Author Topic: Portsmouth DA News: CTC Freewheel and Hill Climb Results  (Read 917 times)

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
Portsmouth DA News: CTC Freewheel and Hill Climb Results
« on: 12 June, 2009, 08:59:34 am »
Another evening of harmless fun between Westbourne and Rowlands Castle and an unexpected win on the Hillclimb for a celebrity latecomer to the event.

As defending club champion of the Freewheel (i.e. costing downhill for as long as you can without pedalling). I was jolly nervous - especially as I am about a stone lighter than I was last year. In the end, the result was never really in question and without the drag of the SON I nearly coasted all the way to Rowlands Castle.

The Hill Climb was a gentle slope of 0.45 miles and the objective is to guess how long it is going to take you. The person closest to their time wins the prize.  Much to everyone's surprise, the winner was cycling legend, AUK founding member, mile eater, cross toaster, sometime contributor to Cycling Weekly and cycling sports journalist, Mr CCP Davies, known to certain members of this Parish.

Prizes will be awarded at the January DA dinner by author and round the world cyclist, Josie Dew.

Mick King was unavailable for comment.  ;D

H