Author Topic: Penalties for death by dangerous cycling.  (Read 36142 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Penalties for death by dangerous cycling.
« Reply #175 on: 15 April, 2011, 05:27:36 pm »
She's a lying witch if she's been repeatedly told this is incorrect and has had plenty of time to review the original court case.

"The cyclist hit a girl, who had been drinking under age, in the road" doesn't sound as good though, does it?  Also, the lying Tory witch is missing the essential point that no cyclist would intentionally collide with anyone else, since the odds of self-injury are extremely high.  ISTR a recent case where a cyclist collided with a skater and died (the skater didn't).

As has been said, a change in the law is neither here nor there, but the problem is a renewed vilification of cyclists because they're "different" to the everyday unfit motons, and only one step above paedophiles in the popularity stakes.  You can't bash blacks, Pakis or gays any more, but cyclists are fair game because it's their choice to be deviant!  Perfect!
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

spindrift

« Reply #176 on: 15 April, 2011, 06:41:25 pm »
She's a lying witch if she's been repeatedly told this is incorrect and has had plenty of time to review the original court case.

"The cyclist hit a girl, who had been drinking under age, in the road" doesn't sound as good though, does it?  Also, the lying Tory witch is missing the essential point that no cyclist would intentionally collide with anyone else, since the odds of self-injury are extremely high.  ISTR a recent case where a cyclist collided with a skater and died (the skater didn't).

As has been said, a change in the law is neither here nor there, but the problem is a renewed vilification of cyclists because they're "different" to the everyday unfit motons, and only one step above paedophiles in the popularity stakes.  You can't bash blacks, Pakis or gays any more, but cyclists are fair game because it's their choice to be deviant!  Perfect!

She's deleting posts that correct her error and repeating stuff she must know is not true.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #177 on: 15 April, 2011, 08:14:06 pm »
Liar Leadsom.
Getting there...

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #179 on: 06 November, 2011, 08:43:19 pm »
I was sent that. Spam indeed. A 'pay me now' link at the end. But, confused...the connection with the thread?
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #180 on: 06 November, 2011, 11:01:37 pm »
I was sent that. Spam indeed. A 'pay me now' link at the end. But, confused...the connection with the thread?

I think the spambots searched for 'death' and posted on threads which contained it.
I think we had more than one spammy 'new member' on this lark.

« Reply #184 on: 09 November, 2011, 11:05:27 am »
She is an idiot with the IQ of a squashed hedgehog.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #185 on: 09 November, 2011, 11:18:24 am »
She is an idiot with the IQ of a squashed hedgehog.

Close to Nadine Dorries level of stupidity.

That blog is excellent btw thanks Andy for punting that one up. An excellent article about Brian Dorling too (RIP).

spindrift

« Reply #186 on: 09 November, 2011, 11:59:07 am »
She's a silly, dishonest person, she's repeating stuff she knows is untrue.

« Reply #187 on: 09 November, 2011, 12:00:44 pm »
Question: all of the penalties apply to cyclists using the road.
None of them apply to footpaths, or off-road cycling routes.

Does this mean that a cunning lawyer could argue that by not riding on the road, the wrong charges have been applied?

« Reply #188 on: 09 November, 2011, 12:03:58 pm »
They'll probably apply to the 'public highway', so that will include pavements and footpaths. Private land and roads, no (just as for cars).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #189 on: 10 November, 2011, 10:31:01 am »
This came up on R4's "Law In Action" the other day.  Joshua Rosenberg cited that case not so long ago where a teenage girl was knocked down and killed, but I'm fairly sure his description of events was made of FAIL.  Mind you, he's married to Melanie Phillips.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #190 on: 10 November, 2011, 12:09:02 pm »
Yes, and the idiot MP (Leadsom) was given free rein to vent her frothings as well. Sheesh !
Rust never sleeps

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #191 on: 10 November, 2011, 01:24:01 pm »
... his description of events was made of FAIL.  Mind you, he's married to Melanie Phillips.
Are you saying we should cut the guy some slack?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #192 on: 21 January, 2012, 08:57:45 am »
Proof that Parliament isn't daft.

The bill is going nowhere.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #193 on: 21 January, 2012, 11:20:18 am »
That is a shame. I would have liked to have been able to point at quite how few people had been convicted under that in 10 years time.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #194 on: 21 January, 2012, 11:29:59 am »
Take heart Adrian, you still can, much in the way that whiny motorists moan about cyclists not paying "Road Tax." :thumbsup:

« Reply #195 on: 22 January, 2012, 03:46:20 am »
Mind you, Andrea Leadsom is also anti-HS2 so it's fair to say that she's part of the anti-speed brigade  >:( :sick: >:(