Author Topic: Cave rescue  (Read 4461 times)

Re: Cave rescue
« Reply #25 on: 17 July, 2018, 06:55:08 am »
Elon Musk has called the lead diver "pedo guy".  Elon Musk has lost the plot and appears to be turning into Howard Hughes.
Or Tony Stark

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #26 on: 17 July, 2018, 08:19:23 am »
Listening to R4 last night and they did a piece on Elon Musk's dummy spit. Allegedly he has a reputation for tantrums and has even walked out of a shareholder meeting when the discussions on the financial analysis was becoming over long and 'boring'; he was heard to say 'I'm not interested in this boring shit, I've got a company to run'. apparently the shareholders et al put up with his behaviour because of his disruptive innovations and their potential to make shed loads of money
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #27 on: 17 July, 2018, 09:43:57 am »
Elon Musk has called the lead diver "pedo guy".  Elon Musk has lost the plot and appears to be turning into Howard Hughes.

He has already been cited as an S-T for this bucket of arse-gravy.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #28 on: 17 July, 2018, 10:15:14 pm »
Some mention of rebreather and ropes in this article:
https://www.outsideonline.com/2327046/how-divers-found-thai-soccer-team

ian

« Reply #29 on: 19 July, 2018, 09:02:50 am »
Listening to R4 last night and they did a piece on Elon Musk's dummy spit. Allegedly he has a reputation for tantrums and has even walked out of a shareholder meeting when the discussions on the financial analysis was becoming over long and 'boring'; he was heard to say 'I'm not interested in this boring shit, I've got a company to run'. apparently the shareholders et al put up with his behaviour because of his disruptive innovations and their potential to make shed loads of money

The problem is that people like this get surrounded by people who say 'yes' (for obvious reasons). After a while, the concept of 'no' becomes a non-sequitur, and thus every idea and statement becomes brilliant by default. Even when they aren't.

Ben T

« Reply #30 on: 19 July, 2018, 09:08:12 am »
Just keep thinking about what hiding place you're going to choose for that kipper.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #33 on: 22 July, 2018, 06:38:49 pm »
I bailed on that after the first paragraph.

Too terrifying to read . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #34 on: 22 July, 2018, 07:08:17 pm »
Given that cave diving is primarily about breaking all the rules, that will make an interesting read.
Excuse me.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.