Author Topic: The stupidest rider you saw  (Read 9673 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: The stupidest rider you saw
« Reply #50 on: 09 September, 2023, 06:50:51 pm »
I followed an Italian for 20k into Dreux who was only wearing one shoe.  Never got round to asking.

The other was probably a bit dirty.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #51 on: 10 September, 2023, 01:53:53 pm »
 ;D

« Reply #52 on: 10 September, 2023, 02:29:57 pm »
I rode for a bit with an Italian rider who was wearing white shorts. A bold choice for PBP, but I guess he wanted to match with his shoes and bar tape...

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #53 on: 10 September, 2023, 02:57:28 pm »
Audax Italia does run organised bag drops for riders to ensure their appearance is pristine at all times.

No doubt there are laundry services and hair stylists available for members as well.

2027 I believe they will have a mobile espresso van at each control to ensure they don’t have to put up with mediocre coffee.

Audax done right!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #54 on: 10 September, 2023, 04:15:01 pm »
I saw a few people who classified as stupid:-

Second night, saw a rider with a blue light on at the back along with a red one, from a distance it looked like an emergency vehicle, I also saw him third and fourth night unless their was more than one doing it. On the fourth night, I saw the motorcylist's just ride past him but they stopped a rider with no back light in the same group.

This guy was very lucky not to have been picked up by the gendarmes or police. Blue gyrophares are quite definitely not allowed on anything other than an emergency vehicle (that does include gas and electricity emergency teams but I think all the others, water, breakdown trucks etc are only allowed orange). You can get the book thrown at you for that sort of nonsense (and probably delayed until outside control times in the case of PBP!)

« Reply #55 on: 21 September, 2023, 06:10:28 pm »
It's me...  ;D

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #56 on: 21 September, 2023, 08:15:05 pm »
Audax Italia does run organised bag drops for riders to ensure their appearance is pristine at all times.

No doubt there are laundry services and hair stylists available for members as well.

2027 I believe they will have a mobile espresso van at each control to ensure they don’t have to put up with mediocre coffee.

Audax done right!

How do I join Audax Italia?

« Reply #57 on: 21 September, 2023, 11:15:47 pm »
It's me...  ;D

No, no - that's fine!  And not unknown in my part of the audax world.  Banjo, now that would be stupid!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #58 on: 23 September, 2023, 12:07:50 pm »

Audax done right!

How do I join Audax Italia?
If you have to ask ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles