Author Topic: Mapsource: How to display?  (Read 1039 times)

Mapsource: How to display?
« on: 19 October, 2011, 05:22:16 pm »
I have Mapsource on my computer and have unlocked Topo GB. However, I can't get Mapsource to
display a list of all of the regions on the left of the image. Can somebody advise?

Thanks.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Mapsource: How to display?
« Reply #1 on: 19 October, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »
Map tiles appear in that list after you've selected them with the map tile selecty tool thinger.  That's the irregular pentagon thing between the "upload to GPS" and "magnify" icons in that screenshot.  Select that, then click on (or drag-select) an area of map to add the corresponding tile(s).  You'll want a lot less zoom for that to make sense.

To select the whole lot, simply zoom right out until the whole of the British Isles are easily visible.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #2 on: 19 October, 2011, 05:35:11 pm »
The map tab lists the currently selected map tiles. Use the map tool (the polygon on the menu bar) to display the map in maptile view.

Personally I download all the maptiles in one hit - which takes a while - and thereafter just download waypoints/tracks/routes, which doesn't.

Edit: Kim beat me by 1 second...bother!

« Reply #3 on: 19 October, 2011, 06:12:29 pm »
When I choose the map tile icon and try to draw a box around the UK, the box doesn't stay on screen,
so I can't drag/drop or copy/paste it into the maps box on the left. I can't figure it out.  :-\

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4 on: 19 October, 2011, 06:29:43 pm »
You don't drag or copy anything into the maps box.

The tile(s) should turn purple when you click on them, or include them by enclosing them in your dragged box, and automatically appear in the maps box.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #5 on: 19 October, 2011, 06:33:24 pm »
I'm wondering if it's deliberately disallowing you.

What model is your GPS, and did you buy the map on SD card or DVD, and what do you mean by unlocked?

« Reply #6 on: 19 October, 2011, 07:48:44 pm »
My gps is an Etrex Vista CX. It is a replacement one for the previous model that its rubber outer come
loose. TOPO GB was bought via a dvd. The maps have to be unlocked, that's why when you purchase
them, they come with an unlock code.

Edit:
It appears to be working now. By clicking into each region turns the selection into a different colour,
which then shows the name of the selection in the maps pane.

Thanks for all who offered advice.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #7 on: 19 October, 2011, 07:55:24 pm »
Glad you got it working.

I know what you mean about unlocking with the DVD maps (I've done that too); just asking in case you had an SD card map.