Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Freewheeling / Re: Halfrauds to sell Bromptons
« Last post by Johnny Faro on Today at 06:28:49 am »
Tis a good move for both. Like them or not a lot of people see Halfords as their first stop when they want a bike or something resembling one.

I doubt the Brompton Brand will be damaged even if service is poor in store in the way say if giant were sold in Halfords as Brompton looks to have an extremely strong branding

And lastly Halfords has improved immensely but is still hit or miss and seems to struggle with staff retention which itself may change as Halfords can probably offer security of job most cycle related shops can't.
OT Knowledge / Re: Do microphones deteriorate with time?
« Last post by slowfen on Today at 05:45:47 am »
As an aside

I used via voice for a number of years, but found that half a bottle of wine would decrease the accuracy of the recognition ( I even toyed with the idea of setting up a second account for when drinking)

Query has there been a change in your voice??
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Booking flight on http website
« Last post by grams on Today at 12:57:49 am »
Which major browsers don't trust Let's Encrypt?
https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/

Is my self-signed cert any less trustworthy?
I don't think so, but it's made difficult for end-users to understand that.

There's nothing stopping a MITM creating their own self-signed certificate for your domain, making encryption basically pointless.
The Knowledge / Re: Bikes on Class 800 trains (GWR)
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 12:37:33 am »
I saw one of these compartments today and seriously wondered why they had installed showers on the trains.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Pedaldog on Today at 12:16:25 am »
Let me in - the Osmonds.
Audax / Re: Dutch brevets in 2019
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Yesterday at 11:45:06 pm »
I'm also tempted by the Rondje Texel 400. (I live in Cambridge but rode several AUK-validated DIYs in The Netherlands this year, including a 400. They were all great fun). This would be my first proper Dutch brevet.

I'm looking at the online entry form. It asks for your "club", and offers a long list of clubs from around the world, though the list looks broken and incomplete (only A-C) What do other UK-based riders do here?

Nigel

Can we sign up for this one already? Can't normally sign up until about 4 weeks before an event.

J
Sorry, I hadn't meant to imply that. I was trying out the entry form for another event. I also wanted to find out how payment worked, and discovered I could use PayPal or "credit card" in addition to various Dutch systems.

Ah. Had my hopes up. You can also pay in cash at the start when you pick up your Brevet card, tho it's non Obvious how to choose it as an option.

Also discovered I had screwed up my ACP club number thing on some of my Entries, so I am down as NL individual, rather than Randonneurs NL on some of the rides I did. I only realised I'd screwed up when the AUK recorder said something along the lines of "you can use <auk number> instead of NL individual if you want when signing up". Now I make a point to double check the ACP number is right before submitting.

J
Audax / Re: Dutch brevets in 2019
« Last post by nigeld on Yesterday at 11:32:13 pm »
I'm also tempted by the Rondje Texel 400. (I live in Cambridge but rode several AUK-validated DIYs in The Netherlands this year, including a 400. They were all great fun). This would be my first proper Dutch brevet.

I'm looking at the online entry form. It asks for your "club", and offers a long list of clubs from around the world, though the list looks broken and incomplete (only A-C) What do other UK-based riders do here?

Nigel

Can we sign up for this one already? Can't normally sign up until about 4 weeks before an event.

J
Sorry, I hadn't meant to imply that. I was trying out the entry form for another event. I also wanted to find out how payment worked, and discovered I could use PayPal or "credit card" in addition to various Dutch systems.
PBP 2019 / Re: Paris-Brest-Paris 2019 Accommodation
« Last post by Ivo on Yesterday at 10:53:39 pm »
I booked a pitch as well, including a few extra tents and people. I guess it'll be very easy to find 5 extra persons ;).
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Fettled any computer stuff today?
« Last post by woollypigs on Yesterday at 10:24:52 pm »
First question have you checked that the backup of that is working ?
Audax / Re: 50km events - getting the kids interested...
« Last post by Bobby on Yesterday at 10:15:37 pm »
Did a diy with the youngest today, he’s been 7 for less than 2 weeks, but today did 50km with 14 seconds to spare!  He was on the tag-along, but we did it & found time to have plenty of stops / snacks / food etc... he’s knackered but asked about the next  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10