I don't quite think I've got the hang of it yet. I'm not complaining - the extra weight off is a bonus, but just not one I was aiming for.

I intend to stay here and keep monitoring so that I don't start slowly increasing again. It took me 2 years to get down from 92.5kg+ to about 72.4 in mid 2012 and then another 18 months or so to creep back up to 80kg in November 2014. Since then, with active recording of my diet on MFP and getting out and trying some running (Couch to 5K) I'm now down at 72.0kg.

At my peak in 2010 I had a BMI of 27.6 and I'm now down to 21.5. I feel a lot better for it. I no longer get "that lecture" when I visit my GP I've lost 4" off my waist and it's cost me a fortune in new clothes and belts, but I'm not complaining.

« Reply #5348 on: 28 January, 2015, 12:42:25 pm »
Another slight gain, continuing my pattern of two steps forward one step back. Still, it's progress of a sort.
Better than mine of two steps back for each one forward.

I hate this shit.

Mostly because I ate that shit.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5349 on: 28 January, 2015, 01:10:25 pm »
I am 0.2kg up on last week, which might not be significant.
I am lighter than at the New Year.
Which will have to do.

Maybe I'm just kidding myself...