Author Topic: Ladies, check your tights!!!  (Read 24646 times)

Re: Ladies, check your tights!!!
« Reply #25 on: 13 April, 2011, 09:17:40 pm »
There was a lady in the toddler cafe last week with leggings on that were like thick tights ??? - she had very fetching white knickers with blue hearts on ;D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #26 on: 13 April, 2011, 11:07:20 pm »

When I did Vatternrundan in '09 an extremely pretty girl overtook me in one of the bike club pelotons.
She was wearing grey lycra shorts over very lacy, white knickers.
My immediate thought was "Ouch, that must chafe."

Of course it was - we believe you.
Similarly, I was behind a svelte lady cyclist, watching her lycra clad derriere swinging back and forth with the elegance of a Swiss watch.
"Blimey" I thought "her saddle's too high."

I take no pride in saying that it was, genuinely, my first thought  :-[

« Reply #27 on: 13 April, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »
There was a lady in the toddler cafe last week with leggings on that were like thick tights ??? - she had very fetching white knickers with blue hearts on ;D.

Now this is mildly scary.  Outside the world of the lycra-warrior there are *normal* people wearing leggings so thin as to be no more than tights that when viewed from the rear at their most stretched become almost invisible.  I've seen many cases of women/girls wandering around as if they'd mislaid their skirts somewhere.
I find it somewhat disconcerting primarily because nobody seems to have told them that their assets are on full display.
Yesterday there was an attractive 15/16 y/o  lass with these see-through tights and black knickers on show walking round Waitrose with her mother ... they must think it a good and suitable look  :-\

« Reply #28 on: 13 April, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »
I tell women if it's really bad. They're usually grateful. I'd prefer to be told if it was me. It may be better coming from me than some potentially pervy bloke though.

Why? Is it only pervy if a man is looking at a woman or is it just acceptable for women to be a perv, but not men?

« Reply #29 on: 13 April, 2011, 11:34:02 pm »
I tell women if it's really bad. They're usually grateful. I'd prefer to be told if it was me. It may be better coming from me than some potentially pervy bloke though.

Why? Is it only pervy if a man is looking at a woman or is it just acceptable for women to be a perv, but not men?

I think if a bloke told me my tights were see-through I would laugh whereas if a straight female said it I might think it was weird they noticed!

« Reply #30 on: 13 April, 2011, 11:57:29 pm »
Note to self: stick to black bib shorts.

« Reply #31 on: 14 April, 2011, 08:47:50 am »
I have told both men and women about the problem... 

I was in a pace line at Herne Hill velodrome behind one chap, and it was most off putting.

The lass was very embarrassed, and I was doing my best "Hugh Grant, i am a respectable bloke I can't possibly draw attention to this but" bit to try and defuse the situation.   

I think that they where both glad of the information.
Just someone's butler

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #32 on: 14 April, 2011, 08:58:59 am »
I saw quite a lot of a toned young gentleman in green & white shorts this morning.
Getting there...

« Reply #33 on: 14 April, 2011, 03:38:48 pm »
Blimey three pages!

Er, so most of these ladies are wearing what I would call running tights or exercise tights, so not cycling specific and perhaps not really designed to be stretched quite so much as they would be on a bicycle?

With regards to see through shorts on men, I once followed a chap down Cedars Road who was quite obviously wearing a lacy thong under his particularly threadbare shorts...

« Reply #34 on: 14 April, 2011, 06:19:14 pm »
Is it just me that suspects that Hummers is taking notes from this thread in preparation for PBP?

« Reply #35 on: 14 April, 2011, 06:22:48 pm »
Tim has black cycle shorts with a red lining. In certain lights, the lining shows through and looks like skin...
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #36 on: 14 April, 2011, 07:03:54 pm »

Just from reading this forum alone, the men seem to (overtly?) perv a helluva lot more than the women. It is rare that there's a thread consisting of female posters perving, be it over men or women. And that's just this forum.

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #37 on: 14 April, 2011, 07:11:14 pm »
Funny, seeing it on a bloke, yuk! Seeing it on a woman, snigger  ;)!!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #38 on: 14 April, 2011, 07:14:14 pm »
You know, I don't think I've ever noticed this transparency effect on another cyclist.

Maybe I just fail at perving?

« Reply #39 on: 14 April, 2011, 07:17:08 pm »
What I want to know is why someone in cycling gear is wearing knickers  :o
Why would you do that?
I suspect this is what Matt says, women not wearing the full cycling kit. Maybe unpadded tights (not necessarily cycling-specific) over ordinary knickers.

Ah, I see that's what was meant.

I used to commute in my work clothes, when I cycled to Reading station, & from Newbury station to the office. It was far too short a distance to wear cycling gear, & anyway, cycling clothing does not go with a Brompton.

I used to know a shapely young woman who had a pair of shorts which had worn very thin at the back. I noticed cleavage one day when cycling behind her.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #40 on: 14 April, 2011, 07:17:41 pm »

Maybe I just fail at perving?

Must try harder.

« Reply #41 on: 14 April, 2011, 07:23:33 pm »

Just from reading this forum alone, the men seem to (overtly?) perv a helluva lot more than the women. It is rare that there's a thread consisting of female posters perving, be it over men or women. And that's just this forum.
Possibly. Aren't there more men than women on this forum though?
I think you could be right by saying that men are more pervy, but I'll never really know. I expect that men and women perv over each other in different ways. Maybe that's what it is. The way men perv is less acceptable than the way women perv? Men tend to be more intimidating than women too, even if we don't mean to be.
It's all generalisation, but when you're dealing with strangers, generalisation is about all you have to go on.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #42 on: 14 April, 2011, 09:18:54 pm »

there.s,neen,consideranle,discussion,anout,the,laddish,atmosphere,this,place,has,at,times.,this,thread,the,mark,cafendish,girlfriend,thread
,norderline,noilers,-,this,would,ne,clearer,if,my,keynoard,wasn.t,fucked-,threads,anout,how,talentedattractife,fictoria,pendleton,is,,
passing,remarks,anout,how,pleasant,it,is,to,hafe,to,fisit,a,secondary,school,and,see,the,nunile,teenage,girls,-,with,no,
cross-referencing,to,the,predatorymen,thread,-,it.s,like,a,yacf,law,that,at,any,one,time,there,must,ne,at,least,two,actife,threads,of,men,
perfing,anout,women.,efery,so,often,eferyone,agrees,to,try,to,minimise,the,laddishness,and,it,lasts,for,anout,a,day,and,a,half.,and,then
people,wonder,why,women,are,less,likely,to,cycle,or,to,use,cycle,fora.,
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #43 on: 14 April, 2011, 09:26:01 pm »

there.s,neen,consideranle,discussion,anout,the,laddish,atmosphere,this,place,has,at,times.,this,thread,the,mark,cafendish,girlfriend,thread
,norderline,noilers,-,this,would,ne,clearer,if,my,keynoard,wasn.t,fucked-,threads,anout,how,talentedattractife,fictoria,pendleton,is,,
passing,remarks,anout,how,pleasant,it,is,to,hafe,to,fisit,a,secondary,school,and,see,the,nunile,teenage,girls,-,with,no,
cross-referencing,to,the,predatorymen,thread,-,it.s,like,a,yacf,law,that,at,any,one,time,there,must,ne,at,least,two,actife,threads,of,men,
perfing,anout,women.,efery,so,often,eferyone,agrees,to,try,to,minimise,the,laddishness,and,it,lasts,for,anout,a,day,and,a,half.,and,then

Am I alone in being just as likely to perv the men as they might be to perv me?  :demon:

« Reply #44 on: 14 April, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »

Yep, that. I think. (Hope your keyboard troubles are remedied soonest, Kirst!)

« Reply #45 on: 14 April, 2011, 10:17:37 pm »
Am I alone in being just as likely to perv the men as they might be to perv me?  :demon:

Dunno? Maybe you're one of the few that are open about it? I've read the odd comment here and there that some women here like some men. All Kirst and NSTN have shown is that there is (much) more of it from men and men are more open about it. No evidence that women are less pervy and still haven't really answered whether or not it is more acceptable for women to be pervy than it is for men.
I personally am not offended by, nor criticizing women for being pervy about men (or women) that they might fancy. It seems like it should be normal to me.
I suppose it's a bit of a catch 22 situation. Cycling is male dominated, so cycling forums are male dominated, which means a lot of men talking the usual BS that men talk about and not very much girlie talk going on, which women find offputting, so keep away from the lads taking BS.
I have noticed that there don't seem to be any threads from women about men that they might fancy and have thought it a bit odd.

« Reply #46 on: 14 April, 2011, 10:25:58 pm »

Dunno? Maybe you're one of the few that are open about it? I've read the odd comment here and there that some women here like some men. All Kirst and NSTN have shown is that there is (much) more of it from men and men are more open about it. No evidence that women are less pervy and still haven't really answered whether or not it is more acceptable for women to be pervy than it is for men.
I personally am not offended by, nor criticizing women for being pervy about men (or women) that they might fancy. It seems like it should be normal to me.
I suppose it's a bit of a catch 22 situation. Cycling is male dominated, so cycling forums are male dominated, which means a lot of men talking the usual BS that men talk about and not very much girlie talk going on, which women find offputting, so keep away from the lads taking BS.
I have noticed that there don't seem to be any threads from women about men that they might fancy and have thought it a bit odd.

I guess that's because women don't (IME) tend to compare notes about men where those men can read it! Some of the female yacfers are not into men anyway. It is also generally considered bad form amongst females to make comments about guys who are married or taken. I think as a sex we also tend towards being tactful, and wouldn't want to say things that might make some of the guys here feel insulted (hairy backs notwithstanding). Personally I don't think there is anything at all wrong in simply admiring things and people that are nice to look at :)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #47 on: 14 April, 2011, 10:31:15 pm »

I have occasionally felt like starting one, just to even the balance.

But then I realise that I'm basically rubbish at fancying men, and don't really know where to start.  I'm not all that much better at fancying women, tbh.   :-\

Though the geek totty borderline boilers (what does that even mean?) thread's been fairly universal - even if most of the contributions have been from men, I reckon that's just reflecting the demographic.

For the record, I don't think this place excludes women.  There have been all manner of women-specific threads, and plenty of positive contributions to them from women and men alike.  Indeed, it was a rather frank discussion about shorts and sore labia that endeared me to YACF in the first place.  It's just that there are rather a lot of men, and as such it gets a bit blokey at times.

« Reply #48 on: 14 April, 2011, 10:34:56 pm »

I have occasionally felt like starting one, just to even the balance.

But then I realise that I'm basically rubbish at fancying men, and don't really know where to start.  I'm not all that much better at fancying women, tbh.   :-\

Though the geek totty borderline boilers (what does that even mean?) thread's been fairly universal - even if most of the contributions have been from men, I reckon that's just reflecting the demographic.

For the record, I don't think this place excludes women.  There have been all manner of women-specific threads, and plenty of positive contributions to them from women and men alike.  Indeed, it was a rather frank discussion about shorts and sore labia that endeared me to YACF in the first place.  It's just that there are rather a lot of men, and as such it gets a bit blokey at times.

+1
And discussions about things like Mooncups sends the guys running from threads in horror  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #49 on: 14 April, 2011, 10:38:05 pm »
Not all the guys.  Some of us (I flatter myself slightly to include me) are a bit more grown up.
Getting there...