Author Topic: Venetian Nights 200km Sat 22nd September  (Read 1224 times)

JayP

• You must be joking
Venetian Nights 200km Sat 22nd September
« on: 17 September, 2018, 06:47:34 pm »

Tail End Charlie

Re: Venetian Nights 200km Sat 22nd September
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2018, 08:33:29 pm »
I was hoping to do this, but a little while ago my wife invited some friends round, despite me asking to keep the weekend free.
If anyone reading this is unsure, don't hesitate, JayP's rides are great and the spread he puts on is epic. (And did I read somewhere there could be beer?).
I might ride out to Bunbury early on, so I'll keep a look out.

« Reply #2 on: 23 September, 2018, 10:03:01 am »
A massive thanks to John (and all the other helpers) for running the Venetian Nights audax yesterday. A great route with a really challenging second half set amongst stunning scenery with great hospitality (the van of delights, twice). This is the last year John is organising the event, although it looks like a new organiser might be running it next year. John has ran it for the last 9 years, I rode it for the first time last year. The weather was better and I managed to get around before dark mainly due to riding the first 100km at about 29kmph (It soon slowed down after that!) Thanks once again John
https://creweandnantwichaudax.wordpress.com/ - See the Audax events I currently organise

www.milehousebarn.co.uk - Cycle Friendly B&B in Nantwich, Chehsire

« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2018, 03:55:12 pm »
Another great event from JP, sad that this was his last one. I'm sure we'll all miss the "van of delights", huge thanks to John's family and helpers for these superb rides over many years :thumbsup:

JayP

• You must be joking

« Reply #5 on: 20 October, 2018, 10:32:28 pm »
Great stuff, really good news, looking forward to it already :)
https://creweandnantwichaudax.wordpress.com/ - See the Audax events I currently organise

www.milehousebarn.co.uk - Cycle Friendly B&B in Nantwich, Chehsire