Author Topic: Harry to Marry  (Read 9925 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Harry to Marry
« Reply #50 on: 28 November, 2017, 09:22:14 am »
I think they're aliens. Grebulons . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

ian

« Reply #51 on: 28 November, 2017, 09:33:30 am »
I was watching some crap on Netflix last night while my dinner cooked. Anyway, some weird US end-of-the-worlder, you know the type, with a bad itch for the end times, had calculated that the name 'Prince Charles of Wales' added up to 666. Which means he's a the anti-christ. If you don't believe that, which would be foolish, note that the flag of Wales includes a big dragon that looks, you know, a bit like a demon (or would, if you didn't know what a dragon was). Argue with that if you dare. It's not because they're lizards, that is so patently ludicrous.

I've no idea what Prince Harry of Wherever adds up to.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #52 on: 28 November, 2017, 09:51:18 am »
Isn't his given name Henry so you'd have to use that for adding up wouldn't you. Or would you have to use Henry to be known as Harry? I clearly don't know the rules of this adding up malarkey
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #53 on: 28 November, 2017, 10:07:43 am »
Meanwhile, Martin Rowson is on top form.

Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #54 on: 28 November, 2017, 10:32:09 am »
Isn't his given name Henry so you'd have to use that for adding up wouldn't you. Or would you have to use Henry to be known as Harry? I clearly don't know the rules of this adding up malarkey

You just have to keep trying until you get to the number you first thought of.
Move Faster and Bake Things

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #55 on: 28 November, 2017, 10:40:07 am »
Anyway, this is his name:

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales

What does that add up to?  A hill of beans?
Getting there...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #56 on: 28 November, 2017, 10:44:06 am »

I think it is actually His Royal Higness Prince Henry of Wales

At least it was a few weeks ago when he was at a function I was at.
It is simpler than it looks.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #57 on: 28 November, 2017, 10:45:30 am »
I was referring to ian's post on numerology, which references Charlie boy as The Beast (or summat)
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #58 on: 28 November, 2017, 11:33:52 am »
She was second in line to the thrown at the time. Harry is fifth, going on sixth just now.

Surely she was fourth, on account of having three brothers?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #59 on: 28 November, 2017, 11:37:43 am »
I was referring to ian's post on numerology, which references Charlie boy as The Beast (or summat)

I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm pretty sure he's never called 'Prince Charles of Wales' not even in Hebrew.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #60 on: 28 November, 2017, 11:40:01 am »
She was second in line to the thrown at the time. Harry is fifth, going on sixth just now.

Surely she was fourth, on account of having three brothers?
IRTA "second in line to be thrown". Which could mean all sorts of things!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #61 on: 28 November, 2017, 11:46:14 am »

Did he ask for your autograph?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #62 on: 28 November, 2017, 11:56:07 am »

I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm pretty sure he's never called 'Prince Charles of Wales' not even in Hebrew.
I think his official moniker is 'HRH Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales' But I CBA to go and check it.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #63 on: 28 November, 2017, 11:58:47 am »
How many unemployed ex soldiers are allowed to just import their new foreign wife into the UK?

Isn't this a case of an immigrant taking a job that should go to an unemployed british woman?
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #64 on: 28 November, 2017, 12:48:05 pm »
... why did we get a day off for Princess Anne's doomed first marriage ...?

November 14th, 1973: Princess Anne's wedding, Prince Charles' birthday and the day I bought my Jedson Les Paul guitar from Selmer's in Charing Cross Road, London, for £72 new, because we had the day off school.

You must have been rich then! That was 2 weeks wages when I started work in 1978!

Anyway as a paid up ginga ninja ,I have to thank Wales,H. for unblocking the stigma of gingerism.
He has made the beard that looks like a rusty brillo pad almost cool  and he's bagged a good looker as well, albeit a pre-owned model.

He needs to know how much we have suffered to have got this far.
All those years of "Oi,carrot top", "Ginge" "Copperknob"  etc etc. - my how we ached at the humorous banter.
When it was declared off limits to make jokes about skin colour, religion or sexual orientation , gingerism was the only form of abuse that was not legislated for.
So for Harry to get hitched to someone from off the telly has raised the bar on what gingers can achieve.
However, somewhere in the background is Mrs. Merton -"So Meghan , what was it that attracted you to a member of the Royal family?"
I rest my case.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #65 on: 28 November, 2017, 01:47:03 pm »
... why did we get a day off for Princess Anne's doomed first marriage ...?

November 14th, 1973: Princess Anne's wedding, Prince Charles' birthday and the day I bought my Jedson Les Paul guitar from Selmer's in Charing Cross Road, London, for £72 new, because we had the day off school.

I dashed to the local watch shop and bought myself a big Timex 'boy's' watch, so I had a watch for my English Language 'O' Level the following Monday.
Managed to return in time to watch proceedings on next-door neighbour's1 colour television.

1) Revd Roger L Roberts, Chaplain to HM The Queen, Chapel of The Savoy. Erstwhile Master at Oundle School.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #66 on: 28 November, 2017, 01:58:45 pm »

Did he ask for your autograph?

No, he asked for yours.
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #67 on: 28 November, 2017, 03:39:51 pm »
Quote from: madcow link=topic=105894.msg2231169#msg2231169

He needs to know how much we have suffered to have got this far.
All those years of "Oi,carrot top", "Ginge" "Copperknob"  etc etc. - my how we ached at the humorous banter.
When it was declared off limits to make jokes about skin colour, religion or sexual orientation , gingerism was the only form of abuse that was not legislated for.
So for Harry to get hitched to someone from off the telly has raised the bar on what gingers can achieve.
However, somewhere in the background is Mrs. Merton -"So Meghan , what was it that attracted you to a member of the Royal family?"
I rest my case.
Who cares what you think, Duracell?  ;)

The most ginger kid in our class was called Ferret, even by the teachers.  He was actually very popular.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #68 on: 28 November, 2017, 03:45:02 pm »
Will there be a YACF camping weekend?

Just to be clear, another 'not the royal wedding' week end?

I could be persuaded to adjust the timing of the early season Long Itch caper to coincide but I fear that Long Itch is royalist country.   

Let's get a date first then mull it over.

So, we know now that it is in May.    If it is a weekend or a Friday do folk want a 'Not the Royal Wedding Love In' weekend then?

« Reply #69 on: 28 November, 2017, 03:45:17 pm »
Hey Roger, Duracell eh!
Step outside and meet my two mates ,Ben (Sledgehammer) Stokes and Johnny (Headbutt) Bairstow.
Ginja ninja warrior class of '17.

« Reply #70 on: 28 November, 2017, 04:14:17 pm »
The announcement is putting mental health services under even more pressure

« Reply #71 on: 29 November, 2017, 08:37:38 am »
I liked one announcement
Successful actress, humanitarian and anti-slavery campaigner to marry ex-squaddie.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #72 on: 29 November, 2017, 09:58:23 am »
I was watching some crap on Netflix last night while my dinner cooked. Anyway, some weird US end-of-the-worlder, you know the type, with a bad itch for the end times, had calculated that the name 'Prince Charles of Wales' added up to 666. Which means he's a the anti-christ. If you don't believe that, which would be foolish, note that the flag of Wales includes a big dragon that looks, you know, a bit like a demon (or would, if you didn't know what a dragon was). Argue with that if you dare. It's not because they're lizards, that is so patently ludicrous.

I've no idea what Prince Harry of Wherever adds up to.

I remember, 25 years ago, working in a Suffolk school, and a local Brethren family, the Skoyles, all 14 of them, rocked up to school demanding to see the Head.

"We don't want our children using them 'pooters"

"Oh really? And why is that?"

"They are the work of the Devil"

"And what makes you think that?"

They pulled out a piece of paper with some sort of formula, a=1, b=2, kind of thing, and announced that if you added up the letters of the word COMPUTER it came to six hundred and sixty-six.

"And that signifies the work of the Devil!!!"

"How interesting!" said the Head. "I wonder what it is in French?" At which point he pulled off a French dictionary from the shelf, found the word 'ordinateur' and applied the calculation.

"So, it comes to 1546. And what does that signify?"

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #73 on: 29 November, 2017, 12:25:27 pm »
Well? What does it signify? Two and a bit devils, I suppose, which is just what you'd expect of the French.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #74 on: 29 November, 2017, 12:45:38 pm »
Presumably one SI diable is 2.(321) imperial devils.