Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1737322 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #11500 on: 06 December, 2017, 01:51:14 pm »
Any room for 1 very late attendee?

Very kind of you to switch your points over to ACME, and then I'm sure OD can add you to the list for next week.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #11501 on: 06 December, 2017, 03:13:12 pm »
I have left a massage on the Eastern Views ansaphone requesting a table for 12 next Wednesday evening. I have asked them to confirm.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11502 on: 06 December, 2017, 05:24:23 pm »
I can confirm that I will not be out with you all this evening, hope for better luck next week.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11503 on: 06 December, 2017, 06:03:57 pm »
I have left a massage on the Eastern Views ansaphone requesting a table for 12 next Wednesday evening. I have asked them to confirm.

The Eastern View is very booked next Wednesday but we should be okay. However I need to know exact numbers so please can you confirm your attendance?  Rather than clog up this thread can you PM me or text / message me. Thanking you.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11504 on: 06 December, 2017, 07:30:12 pm »
My candidate for a route for tomorrow.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26576960
I'll be at spa roundabout

Sent using Tapatalk

Running late - I will try to intercept soemwhere
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11505 on: 07 December, 2017, 05:34:21 pm »

The Eastern View is very booked next Wednesday but we should be okay. However I need to know exact numbers so please can you confirm your attendance?  Rather than clog up this thread can you PM me or text / message me. Thanking you.

I've updated the forward planning calendar with this event (20:00 start) plus others up to Feb...
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11506 on: 11 December, 2017, 08:37:41 pm »
20:00 at the Eastern View, Coggeshall, with Gert Big Locks, xmas hats etc... 'zat a plan? - I need to plan Wednesdays logistics carefully.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11507 on: 11 December, 2017, 09:14:03 pm »
I think so just waiting for OD to confirm the booking I guess....

I can't decide if to fit the spiked tyres or not... Not as easy when the wheels are set for tubeless!
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11508 on: 11 December, 2017, 10:13:44 pm »
I think so just waiting for OD to confirm the booking I guess....

I can't decide if to fit the spiked tyres or not... Not as easy when the wheels are set for tubeless!
Forecast to be mild. I am 50/50 but hopeful of being there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11509 on: 11 December, 2017, 10:17:34 pm »
Yeah that's my reading of the forecast but it's still a couple of days away yet. Plenty of black ice out tonight...
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11510 on: 12 December, 2017, 06:09:04 am »
The booking is confirmed. But if this icy stuff is still about I won’t be riding, I’ll drive over and forgo beers but still enjoy the sprouts.

« Reply #11511 on: 12 December, 2017, 07:39:02 am »
If the weathering forcast is to be believed it will be warmer (not warm just warmer) and moist.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11512 on: 12 December, 2017, 11:23:41 am »
*** Be a Brewer for the Day update  :thumbsup: ***

The Oatmeal Stout that we brewed is ready for collection in minipins at the end of the week so I'll make a trip over to Southminster on Saturday to collect 5 minipins.  All of the brew has been sold to local publicans, Abby is to advise where they may turn up on tap, the Hurdlemakers is a distinct possibility.
Abby has offered that if anyone due to minipin but for unspeakable reason would prefer not to have our own brew for their Christmas cellar they can swap it for one of these other Wibblers brews:
IPA, Apprentice, Gold, Dengie Devil, Festive Star or Vanguard.
I must say I'm very tempted to buy a minipin of Vanguard as I quite enjoyed sampling that in the brew house.  If any additional orders or swaps are required then they need to know by Thursday to get them ready and bright for Saturday collection.
Anyone that didn't attend the excellent Brewery Experience but would like to buy a Wibblers minipin from the above selection can do so and I'll collect on Saturday, let them/me know by Thursday.
Once in my possession I can drop off or your box can be collected.  (Arrangement for psyclist TBA)

« Reply #11513 on: 12 December, 2017, 11:50:13 am »
Rode over to Marks Tey today....I really hope it does warm up! The B road was OK but there was a fair bit of ice along the side of it and as for Church Lane.....it was a very slow lowest gear ascent with the odd wheel spin to keep things interesting.

Seeing the sun out today I suspect things should improve, just hope the overnight temp doesn't dive as much again.....

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11514 on: 12 December, 2017, 12:47:13 pm »
It got down to below -4 last night here and it's still not above freezing... I hope it does improve for tomorrow, forecasts have been a bit optimistic for the last couple of days compared to reality !
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11515 on: 12 December, 2017, 12:57:38 pm »
Norwegians are currently saying a damp 5-7 degrees

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Chelmsford/
Regards,

Joergen

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11516 on: 12 December, 2017, 01:44:37 pm »
*** Be a Brewer for the Day update  :thumbsup: ***

The Oatmeal Stout that we brewed is ready for collection in minipins at the end of the week so I'll make a trip over to Southminster on Saturday to collect 5 minipins.  All of the brew has been sold to local publicans, Abby is to advise where they may turn up on tap, the Hurdlemakers is a distinct possibility.

:thumbsup:

The question is: is it any good?
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #11517 on: 12 December, 2017, 03:52:20 pm »
Once in my possession I can drop off or your box can be collected.  (Arrangement for psyclist TBA)

I'm sure that bit in brackets wasn't there earlier ... I was counting my lucky stars  :)

I've just determined the weight will be approx 10 kilos, so well within the limits of my bike trailer. However, I'm not sure it would be wise to transport the beer via the trailer, as it'll get a bit bashed around on the lanes.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11518 on: 12 December, 2017, 04:52:41 pm »

I'm sure that bit in brackets wasn't there earlier ... I was counting my lucky stars  :)

I've just determined the weight will be approx 10 kilos, so well within the limits of my bike trailer. However, I'm not sure it would be wise to transport the beer via the trailer, as it'll get a bit bashed around on the lanes.

Wrap it up in a sleeping bag / duvet ?  It will need to settle any how when you get home?
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11519 on: 12 December, 2017, 08:11:58 pm »
Assuming the weather has improved and the ice has cleared is it 1900 at the spa roundabout?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11520 on: 12 December, 2017, 09:43:35 pm »
My plans have changed slightly and I will be back later than expected from London.  And I hate the prospect of cycling on ice having badly hurt myself some years ago.  I don't mind missing out on beers but don't want to miss curried sprouts so I'm going to drive to Coggeshall.  Would anyone like a lift?  I can taken 4 of you.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11521 on: 12 December, 2017, 11:27:19 pm »
Would anyone like a lift?  I can taken 4 of you.
:thumbsup:

« Reply #11522 on: 13 December, 2017, 06:31:25 am »
Is anyone going to be awheel from Witham? If not can I get a lift please

« Reply #11523 on: 13 December, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »
Hi Each,

I'm going to be a no show tonight as my lurgie is getting the better of me.  Apparently cycling in -4C all day DOES make a cold worse :facepalm:

Have a good one

Jan
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11524 on: 13 December, 2017, 02:47:17 pm »
I could always come and pick you up.  I still have 2 spare seats in the car.