Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 887361 times)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3175 on: 24 May, 2018, 01:44:31 pm »
No, you don't want to know. Suffice it to say that, a bit like the Hopkins creature, since the Brexit vote he seems to have stopped making any effort to disguise his racist tendencies.

Brexit and Trump have acted as "enablers" for the bigots and the ignorant. 

They've always been there of course but they used to be told to sit down and shut up.  The stuff they thought, and said,  privately would have got them sacked in the good old days.

Now it's fine for Foreign Secretaries to call black children "Pickaninnies"  and for Presidents to grope Pussies with out the thought of an honourable resignation crossing their mind.  In fact they now "double-down" when challenged and get even more bigoted.

It's all gone very backwards and it's depressing.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #3176 on: 29 May, 2018, 09:25:52 pm »
Roseanne Barr - and the ABC executives who commissioned a reboot of the sitcom Roseanne, despite the fact that they knew since it was last produced, she'd turned into a racist conspiraloon*.

Today, she went far enough over the line on Tw@tter that ABC couldn't brush it under the carpet - sorry, ignore the fact that lots of people were pointing out who had advert slots on the show, and how ABC uses its other shows to tout its commitment to diversity - and they have cancelled the show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44294632

* https://www.thedailybeast.com/roseanne-keeps-promoting-qanon-the-pro-trump-conspiracy-theory-that-makes-pizzagate-look-tame
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3177 on: 30 May, 2018, 01:19:53 pm »
Well, she is (famously) white trash with money.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3178 on: 30 May, 2018, 03:29:01 pm »
it's the drugs that done it, apparently :demon: These fwits just can't stay off Twatter tho'

« Reply #3179 on: 30 May, 2018, 05:16:56 pm »
it's the drugs that done it, apparently :demon: These fwits just can't stay off Twatter tho'

Does Sanofi make a burn ointment?  :demon:

The drug maker of Ambien responds to Roseanne Barr:

"...While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication,” Ashleigh Koss, Head of Media Relations, North America, Sanofi US tells @Cnn
https://twitter.com/ElizLanders/status/1001830931668393984
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3180 on: 30 May, 2018, 07:51:58 pm »
Yeah, but if it wasn't for her racism, we wouldn't have discovered https://www.reddit.com/r/ambien/

« Reply #3181 on: 01 June, 2018, 11:51:35 am »
Lawson for his hypocracy.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3182 on: 01 June, 2018, 12:10:11 pm »
Lawson for his hypocracy.
Blimey, what a way to make a return to the public sphere.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3183 on: 01 June, 2018, 02:05:06 pm »

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3184 on: 04 June, 2018, 05:17:22 pm »
Kirsty Alsop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44353321?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ocid=socialflow_facebook

I'd like to say that my opinion of her has fallen, but as I've never thought much of her in any case that statement would contain some LIE
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #3185 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:24:38 pm »
Kirsty Alsop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44353321?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ocid=socialflow_facebook

I'd like to say that my opinion of her has fallen, but as I've never thought much of her in any case that statement would contain some LIE

Surely the averagely mature 10 and 12 year old should be able to supervise themselves for a couple of hours? It's not like they need the legroom.

Most kids of that age behave better when their parents aren't around.

I honestly don't see the problem.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3186 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:39:55 pm »
Kirsty Alsop

Surely the averagely mature 10 and 12 year old should be able to supervise themselves for a couple of hours? It's not like they need the legroom.

Most kids of that age behave better when their parents aren't around.

I honestly don't see the problem.

Agreed. I presume they sit in schoolrooms all day without parents' presence.

There's little more to being a passenger than sitting down, shutting up and following instructions, is there?

« Reply #3187 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:43:03 pm »
Nowt wrong with Kirsty's approach. Kids needs to know not all will be given to them on a plate.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3188 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »
I can't see a particular problem either.

I'm guessing those complaining would take their kids to a special romantic weekend to celebrate a wedding anniversary, or to work...
It is simpler than it looks.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3189 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:48:59 pm »
It would seem that I’m out of step with the collective. It’s not about them travelling apart from me and indeed my off spring have travelled to more places than I have, other with school parties or just cousins. Equally, we’ve left our children with friends and relativeswhen we’ve had weekends away without them.  But if I’m traveling with my children then I travel with my children.
Ah well.

ian

« Reply #3190 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:55:41 pm »
It would seem that I’m out of step with the collective. It’s not about them travelling apart from me and indeed my off spring have travelled to more places than I have, other with school parties or just cousins. But if I’m traveling with my children then I travel with my children.
Ah well.

To be honest though, the kids probably have a lot more fun being left to their own devices. As will the parents, who can chill out without really having to worry, I'm pretty sure they lock the doors on a plane. I think it's win-win. And kids of that age are mostly a lot more scared of the censure of the random other adults than their parents.

I was reading an article in the WSJ the other day about unsupervised kids and there's an actual initiative (in the US) to issue unsupervised children cards explaining to other 'concerned' adults why they shouldn't interfere or call the police.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #3191 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:56:35 pm »
Kirsty Alsop

This isn't why she's a twat.

She's a twat mainly because of her self-entitled view on life and that, due to making an occasional set of gingham curtains for a children's playhouse, she's got where she is today by sheer hard work and determination (and why doesn't every one stop complaining and drag themselves up by their bootstraps?).

Another privileged fucker who thinks they did it all by themselves and can't understand why everyone can't.

Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3192 on: 04 June, 2018, 08:02:52 pm »
It would seem that I’m out of step with the collective. It’s not about them travelling apart from me and indeed my off spring have travelled to more places than I have, other with school parties or just cousins. But if I’m traveling with my children then I travel with my children.
Ah well.

To be honest though, the kids probably have a lot more fun being left to their own devices. As will the parents, who can chill out without really having to worry, I'm pretty sure they lock the doors on a plane. I think it's win-win. And kids of that age are mostly a lot more scared of the censure of the random other adults than their parents.

I’ve nothing against unsupervised children, though I’ve had to go on a few rescue missions when they’ve made mistakes (thankfully, they’ve always felt able to call me when it’s gone base over apex, no matter what the cause). I suppose the bit I took exception to is that she reckons her kids aren’t worth spending the extra money on, when she’s clearly not prepared to travel cattle class.

I was reading an article in the WSJ the other day about unsupervised kids and there's an actual initiative (in the US) to issue unsupervised children cards explaining to other 'concerned' adults why they shouldn't interfere or call the police.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3193 on: 04 June, 2018, 08:29:56 pm »
When I was a teen, I travelled to the US in economy with my sis while my parents were in first. To be fair, my dad’s employer was paying for his and my mum’s tickets since he was making the trip for work reasons. I was just getting a free holiday out of his air miles. Can’t really complain about that.

Kirstie Allsopp is a super-twat for all sorts of other reasons though, as LEE suggests.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3194 on: 05 June, 2018, 09:59:46 am »
Nothing affirms in my mind the adage about fools and their money more than the existence of other-than-cattle classes on airlines.  Seriously, the kind of things that I'd pay thousands of pounds for are limited to
  • not having rusty pins jabbed into my eyeballs, and
  • not being kicked repeatedly in the twig and berries.
The list does not include
  • having a bit more legroom - it's still less comfortable than your own bed, and
  • drinks.

ian

« Reply #3195 on: 05 June, 2018, 10:19:53 am »
The irony is that airlines specifically make economy travel worse so the upgrade seems more justified (there's only so much they can do, waiting for a long time to be crammed in a tin can for an even longer time is never going to be fun). It also thrives on status, people want to be seen to travelling business or first (or those ludicrous designations – super diplomat envoy class and the like, not you're not).

Other than flights to Australasia, the far-east China and LATAM, the mothership insists on economy for this minion. The price difference for business is often 3 or 4x the economy fare, which is a lot for a small bed, silverware, and cabin crew that have have to learn your name (it's only time I get called doctor, and I never want to be a doctor on a plane). I don't mind, of course, as the mothership is paying. I'm stingy when I pay for myself (my wife is a bit more grouchy as she's tall – she's joining me in SE Asia later this year, I'm in business, she's premium economy, and I'm never going to hear the end of that).

That said, I won't say no if someone else is picking up the tab. The lounges are usually far nicer than being in general population.

(The one thing that does annoy me is fast-track security for business/first, I can let the rest go, but I'm pretty sure my taxes pay for border patrol, as do everyone else's.)

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3196 on: 06 June, 2018, 05:24:23 am »
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3197 on: 06 June, 2018, 08:16:59 am »
Nowt wrong with Kirsty's approach. Kids needs to know not all will be given to them on a plate.
Except that she's a no-talent assclown born into a life of privilege herself.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

benborp

• benbravoorpapa
« Reply #3198 on: 06 June, 2018, 05:38:47 pm »
How's this Nix fellow shaping up? I'm afraid I don't think I can cope with investigating whether he has forever tainted the word 'chapeau'.

Though, to be fair, 'chapeau' does have to be used sparingly, in a matter of fact manner without the merest hint of condescension if you are hoping to steer well clear of being considered twattish. I don't rate his chances.
A world of bedlam trapped inside a small cyclist.

« Reply #3199 on: 07 June, 2018, 01:36:08 pm »
Morrissy. Again.
<i>Marmite slave</i>