General Category > On The Road

the trouble with public transport

(1/24) > >>

sojournermike:
Is the need to share it with some of the public.

Currently sharing a train carriage with a family that have a mobile playing 's music' through its speaker at max. Little lad learning bad habits from an early age.

Mr Larrington:
The 14 lb lump hammer is your friend.

Pancho:
I understand the correct term is "sod-casting".

Come the revolution, perpetrators will be garrotted with the headphones they're not using.

matthew:
Today has been a bad day for me and trains,

this morning the first train was delayed so I missed my normal connection (8 minutes) not been a problem for the previous month. then this evening coming home the first train ran bang on time so that I made the 4 minute connection except the train was too full and the doors all full of luggage and people (it goes to gatwick) so I couldn't board with my bike. :'(

Jon P:
Top #3 annoyances -

- the inevitable Walkman blasting out tinnitus within a couple of rows, cue "In the UK you're never more than 10ft from a rat"

- stultifying conversations on mobiles betraying states of the human mind you would have preferred not to have been made aware existed

- morons who see the need to go into Smiths before boarding the train to procure a plastic carrier bag-ful of junk food which they proceed to inanely fist into their gobs, "because they can", equally inanely heedless of how annoying the plastic crepitations so produced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version