General Category > Freewheeling

Do I...Don't I ?

(1/6) > >>

Blodwyn Pig:
I keep looking in the shed, and picking up BLODWYN.............and thinking Do I,...Don't I.   For those that don't know, Blodwyn was a rather lovely Bob Jackson world tour,  in Amber flam,  tastsy bits ish, that I built up from a new frame, in a 'Voyage of discovery' kind of way,  sourcing each component, reusing other bits ,  etc, t'was luvverly and a joy to ride.. hang on, I'll find a picture................

100_1788_zpsdbfb6fc0 by mark tilley, on Flickr

There we are. 

Alas 2 years ago almost,  when Blodwyn was only 2 years old, i was hit on a roundabout by a van, and Blodwyn came unstuck. Insurance paid out rather well, so I now have Olive, but Its not the same. Blodders will need new top tube, rear re- setting,  and new BB shell , plus respray. It's prob better to forget , but I do miss it, compliments every where I went, from cyclist and non cyclists.  I was a part of me, and I can't explain it. The ridgeback disc tourer is probably  a more capable bike, and it does everything I want, but I feel guilty abandoning Blodwyn.  but I miss it! There I've said it, I'm sad..

Question is.......should I spend ....prob £300 getting it sorted or just let it be.  Its not the money that's the prob,  its common sense....but....

what would YOU do.?

Peter:
I'm afraid I'd probably get it done.  And I'd change the colour of the mudflaps while I was at it!

Torslanda:
A Bob Jackson doesn't deserve an ignominious end.

JFDI

zigzag:
i would not renovate it, but you should - i can feel the bike means something to you.

Jurek:
Sort it out, Mark.
It's a niggle which will not go away.
And the BJ was a lovely bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version