Author Topic: [HAMR] Another go .. TG??  (Read 175278 times)

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
Re: Another go .. TG??
« Reply #50 on: 04 September, 2016, 12:30:37 pm »
Allez Steve

« Reply #51 on: 04 September, 2016, 12:59:29 pm »
Go smash it steve. :thumbsup:

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #52 on: 04 September, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »
Yeah, but he still managed 226 miles in windy conditions and is 61 miles ahead of schedule on his second day (target is 7000 miles in 30 days = 233 mpd).

Go Steve!

Ah.  Thanks.  This explains much to me.  Being a bit simple, I couldn't understand why he'd not ridden on the first day of the month.

I'm still finding the tracker mentioned up thread next to useless.  Am I using it wrong?  Where is the information on daily distance and total so far?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #53 on: 04 September, 2016, 01:41:01 pm »
I think you may need to follow him on Strava for a daily distance. The spot tracker appears to be just that, though I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #54 on: 04 September, 2016, 08:30:45 pm »
I'm still finding the tracker mentioned up thread next to useless.  Am I using it wrong?  Where is the information on daily distance and total so far?
It's not you and this clearly would be why Ivan went to the trouble he did back at the start of 2015, the Spot is pretty meaningless on it's own.  It was Ivan's tracker that calculated distance so far as the day progressed:
http://audaxclubhackney.co.uk/tg.html
 :'(
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

red marley

« Reply #55 on: 05 September, 2016, 07:16:53 am »
A good day from Steve yesterday with 254 miles (409km) covered on his East Anglian loop. This puts him  82 miles ahead of target.

« Reply #56 on: 06 September, 2016, 12:10:20 pm »
Anyone know Steve's distance for yesterday?

« Reply #57 on: 06 September, 2016, 12:13:46 pm »
Strava shows 382.2km

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #58 on: 06 September, 2016, 12:21:17 pm »
I've just added up his 4 days so far: 1640.4km. That's 1025 miles, so currently looking at 28 days for 7000 miles, if he can keep that up.

Good luck Steve!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #59 on: 06 September, 2016, 12:23:20 pm »
Allez!
Getting there...

« Reply #60 on: 06 September, 2016, 04:09:05 pm »
It's not you and this clearly would be why Ivan went to the trouble he did back at the start of 2015, the Spot is pretty meaningless on it's own.  It was Ivan's tracker that calculated distance so far as the day progressed:
http://audaxclubhackney.co.uk/tg.html
 :'(

Sorry, I broke that when I moved to a new server, but as it took TG's feed from Trackleaders, not his direct spot feed, it wouldn't be any use now. Let me see if I can cook something up though.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

red marley

« Reply #61 on: 07 September, 2016, 10:15:21 am »
Another 244 miles from Steve yesterday taking him 97 miles ahead of his target.

Recognising that going for an official 30 day record with the required advanced notification is different to choosing one's 'best 30 days', it is instructive to look at how the riders' monthly distances have stacked up.

Below is the rolling 30 day total for Steve and Kurt in 2015, for Tommy and so far for Amanda. If Steve hits his target of 7000 miles he will be clearly riding further than he was during 2015 which is good news for any future attempt at the OYTT. It will be interesting to see how Amanda responds (if at all) in that she has been riding pretty close to 7000 miles anyway and could conceivably top that distance should she wish.

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #62 on: 07 September, 2016, 03:37:35 pm »
Jo another terrific graphic.

My jaw drops when I look at what Tommy did.  And I'd like to withdraw my previous comment about world records.  The monthly mileage record is owned by TG.

red marley

« Reply #63 on: 07 September, 2016, 04:00:24 pm »
A video update from Steve which explains how he's doing and his plans for a possible future record attempt

http://www.facebook.com/stevenabraham2015/videos/1753280811587214

(while it sits on Facebook, you don't need an account to view it).

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #64 on: 07 September, 2016, 04:38:55 pm »
A video update from Steve which explains how he's doing and his plans for a possible future record attempt

http://www.facebook.com/stevenabraham2015/videos/1753280811587214

(while it sits on Facebook, you don't need an account to view it).

"It's a really good book because I'm in it".  This made Oi larf.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #65 on: 07 September, 2016, 10:31:21 pm »
Let me see if I can cook something up though.
I seem to have made spaghetti: http://frrt.org/hmmr1/ - this is his entire track since the start of the month and looks like I need to separate the days out somehow.

Sorry about the rubbish background map as well, it's my first test of rendering my own.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #66 on: 07 September, 2016, 10:34:43 pm »
 :thumbsup:
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #67 on: 07 September, 2016, 10:57:23 pm »
Excellent. He rode past the house I grew up in  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #68 on: 07 September, 2016, 11:10:44 pm »
Wonder what diet Steve is on now...

Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #69 on: 08 September, 2016, 09:17:51 am »
Wonder what diet Steve is on now...

Would be great to know this (I haven't watched the video yet so if its in there - sorry)

I am 2 weeks into a Keto diet (mainly to support my partner who has been advised to drastically cut her sugar and carb intake on medical advice).   I remember Steve talking about a struggle to adapt to a high fat diet on the year attempt.   I am hoping he did eventually adjust with the current performance being the result.   If it was not successful I be interested to know if he has changed diet drastically or if he is using some kind of carb cycling to fuel and recover from rides. 

I saw mention the other day of him shunning his eggs in favour of his favourite chicken dinner ....that sounds like the diet has been continued and that it has been successful?

« Reply #70 on: 08 September, 2016, 09:59:31 am »
while not pointing at anything to do with his diet, heres a few food pics from his strava in recent days

« Reply #71 on: 08 September, 2016, 10:15:29 am »
Thanks for that - I would say those photos very much suggest he is on some kind of Keto, High fat, low carb diet with slightly higher carbs than a normal keto diet would have (milk and oat cakes) added for cycling.... if so that is encouraging for me as it is very much what I am trying out.

« Reply #72 on: 09 September, 2016, 12:19:14 pm »
Another 240 miler from Steve yesterday, with 1700m of climbing. Amanda did almost exactly the same distance - with a recorded 86m of climbing  :o  That indicates the level of TG's challenge, and that's riding in the flatlands.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #73 on: 11 September, 2016, 05:03:37 pm »
Apologies if I've been woefully slack in keeping up with all this, but:

Is Steve's "Month record attempt" officially lodged with any validating authority? And has Amanda done the same? (given that she appears to be outdoing him in September, based on jo's main stats thread)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #74 on: 11 September, 2016, 05:40:36 pm »
Steve's month record attempt is UMCA registered. I don't think Amanda is officially registered for a month record attempt at the moment.