Author Topic: Tour de France 2013  (Read 1081 times)

Tour de France 2013
« on: 10 January, 2013, 10:58:21 am »
Just received this if you are in Leeds next week...

La Nuit du Tour

We would like to invite you to a spectacular, free event outside Leeds Town Hall on Thursday 17th January from 6pm - 7pm.

This is going to be a historic event when we welcome to world’s press and famous faces from across Yorkshire and beyond to celebrate the news that our bid to bring the Tour de France to Yorkshire has been successful. Leeds will be the host city to the Grand Départ of the Tour de France in 2014, with two days of racing around the county.

This is the first step on a historic journey to stage the biggest annual sporting event in the world to Yorkshire.

So join us from 6pm until 7pm outside the Leeds Town Hall for the announcement of the route for the Grand Départ 2014 in Yorkshire and an amazing show featuring entertainment and fireworks.

Spread the word amongst your friends and family and bring them along. Make sure you arrive early to get a good spot.

In the meantime show your support and keep up with developments by following Le Tour Yorkshire on Twitter @letouryorkshire and on Facebook, facebook.com/letouryorkshire 

We look forward to seeing you next Thursday and thanks again for your support.

Gary Verity
Chief Executive, Welcome to Yorkshire

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Tour de France 2013
« Reply #1 on: 10 January, 2013, 11:19:09 am »
ooo, very interesting, especially as I could spit on the Town Hall from my desk :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 10 January, 2013, 11:36:32 am »
I'd rather you didn't ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #3 on: 10 January, 2013, 11:58:07 am »
Well, as a Lancashire lad, ah'd av'ter sey that tharrud be't bes' thing fur t'Leeds Town 'All.   :)