Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 880439 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3275 on: 16 July, 2018, 08:10:44 am »
Yup.  Knee-jerk response of the angry artist jerk.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3276 on: 16 July, 2018, 08:20:08 am »
From what I've seen, the diver wasn't exactly Mr Tactful to start with, but that in no way justifies what can only be described as an outburst by Elon Musk. I think that the submarine was PR lead, though it served as a proof of concept for further research.

As Dr Beardy (Mrs) put it this morning, I think that both men would have been better served if they'd kept their mouths shut.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3277 on: 17 July, 2018, 09:38:49 am »
The Daily Hiel Mail for perpetuating the myth that sharks are dangerous just of themselves.
Experts warn of fearsome Sharks heading to British waters.

Assuming1 of course it isn't actually an anti-imigration story in disguise.

1. What? You expect me to click a link to that rag and actually read the article?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3278 on: 17 July, 2018, 10:25:14 am »
It's the fearsome sharks dorks swimming towards N°10 you have to worry about.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3279 on: 17 July, 2018, 11:16:58 am »
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3280 on: 23 July, 2018, 01:47:43 pm »
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3281 on: 23 July, 2018, 08:00:10 pm »
Normal for Trowbridge.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3282 on: 07 August, 2018, 10:37:29 pm »
BJ for his current input of fuckwittery.

BJ once again displays what an utter shit he is.

Whilst he's holding out on the apology front the pressure is on. Even Maybot has said she wants him to apologise.

What's the betting the slimy bastard words an apology along the lines of "I'm sorry if anyone took offence at my jolly jape" ?

Just man the fuck up you bastard and apologise for what **YOU** said. Twat.
Rust never sleeps

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3283 on: 08 August, 2018, 08:02:09 am »
These people.

Beachgoers in Alabama who descended on the breeding ground of a threatened seabird species this summer scared adults away from their nests and used the eggs to decorate the sand, most likely killing hundreds of chicks, wildlife experts say.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3284 on: 08 August, 2018, 09:46:21 am »
Me. Because I'm trying to answer as many threads as possible before someone else posts. did I mention I was bored?  ;D

essexian

« Reply #3285 on: 10 August, 2018, 12:50:17 pm »
So, when faced with the information that the manufacturing sector was now in recession for the first time since the vote to leave the EU, the moron in charge of the economy is quoted as saying the following:

" Philip Hammond, the chancellor, said: “We are working hard to build a stronger, fairer economy – dealing with the deficit, helping people into work, and cutting taxes for individuals and businesses.”

Yeah that's right, a bland soundbite will do the plebs....

« Reply #3286 on: 11 August, 2018, 02:43:11 pm »
Elon Musk

Karma, thy name is the Securities & Exchange Commission?  :demon:

Tesla is likely to face investigation by US securities market regulators following the CEO Elon Musk’s extraordinary tweet that he had “funding secured” to take the company private, according to a media report.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/09/tesla-elon-musk-funding-secured-tweet?CMP=twt_gu

There's also a class action suit alleging market manipulation (h/t https://twitter.com/SpicyFiles/status/1028076794484858880):

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.330489/gov.uscourts.cand.330489.1.0.pdf
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #3287 on: 13 August, 2018, 10:44:55 pm »

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3288 on: 14 August, 2018, 08:20:52 am »

ian

« Reply #3289 on: 14 August, 2018, 09:11:04 am »
They also skip around the fact they're building houses in places that need to periodically burn (on a smaller scale). I suspect the householders wouldn't be so keen to see their house burn every several years.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3290 on: 14 August, 2018, 09:22:50 am »
The contributor who submitted this gem of dangerous advice:

Adjusting your cleat float can also help to solve achey knee issues.  Cleat float is simply your ability to move your feet from side to side while they’re clipped in. A lot of riders attach their cleats to their pedals so tightly to maximise power that they allow for very little movement of the foot, if any at all. In most cases, however,  this doesn’t allow your knee to track in its most natural line or your foot from being in its most natural position, meaning that you’re essentially forcing your body to move in unnatural ways. So try loosening your cleats off. The recommended range of float or rotation is between 5-13°.

:facepalm:
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #3291 on: 14 August, 2018, 02:37:47 pm »

Adjusting your cleat float can also help to solve achey knee issues.  Cleat float is simply your ability to move your feet from side to side while they’re clipped in. A lot of riders attach their cleats to their pedals so tightly to maximise power that they allow for very little movement of the foot, if any at all. In most cases, however,  this doesn’t allow your knee to track in its most natural line or your foot from being in its most natural position, meaning that you’re essentially forcing your body to move in unnatural ways. So try loosening your cleats off. The recommended range of float or rotation is between 5-13°.

What the actual ever-loving frak?  :o

Whoever they are, they have surely achieved twatscendence.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #3292 on: 14 August, 2018, 05:17:53 pm »

What the actual ever-loving frak?  :o

Whoever they are, they have surely achieved twatscendence.

Maybe they use speedplay cleats? Not sure if others have adjustable float, I know shimano make you change the cleat.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3293 on: 14 August, 2018, 05:41:01 pm »
Maybe they use speedplay cleats?

Nope. It's an example of the dangers of copying things you read on the internet when you don't understand them properly.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3294 on: 21 August, 2018, 12:35:57 pm »
My nomination, if only for the Shroedingers Cyclist, is Cllr Caroline Patmore of Hambleton District Council.

Just why is an exercise for the reader...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3295 on: 21 August, 2018, 06:53:51 pm »
My nomination, if only for the Shroedingers Cyclist, is Cllr Caroline Patmore of Hambleton District Council.

Seconded.

There aren't may creatures that are more venomous than Yorkshire Tories.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3296 on: 21 August, 2018, 07:03:22 pm »

Seconded.

There aren't may creatures that are more venomous than Yorkshire Tories.

well, doesn’t she wear her ignorance in full view.
People who seek power really should be the last to be given any power.

ian

« Reply #3297 on: 21 August, 2018, 07:24:53 pm »
Sadly, isn't that just how most people think. They're the most important thing in the universe and everyone else must get out of their way because they're very important people doing very important things. I mean, how dare they be delayed by other people using the roads they have paid for.

Same attitude in Surrey, people are 'trapped in their houses' by an annual cycling event that closes a few roads for a couple of hours. And they often can't go out because cyclists may hold them up, sometimes for up to an entire minute. It's so unfair.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3298 on: 21 August, 2018, 07:32:39 pm »
Same attitude in Surrey, people are 'trapped in their houses' by an annual cycling event that closes a few roads for a couple of hours. And they often can't go out because cyclists may hold them up, sometimes for up to an entire minute. It's so unfair.
We went up a closed road to the Col d'Ornon this morning. I made sure to offer a Bonjour! to all the people (presumably volunteers) sat at the entrances to all the adjoining roads blocking traffic  :thumbsup:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3299 on: 21 August, 2018, 10:10:29 pm »
I understand that the plastic surgery disaster on the increasingly desperate Big Brother has used the n-word rather a lot.  I wasn't offended as I would rather lick the shed clean than watch such crap, but he's a twat for not realising there would be A Lot of complaints.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.