Author Topic: Catching Real Criminals  (Read 28561 times)

Re: Catching Real Criminals
« Reply #225 on: 13 June, 2011, 09:35:29 am »
LOOOL!  Too little, far too late.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #226 on: 15 June, 2011, 01:45:33 pm »
So you see my dear fellow, when a manufacturer recommends that you do something to comply with the law, if one fails to follow their expert advice in favour of one's inferior knowledge then one is rather leaving oneself open to prosecution by the relevant authorities.

Just to pluck something out of this morass (and because I can't resist stirring the dead topic pot) - is it generally agreed that the manufacturer of something is inherently an expert on all laws?

There is nothing stopping me setting up a small bike business welding frames which are very similar to (but not, obviously, direct copies of) the Mundo. By simple virtue of having produced said bike, I can now give an expert and conflicting child-carrying recommendation, right?

So depending on whether they bought a Mundo or a EdinburghFixed "Odnum", cyclists would either be obeying the manufacturer's expert opinion or defying it, (leaving only the Mundo owners to be prosecuted).

Is this the jist of the argument?

I would have thought a court would have to bin the manufacturer's recommendations and judge what was reasonable themselves, for precisely this reason.

</stir>

« Reply #227 on: 15 June, 2011, 01:52:55 pm »
Essentially we don't have enough information to pass any informed view on whether the cyclist or the police were more correct.

Nightfly

« Reply #228 on: 19 June, 2011, 07:41:26 am »
Oh fuck off you tedious cunt

<for the win  ;) >

Your derogatory, obscene and offensive nasty personal remarks directed toward me are totally inappropriate, unacceptable and unjustified by any stretch of the imagination.

The individual below Keely Houghton received a prison sentence for cyber bullying.

Cyberbully Keeley Houghton gets 3 months for Facebook death threats - Times Online

The fact that the moderators have chosen not to remove this post inspite of requests to do so suggests to me that they condone or endorse such remarks.

Rapples

« Reply #229 on: 19 June, 2011, 07:48:22 am »
I thought he was referring to clarion :o

Nightfly

« Reply #230 on: 19 June, 2011, 08:09:41 am »
I thought he was referring to clarion :o

I don't think so since his post followed mine.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #231 on: 19 June, 2011, 08:55:16 am »

<for the win  ;) >

Your derogatory, obscene and offensive nasty personal remarks directed toward me are totally inappropriate, unacceptable and unjustified by any stretch of the imagination.

The individual below Keely Houghton received a prison sentence for cyber bullying.

Cyberbully Keeley Houghton gets 3 months for Facebook death threats - Times Online

The fact that the moderators have chosen not to remove this post inspite of requests to do so suggests to me that they condone or endorse such remarks.

Oh stop whinging... 

And don't go issuing veiled threats.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #232 on: 19 June, 2011, 09:02:20 am »

<for the win  ;) >

I agree with Nightfly, I think it was directed at him.  It was inspired posting as I thought it would have guaranteed the thread to be locked.  But alas, no.  I wish I'd thought of it.