Author Topic: CTC Charitable status - Ding Ding !! Round 2  (Read 102161 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: CTC Charitable status - Ding Ding !! Round 2
« Reply #650 on: 07 December, 2011, 10:12:22 pm »
I love the way the CTC membership numbers seem to fluctuate...

David Cox is claiming nearly 70,000 - the CTC web-site says almost 60,000.  But, hey, what's a few (or ten) thousand members, eh?

And both figures are from the membership management system....
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #651 on: 07 December, 2011, 10:43:46 pm »

It has come to pass that the information I was given regarding KM applying for other jobs has now been shown to be correct.

Have to correct you there Bikepacker, what you said was " Does anyone know if there is any truth in the rumour that he has in recent times he has applied for 3 jobs and not even got an interview?"

Lets not start spoofing.

Okay so he managed to get one interview.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #652 on: 10 December, 2011, 09:11:08 pm »
Even though I'm not in the CTC any more, I'm still getting the weekly CycleClips newsletter (isn't the membership department wonderful).

Anyway, I was amused that the latest one issued yesterday has the headline news about Kevin Mayne moving on, and is titled

"We need to say goodbye to Kevin"

which seems a bit obtuse, but perhaps someone in the CTC doesn't like Kevin.   :-\ :P
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #653 on: 10 December, 2011, 09:12:32 pm »
They should have gone for the obvious

"We need to talk about Kevin".
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #654 on: 23 December, 2011, 07:46:03 am »
So, several months down the line and all members of Council (who are the directors of CTC) still haven't had sight of the letter from the Charity Commission which rejected CTC's application for registration and gave the reasons for the rejection.

One does have to wonder what the Chief Executive and Chairman are so worried about?  Not giving directors of a company access to information is very poor governance.  :facepalm:

Perhaps Santa or one of his little helpers might be councillors and members only route to the truth...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #655 on: 23 December, 2011, 09:38:45 am »
I don't understand why you should think several months is a long time for KM to disclose information. It took me 5 years to get a set of Birthday Ride accounts from him and then only after one of the key people had died.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #656 on: 23 December, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »
So, several months down the line and all members of Council (who are the directors of CTC) still haven't had sight of the letter from the Charity Commission which rejected CTC's application for registration and gave the reasons for the rejection.

One does have to wonder what the Chief Executive and Chairman are so worried about?  Not giving directors of a company access to information is very poor governance.  :facepalm:

Perhaps Santa or one of his little helpers might be councillors and members only route to the truth...
"all members still haven't had" is ambiguous. Do you mean that none have yet had, or that some but not all have had?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #657 on: 24 December, 2011, 07:28:24 am »
"all members still haven't had" is ambiguous. Do you mean that none have yet had, or that some but not all have had?

Some members of council have been allowed to see the letter - others haven't (despite asking to).
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #658 on: 24 December, 2011, 11:05:23 pm »
I see. Sounds a peculiar situation.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #659 on: 25 December, 2011, 01:37:30 am »
It sounds to me like the period of study before committing fraud, be it financial or just plain lies :sick:
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!