Author Topic: Darwin Awards  (Read 13011 times)

Re: Darwin Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2018, 09:02:13 pm »
Imagine how much more fun it'd be if the same government followed a policy that leads to a large number of foreign-born health service professionals leaving the country, whilst at the same time forging no plans to train or recruit replacements. Of course, no government would be that stupid. I mean, if they were, the opposition would make a meal of it, wouldn't they? Oh wait. Possibly there's a super new technological solution. I dunno, maybe automated butt drones or something. Yeah, something like that.
Jeremy RhymingSlang has been making the correct noises over plans to recruit and train more home grown health professionals. However, as with most of his plans, they have no real connection to what we call reality and as any healthcare trainer or educator will tell you there are nowhere near enough places to train the numbers he is talking about. Added to this is the lead times involved in recruiting and training said health professionals and a big gap is bound to appear. Oh, and most branches of health professional training has seen recruitment numbers fall as young people see the truth of the shit storm they’ll inherent in taking on a career of caring. No doubt the ‘answer, that RhymingSlang will come up with is to privatise the NHS. That at least should see the demand fall to the levels that supply can meet.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2018, 10:18:58 am »
That's a very spiteful comment, and in bad taste.

Still, I guess anything goes if it supports your political views.

It wasn't a spiteful comment. It was simply stating a fact.
You knew exactly what you were doing.

If you want to further deny this and/or continue this (rather unpleasant) discussion, I suggest taking it to POBI.

You are right in one sense. I did know exactly what I was doing and it is not as you suggest. So please shut up.
Basses lower the tone.

mattc

• "Hannibal"
  • n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2018, 12:22:59 pm »
If you say that you did not have any spiteful intent when commenting on a Tory Health Secretary, then I shall have to take you at your word Sir.

However, I can see no justification for posting your opinions in this thread, as opposed to POBI where they belong (as you well know, being a prolific poster there.)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2018, 11:54:28 am »
Man dies after attempting selfie with BEAR.
Silly selfies kill many in India annually.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/man-bear-selfie-video-mauled-death-selfies-india-odisha-asia-a8335806.html

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2018, 12:14:57 pm »
I remember an off-duty Mountie shaking his head in disbelief at the parents who insist on photographing their kiddiewinks alongside unpredictable and/or DETHy wild animals for e.g. BEARs, bison, møøse etc.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2018, 03:24:28 pm »
A møøse once bit my sister . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2018, 03:39:48 pm »
According to the credits, Ølaf Prøt trained the møøse in one of the Monty Python films, the title of which escapes me at present.

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2018, 10:20:30 am »
According to the credits, Ølaf Prøt trained the møøse in one of the Monty Python films, the title of which escapes me at present.
was it the Life of Moose?
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2018, 01:54:17 pm »