Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300839 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6275 on: 20 November, 2016, 10:36:25 pm »
Celery has some sweetness!?!? and other flavours. I appreciate many people detest the stuff.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6276 on: 20 November, 2016, 10:49:14 pm »
Celery is best put in the mouth of a guinea pig, who will cheerfully omnomnom its way to the end in a manner akin to a well-serviced dot-matrix printer and then whistle its out-of-celery alarm.  This is by far the most entertaining thing you can do with celery, and if you absolutely insist on obtaining nutritional value from the stuff, there's always the far more efficient option of eating the guinea pig.  (Though I wouldn't recommend it.  They eat their own poo.  Possibly to take away the taste of the celery.)

« Reply #6277 on: 20 November, 2016, 10:57:21 pm »
POTY  ;D

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #6278 on: 21 November, 2016, 12:39:49 am »
I put a head of celery into my chilli pot. Best not tell anybody from Texas...

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6279 on: 21 November, 2016, 01:59:08 pm »
Under 94kg for the first time in many moons. Now if I could just stay there that would be good
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #6280 on: 21 November, 2016, 03:14:06 pm »
I put the celery in the smoothie for volume and fibre along with general green goodness. You simply cannot taste the celery but it adds volume.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6281 on: 27 November, 2016, 11:42:45 am »
The noisy flat line continues with a possible overall minimal loss.

For those who wish to enter a weight this coming Wednesday 30 November, I see that date is not on the table and you'll have to put it in yourself.

« Reply #6282 on: 27 November, 2016, 03:51:32 pm »

Noisy flat line is as good as it gets, isn't it?

Been on the Zwift pretty much reclusively / exclusively since being knocked off (consultant Occupational Health Physician attached to uni has recommended i be referred to CBT for trauma, but that's for another thread). Goal has been to keep the weight above my respiratory consultant's recommended floor of BMI 20, whilst building myself up for a crack at hyper randonneur plus LEL, after what's been my shittest year ever health wise.

Been trying to keep my protein intake up, eat interesting, enjoyable things, and limit myself to actual recovery sessions on rest days. When my three month chart looks that flat I'll be pleased, but that depends on steering clear of exacerbations and not training too hard.

Samuel D

« Reply #6283 on: 27 November, 2016, 03:56:03 pm »
Goal has been to keep the weight above my respiratory consultant's recommended floor of BMI 20

Do you know why your consultant wants to keep your BMI up? Wondering if my low BMI has something to do with my relatively frequent chest infections.

Good luck with your recovery and fitness goals.

« Reply #6284 on: 27 November, 2016, 04:06:27 pm »
Yes - I got diagnosed with bronchiectasis / alpha 1 anti trypisin deficiency after 6 chest infections in a year resulted in my old boss getting me CT scanned via the back door. Online bronchiectasis pais with much higher severity scores typically struggle to get up to bmi 18.5. If I get an infection, I can easily drop 2kg in a week. I'm lucky - my severity score is zero, and my  FEV1 is 5.76 - I seem to have been caught before my lung function is too screwed, albeit I've got mild cylindrical scarring throughout both lungs. A huge stash of Froome pills and antibiotics gets me out of jail when things get a bit "upper respiratory". Am slinging a Romandie dose down me at the mo' in an effort to keep things at bay.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6285 on: 27 November, 2016, 05:32:13 pm »
When I arrived on this island and heard about stones. I learned that I was 15 and bit of these rocky bits.

I just got of the scales and I'm under that for the first time since 1994.

206.4 lbs, 14 stones and 7 pebbles (isn't that how it works), 93.6 Kg.

Oh and the mutt is at a steady 16.5 Kg

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6286 on: 27 November, 2016, 05:53:55 pm »
Well done Woolly!

I still find stones useful as mental comparison tool;

BIG MAN = 20 stone
Large Man 15 stone
Slip of a lass - 8 stone

I don't think in kg even though I can convert easily.

« Reply #6287 on: 27 November, 2016, 05:57:12 pm »
And with all this Pilates malarkey he's even got the start of a six pack. I can't say I mind, but he says he prefers a keg.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6288 on: 04 December, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »
Yes - I got diagnosed with bronchiectasis / alpha 1 anti trypisin deficiency after 6 chest infections in a year resulted in my old boss getting me CT scanned via the back door. Online bronchiectasis pais with much higher severity scores typically struggle to get up to bmi 18.5. If I get an infection, I can easily drop 2kg in a week. I'm lucky - my severity score is zero, and my  FEV1 is 5.76 - I seem to have been caught before my lung function is too screwed, albeit I've got mild cylindrical scarring throughout both lungs. A huge stash of Froome pills and antibiotics gets me out of jail when things get a bit "upper respiratory". Am slinging a Romandie dose down me at the mo' in an effort to keep things at bay.

I didn't know that was physically possible. :P
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6289 on: 04 December, 2016, 09:18:41 pm »
Same as last week weigh in, even after a deposit ...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6290 on: 04 December, 2016, 09:22:34 pm »
Deposits are trivial. Leaks are heavier.
I was 0.7kg lighter on Saturday than Wednesday, but it's all noise.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6291 on: 04 December, 2016, 09:57:01 pm »
To be honest there was leaking too :(      :)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6292 on: 11 December, 2016, 08:21:20 pm »
.3kg down, definitely the lowest I have been in my adult life. I feel skinny now at 93.3kg, wonder if 90kg is too far. Not that it is a target or that I'm trying* but to say that I'm under 200 lbs sound like a nice thing to say.

*Have cut away sugar and sticking to health eating.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6293 on: 11 December, 2016, 10:14:32 pm »
You're doing very well, woolly!
For myself, it's the party season. I'll indulge and restart weighing at some point, but I don't know when.

« Reply #6294 on: 12 December, 2016, 08:22:14 am »
A chest cough and the attendant fortnight off the bike, plus eating too much CAEK, have meant I've been bumping around just over/under 100kg. Still, must be the lightest I've been in 5 or 6 years - immediate goal is to stay more or less static over the festive season.

Chris S

« Reply #6295 on: 12 December, 2016, 08:29:34 am »
A chest cough and the attendant fortnight off the bike, plus eating too much CAEK, have meant I've been bumping around just over/under 100kg. Still, must be the lightest I've been in 5 or 6 years - immediate goal is to stay more or less static over the festive season.

It's all about the damage limitation! If the mild-yet-dry weather holds, Rapha Festive 500 might help  :thumbsup:.

« Reply #6296 on: 14 December, 2016, 06:38:27 pm »
No entry from me this week. I don't believe the figures from this morning so need to change the battery in the scales (which involves finding them first!)
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6297 on: 14 December, 2016, 07:19:18 pm »
You're doing very well, woolly!
For myself, it's the party season. I'll indulge and restart weighing at some point, but I don't know when.

Or when I'll reveal my weight to yacf if I do step on the scales.

This looks like I might not end the year lighter than I started it.

Too bad!

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #6298 on: 18 December, 2016, 12:23:07 am »
Just stepped on the scales for the first time since I-don't-even-remember. I wish I hadn't done that  :facepalm:

Having really battled with the black dog for the last six months or so, I knew I'd put on quite a bit but I didn't realise how much. Seventeen and a half stone. No wonder cycling (and therefore motivation for cycling) has been a struggle lately. And depression being the Utter Git that it is, seeing the damage I'm doing to myself is probably not going to help.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6299 on: 18 December, 2016, 12:32:22 am »
Sympathies!
Comfort eating is understandable and possibly one of the less harmful black dog coping strategies.
The good news is that the really worst weight is easiest to lose.

Trying to lose weight before and during Christmas is probably unrealistic.

Try to keep your weight steady and tackle it with a vengeance in the New Year.

Good Luck! we're here to listen and help!