Author Topic: SRTY award  (Read 2113 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: SRTY award
« Reply #25 on: 05 January, 2015, 05:48:34 pm »
<sigh>
I suppose I should know how these things turn out by now ...

Rabbit,
Could you be a dear and let me know of any posts that are actually about MY idea?
Thanks!

Matty
p.s. not the 1200k thing.

pp.s. Jaded,  you evil evil man ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #26 on: 05 January, 2015, 05:57:26 pm »
Out where I live...have developed a personal SRTY  :thumbsup:

it`s known as AAARTY because it`s hard not to go up hills around Welsh borders / Cambrian territory, so in winter I can do 50kms with 750m ascent  ;D to qualify and in summer do longer  ;D.

Even a 35 km shopping pootle had 500m climb on it today and could easily have been upped to magic 50 / 750 territory for 0.75 points in January ;)
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #27 on: 05 January, 2015, 05:59:50 pm »
- One part of my OP was completely unserious. Guess which bit LWAB and JS bit on?!?

No? Really?

- I am completely serious about the SRTY. But at the same time, I know its pretty esoteric, so is unlikely to get much interest outside of my tiny soft mind.
In this spirit, then:
- Do an Audax every month;
- Dec-Feb rides must be 100km+;
- June-Aug must be 300+;
- 200km+ for the rest.

How about simplifying slightly so that it's:
- an audax every month
- 100k+ Dec-Feb
- BR/BRM all other months
- at least 3 300k+ (ie these can be ridden in any month, to ease the burden on those with families or who like summer holidays)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #28 on: 05 January, 2015, 06:04:42 pm »
Yup,  like that. Especially as there are currently a glut of 300s in Spring (PBP legacy effect).

(It was always going to be far too bloody complicated to explain - compared to RRTY - so no loss there ....   )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #29 on: 05 January, 2015, 09:38:18 pm »
<sigh>
I suppose I should know how these things turn out by now ...

Rabbit,
Could you be a dear and let me know of any posts that are actually about MY idea?
Thanks!

Matty
p.s. not the 1200k thing.

pp.s. Jaded,  you evil evil man ...

I would but if you don't know which posts are about your idea how am I supposed to - I personally have no idea what's going on now as all I can think about is rabbitbadges.  HTH
Does not play well with others

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #30 on: 05 January, 2015, 10:00:45 pm »
So how would a HRTY differ from the MCMC (Metric Century a Month Challenge) which flourished here for a couple of years and then died last year, when the last entry was mine - in January? (No, I did not kill it!)

Correction: It did not die! It seemed to have died, but I guess people were simply delaying entering their rides, for whatever reason. But because it seemed to have died, I stopped putting mine in, and so didn't see that people had started again.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.