Author Topic: back pain  (Read 1128 times)

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
back pain
« on: 06 January, 2017, 03:21:55 pm »
I realise that I don't have a particularly strong core, but have no issues when cycling.  However when I ride my motorcycle (sit up and beg style) within half an hour or so, I get a terrible ache in the middle part of my back.

I have no idea what to do about. I have tried yoga - cat, cow, dog and other stretches (including cobra) but nothing really hits the spot.

Has anyone else suffered from this and if so what did you do?

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Re: back pain
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:35:50 pm »
I have this problem, and have done on all my motorbikes since my discs degenerated a decade ago. No idea what age you are though so maybe something different.
The issue with age related disc degeneration is they dry out and your back becomes more affected by vibration which transfers more intensely to the less degenerated disc higher up. At least that is what I was told by my consultant, who said to avoid all vertical vibrations - I don't even walk downstairs these days if I can avoid it.
I still ride but now I am on a comfy back supported fat scooter not a race suspension vibrator. It is vertical but very forgiving, no vibrations.
As I say you issue may be quite different, but road vibration may be worth thinking about.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
Re: back pain
« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:11:15 pm »
I am coming up to 50.  I have no idea whether it's vibration or being tense.  It's really annoying and have a doctors appointment at the end of the month