Author Topic: Wahoo Elevation Page  (Read 3471 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Wahoo Elevation Page
« on: 07 May, 2018, 12:06:08 pm »

I'm trying to get my head round the elevation page on my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt. It gives you a nice sort of outline of the elevation profile of the road ahead, with a grid behind it. But I can't seem to find any info on the scale of the grid, meaning it doesn't really give much useful info on what's coming up, other than it's not flat... Am I missing something? What's the scale on this diagram?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Re: Wahoo Elevation Page
« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2018, 07:56:13 pm »
I think you can add data fields to the elevation page which will appear in boxes at the top. Adding an "actual height" field may help you establish where you are in relation to the summit.

Can't check this ATM cause mine is back with Wahoo for replacement under warranty.
The sound of one pannier flapping

Samuel D

« Reply #2 on: 09 May, 2018, 11:04:31 am »
Scales are so last century. Look at Google Maps or Apple Maps. Half the time you don’t have a scale in view. There are websites that use the Google Maps API and omit the possibility to ever see a scale!

Maps and graphs without scales are surely a sign of the end times.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #3 on: 11 May, 2018, 04:02:19 pm »
I've concluded that the hz scale is 500m between grids. No idea for the vertical scale yet which made for some interesting assumptions about severity of climb..
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

cameronp

• upside down
« Reply #4 on: 12 May, 2018, 02:54:40 am »
I've turned the elevation page off since without a scale - particularly a concern for the vertical axis which changes relative to what happens to be coming up in the ride - and without any way to zoom in and out, I found it less than useful.

Also, sometimes it's better to not know what you're about to come up against.

« Reply #5 on: 12 May, 2018, 05:26:06 am »
It's really useful on a competitive group ride if you want to pace your efforts