Author Topic: Nottingham - route guidance please  (Read 943 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Nottingham - route guidance please
« on: 01 August, 2009, 02:43:12 pm »
I need to cycle from Nottingham Station (the main one) to David Lane at Old Basford (and then N from the city) - looking at the Memory Map OS it looks like the easiest way is to follow the tram route - does anyone know if the tram runs along the streets or on dedicated space (i.e. can you ride along beside it?

All help appreciated (we're actually needing to cycle from the station to escape the city at Bestwood Village ... so any suggestions welcome)

Thanks

Rob

Re: Nottingham - route guidance please
« Reply #1 on: 03 August, 2009, 10:25:30 am »
Hi Rob, the tram definitely runs along the street - you'd have to share road space!

When are you visiting? I can send you a "Cycling in Nottingham" Map if there's time! If not I'll figure out a route and transmit it as best I can. Or depending on day/time I'll personally guide you!

dave j
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 03 August, 2009, 10:37:26 am »
Thanks Dave - looks like the tram route is the way to do it (just gotta mind those rails  :)  )

Train we are on is on Weds this week - the 0949 from Brum New St - arr Nott at 1105 (assuming they have mended the signal cables that have stopped trains today!)

Rob

« Reply #3 on: 03 August, 2009, 01:02:53 pm »
Rob, the City Cycling Maps are here:

Cycling in Nottingham : Nottingham City Council

Also, Bunneys Cycles (about 100 yds from the station, just turn right out of the main "concourse", keep on the right side of the road, towards the centre) probably has hard copies.

If I decide not to go on a "Rural Rides" leisure pedal on Wednesday, I might see you!

« Reply #4 on: 04 August, 2009, 10:27:39 am »
Rob, I've thought again about this ....and YHM!