Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300649 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6500 on: 08 March, 2017, 03:29:03 pm »
Well done! Every little helps!

Make sure you don't eat any more though.

« Reply #6501 on: 09 March, 2017, 01:53:40 pm »
Interestingly enough, although my weight is no longer dropping as quick, my fat scales indicate that my fat percentage is reducing, and my belt has gone down a notch.  Although I was wondering if that was due to leather stretching with age.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6502 on: 09 March, 2017, 03:24:01 pm »
My week in Tenerife meant I was much freer with the low-carb, at least in the last few days (had an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet which had loads of meat but also a handful of rice and noodles and also some breaded onion rings). I had 1 scoop of ice cream on three occasions too. The day after I returned on a cycle ride with my GerMan we stopped at an Italian restaurant and I ended up having a pizza as everything else was too pricey. Surprisingly I didn't finish it!

Once I got home and went back fully on the low-carb I noticed I was peeing a lot again and lo and behold this morning my weigh-in shows me I have lost another kg in total since 2 weeks ago when I last weighed myself. So the holiday has not done any harm. In fact, it may have been good to have a brief pause (as someone said above) to make it less boring and to give my body a break from the low-carb.

I continue very low carb until the end of the month, then I am planning to relax it a bit and see what happens.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #6503 on: 15 March, 2017, 10:05:30 pm »
Down a kilo over the week, which is nice. Slowly but surely the weight is starting to come off.

According to the NHS BMI calculator, I'm now only 1.2kg overweight. However to be in the middle of the healthy weight zone, apparently I need to lose another 11.8kg. Sounds about right, though it's beyond my target weight for the year.

I know BMI is a crude measure, but I can't be complacent about my weight because most of the fat is abdominal. It needs to come off...
Embrace your inner Fred.

« Reply #6504 on: 21 March, 2017, 09:28:19 pm »
Mostly fell off the wagon, partly due to a new not-quite-so-serious calf injury. Also went through a baking fad of some *amazing* cinnamon buns...but much to my surprise, when I gingerly stepped up on the scale this morning, I was still at 95...hadn't gained anything!.

simonp

« Reply #6505 on: 21 March, 2017, 09:45:02 pm »
New fad. The Cinnabon diet.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6506 on: 22 March, 2017, 10:45:02 am »
I have plateaued somewhat.  Strangely at 103kg, which is where I struggled before.  Got really hungry last week, when I was commuting, and, though I was still well under target calories, put weight on a bit.  Ignored the diet over the weekend, and was within range yesterday and today, so resumed, with a light touch.
Getting there...

« Reply #6507 on: 23 March, 2017, 08:33:08 am »
Life. Stuff.
Binge eating. ALL THE MARZIPAN.

FFS. It'll take a month of righteousness to recover.

« Reply #6508 on: 23 March, 2017, 01:53:12 pm »
Life. Stuff.

Why would you have marzipan in the house? Is that like leaving a child with a gun?

Post bone graft, I asked for some frozen yogurt. MIL came back with cream egg / belgian choc ice cream. I am feeding it to the kids to get rid, and got myself some 74 kcal per lolly moo yoghurt stuff.

Nothing like codeine and having your jaw exposed and chipped away at to kill an appetite.

« Reply #6509 on: 23 March, 2017, 01:58:55 pm »
Life. Stuff.
Why would you have marzipan in the house? Is that like leaving a child with a gun?
Imagine the medium of SMS:
Quote from: fboab
Marzipan. I want marzipan
Quote from: Mr Smith
Really? Or are you just going to be cross with me if I bring some?
Tough call. What if you don't bring it?
Quote from: Mr Smith
You have 60s to decide
GET IT. GET IT NOW.

He's such an enabler.

:facepalm:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6510 on: 23 March, 2017, 04:20:12 pm »
Life. Stuff.

Post bone graft, I asked for some frozen yogurt. MIL came back with cream egg / belgian choc ice cream. I am feeding it to the kids to get rid, and got myself some 74 kcal per lolly moo yoghurt stuff.

Nothing like codeine and having your jaw exposed and chipped away at to kill an appetite.

It doesn't need to be so extreme; I lost around a stone as a student, cycling to an asylum for psychiatry and having a term of tooth pain & dental treatment.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6511 on: 23 March, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »
Reached a new low this week with 113.5kg. That's almost exactly 18 stone. Moving in the right direction.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

simonp

« Reply #6512 on: 30 March, 2017, 11:23:36 pm »
Right, getting things back on track after a month of little training. Seem to have lost weight three weeks Ina row.

« Reply #6513 on: 31 March, 2017, 03:52:29 pm »
Yesterday I wore a pair of size 12 trousers for the first time in nearly five years. Today I'm wearing a different pair to prove that it wasn't a fluke. Well not too much of one, anyway.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6514 on: 31 March, 2017, 04:44:06 pm »
Yesterday I wore a pair of size 12 trousers for the first time in nearly five years. Today I'm wearing a different pair to prove that it wasn't a fluke. Well not too much of one, anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

simonp

« Reply #6515 on: 31 March, 2017, 07:02:49 pm »
Phone autocorrect in sad mistake.

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #6516 on: 31 March, 2017, 08:14:39 pm »
I'm a whale :( heading the wrong direction. Time to re-evaluate, methinks.
Everyone's favourite windbreak

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6517 on: 31 March, 2017, 08:30:23 pm »

I really don't understand!

simonp

« Reply #6518 on: 31 March, 2017, 08:39:19 pm »

I really don't understand!

Ina instead of in a. As in the late Micky Ina.

mr ben

• Some routes may be arduous.
    • ramblings and randonees
« Reply #6519 on: 09 April, 2017, 08:51:11 pm »
Today was the first time I've worn lycra and didn't feel fat (on a ride I mean, I don't wear it any other time).  I conclude that my body works well on a low carb regime, indeed last weekend I did a 200 km with very little food of any description as I felt sick quite a lot of the time.
Think it possible that you may be mistaken.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6520 on: 12 April, 2017, 10:19:11 pm »
Have gone backwards this week. Can't say I'm surprised. Lots on, and I find I have to concentrate hard to keep to a diet. Distractions lead to reversion to bad habits.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

simonp

« Reply #6521 on: 13 April, 2017, 12:42:35 pm »
Sadly, I waited until today to lose 1kg overnight.

« Reply #6522 on: 14 April, 2017, 09:00:26 am »
I've hit my target for the 26th (Off On Ride Day) but now on holiday in France for a week, although with bike, wife and MiL, this equation could get complicated.

I'm of a mind to start a weight maintenance thread rather than weight loss. I'm REALLY good at weight loss, but shit at weight maintenance.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6523 on: 14 April, 2017, 01:39:18 pm »
Whereas I seem fine at the weight maintenance but find it challenging to lose any more...

Well done Ham!

« Reply #6524 on: 14 April, 2017, 04:08:08 pm »
Sticking fairly strictly to a 4:3 fasting regime I've managed to reach 68k.  This is the lowest I can remember being, certainly 2k lower than anything I've measured in the last 20 years.  Fortunately this seems to be combined with being the fittest also.  Just did the best spin session in the gym (so weight-neutral) I've ever done.

The fasting thing really works for me.  For 3 days (Mon/Wed/Fri) I just accept that I will be on 600 calories - no breakfast or lunch and a small evening meal- usually the same thing so I don't need to calculate anything.  On the other days I eat more or less what I like, so I never feel as though I'm depriving myself as I used to on other diets where I'd forego carbs, sugar, etc for weeks on end.

My fasting days coincide with my days at the gym, which are fairly intense.  This doesn't seem to be a problem - quite the opposite.  Exercising hard seems to take my mind off food & I don't have cravings the same way as I do if I'm sitting around doing nothing.
The sound of one pannier flapping