Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208919 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: What is your pet doing right now?
« Reply #950 on: 21 June, 2018, 10:27:55 am »
Night before last we watched the second Sin City film. Raz, chocolab #1, slept right through it but Ezra his bro never ceased to agitate, asking to go out then doing nowt, wanting to be fussed over, and generally making a nuisance of himself.  We thought it might have been the noises, but last night we watched Independence Day, which is even noisier, and he slept through it.  Possibly the stark B/W treatment of Sin City got to him.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #951 on: 28 June, 2018, 11:24:41 pm »
Big Tom is not eating.
Big Tom is not drinking.
Big Tom is awake and undistressed.
Big Tom sitting still in quiet corners, shunning company or contact.
Big Tom has not used the litter tray, nor gone outside for 24 hours.
We are worried. Medivet said take to a vet in the morning.
But we don't do mornings.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #952 on: 29 June, 2018, 01:32:15 am »
Big Tom dashed after mouse but wasn't quite fast enough.
Maybe he's not too sick.
Mouse is in corner kitchen cupboard, where boiler used to be.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #953 on: 29 June, 2018, 08:11:55 am »
Judging by the aroma wafting into my office, our two are doing what dogs do best an hour after eating. Sleeping, too.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #954 on: 29 June, 2018, 02:09:33 pm »
Big Tom seems better today: ate a whole sachet of Wiskas
Walked down garden, then started running.
Maybe he just got too hot.

Blackie seems her normal self.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #955 on: 29 June, 2018, 03:43:15 pm »
Just catching up.

Sorry to hear about Bella, and thanks to helly for the updates.

ian

« Reply #956 on: 03 July, 2018, 06:42:45 pm »
Annual vet visit. Bad Cat was good, wriggled a bit, but painless enough. Isn't she lovely, says Annika, our delightful vet. So we reach for Little Monster Cat's carrier, put it on the table. And stand well back. In the car park. Two towns away.

It took two nurses and the vet to give her a worming tablet. There was blood loss, screams, and I think the power went out across a 20 mile radius and a moderate seismic disturbance recorded. And she pooed on the vet. Not a little poo. She'd been saving that one up. I confess that I've never done that at the doctors.

I honestly don't know how she can twist through eleven-dimensional space or, for a 3kg cat, where she finds the strength to hold off three people.

Lots of hissing and snarling when they came back – I presume Bad Cat blames LMC for the entire indignity for some reason. They're stupid because it's really all our fault. They seem to have chilled out now.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #957 on: 03 July, 2018, 06:52:53 pm »
Our cats are sleeping in the lounge.
Big Tom does not tolerate heat well; he does not drink but only eats wet food. He's even started eating Sainsbury's cheapy tinned food again.
Blackie drinks freely but has shown scant interest in dry food or Sainsbury's Cheap.

Felix pouches were on Special Offer at Sainsbury's from which I've had a delivery today.

Apathetic Tom came to life with pouch #1. Then Blackie returned and David gave her a pouch.
And Tom demanded MOAR!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #958 on: 10 July, 2018, 06:16:12 am »
Obsessively licking and scratching her belly which was shaved at the vets at my request when she was having an anaesthetic for tooth cleaning (she ended up having 7 teeth out).

That was Friday and the teeth and gums look fine but the belly scratching has led to redness and she seems to even perhaps have a bit of fever and is really unhappy. I have swapped my working day so I can take her back to the vets this morning. We had a bad night with her constantly scratching and lying beside the sensor for our movement-detecting light under her bed so we had a light show between 01:00and 03:00...
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #959 on: 10 July, 2018, 12:57:58 pm »
Annual vet visit. Bad Cat was good, wriggled a bit, but painless enough. Isn't she lovely, says Annika, our delightful vet. So we reach for Little Monster Cat's carrier, put it on the table. And stand well back. In the car park. Two towns away.

It took two nurses and the vet to give her a worming tablet. There was blood loss, screams, and I think the power went out across a 20 mile radius and a moderate seismic disturbance recorded. And she pooed on the vet. Not a little poo. She'd been saving that one up. I confess that I've never done that at the doctors.

I honestly don't know how she can twist through eleven-dimensional space or, for a 3kg cat, where she finds the strength to hold off three people.

Lots of hissing and snarling when they came back – I presume Bad Cat blames LMC for the entire indignity for some reason. They're stupid because it's really all our fault. They seem to have chilled out now.

Part of me wants to meet LMC, mainly to see if she is that bad.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #960 on: 11 July, 2018, 12:00:51 pm »
Drooling all over the kitchen floor...

Let him out into the garden first thing this morning and a few minutes later could hear him barking persistently. Went out to investigate and he's found a toad. Tried to get him away from it but he picked it up in his mouth and spent the next 10 minutes running me ragged round the garden.

Eventually managed to get him to drop it and brought him inside, where he was promptly sick. Took him to the vet, who thinks he'll be fine. Apparently hypersalivation is a normal response to toad venom as a means of getting it out of the system.

I went out to dispose of the toad but it was no longer where he'd dropped it, so I guess it must have survived the ordeal and hopped off. Poor thing. I'm happy to encourage toads in the garden to keep the slugs under control but I guess we'll just have to keep an eye on the dog.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #961 on: 12 July, 2018, 06:20:59 pm »
Waiting to be spayed in the local RSPCA rescue centre before we can bring her home  ;D

She will be re-christened Phoebe (Noodle is plain daft).  A one year old domestic shorthair tabby. I’d post a picture but she’s been removed from the website already!

It’ll be nice to have a cat around again, tho she’s very nervous at the moment.

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #962 on: 12 July, 2018, 08:25:12 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #963 on: 13 July, 2018, 07:57:01 pm »
Waiting to be spayed in the local RSPCA rescue centre before we can bring her home  ;D

She will be re-christened Phoebe (Noodle is plain daft).  A one year old domestic shorthair tabby. I’d post a picture but she’s been removed from the website already!

It’ll be nice to have a cat around again, tho she’s very nervous at the moment.

Not feebee?

« Reply #964 on: 15 July, 2018, 03:46:17 pm »
Well she's been home for 2 hours now, and all have been spent behind the sofa with the occasional exception for some minor petting.  Meet Phoebe, who is approximately 1 and extremely timid!

IMG_0210 by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

IMG_0206 by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

IMG_0208 by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

IMG_0207 by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #965 on: 15 July, 2018, 09:40:24 pm »
Pheobe looks nice. She'll come out.

« Reply #966 on: 15 July, 2018, 11:05:47 pm »
Oh yes. She’s already had a foray or two. Now in the kitchen for her first night with us, food, water and litter tray to hand.  She’s beautiful  :D

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #967 on: 15 July, 2018, 11:41:39 pm »
Well, I've been missing a cat since mid morning, which is pretty much unheard of for Ninkasi cos she likes to come home for laps.
Eventually (about 2130) in my neighbours garden I heard a pitiful mewing. Unfortunately said pitiful mewing is in another garden, the wrong side of a wall topped with broken glass, very overgrown on the other side which I am led to believe might have an old air raid shelter hidden under it.
After a bit of navigation (not my strong suit) on an adjoining street, I eventually narrow down to about 6 flats where the garden she is in should be. By this point it's after 10pm and no one is answering the door. I did go into a couple of gardens to try to locate a bit better,  but a bit half heartedly.  Still, at least I know where she is now (assuming it's her). She'll have to stay there til tomorrow as I don't really fancy a late night conversation with PC Plod about breaking & entering.
Sorry Ninkasi :(

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #968 on: 16 July, 2018, 11:14:13 am »
I haz the correct number of cats again. After going to work to pick up my laptop and coming home to try to extricate her I found her cowering under the undergrowth. I'm hoping because someone read my note asking to let her out and not just because she was there the whole time. She didn't want to come out from there so she was a bit traumatised. Whether that was because she'd been shut in or cos the gulls had kept her awake all night I don't know. Silly billy.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #969 on: 18 July, 2018, 02:03:47 pm »
Big Tom smells of rat...

Nick H.

« Reply #970 on: 21 July, 2018, 06:45:36 pm »
I put a snail in the washing machine by accident. It survived but then fell off the worktop onto a tiled floor. I felt very bad for it so put it in my flatmate's pot plant to give it a chance. She was not happy when she discovered it today but she put it in a box of salad instead of throwing it out the window, quite remarkable for a German. It didn't come out of its shell so I gave it some water and that seems to have turbocharged it.  I have high hopes.

snagit

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #971 on: 22 July, 2018, 06:48:22 pm »
Spike cockatiel missing Charlie cockatiel who was put to sleep today following a prolapse  :'( :'( :'(

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #972 on: 22 July, 2018, 07:08:08 pm »
Aw, sorry Brian :(

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #973 on: 24 July, 2018, 11:56:41 pm »
Enjoying completeing a whole lap of the sun.... :hand: So spent the day as usual.

« Reply #974 on: 28 July, 2018, 09:26:45 am »
Well Phoebe is looking much more chipper now :-)  Still nervous but much better.

IMG_0219 by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr