Author Topic: Travelling with bike on train  (Read 1004 times)

Travelling with bike on train
« on: 14 May, 2018, 06:12:29 pm »
I have been to Liverpool Street station with 2 bikes and a trailer and have experienced the tiny lift. Is there a way out of the station without having to use this lift. I have seen Boots and a ramp but do not know where this ramp goes. Can anyone help?

Re: Travelling with bike on train
« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2018, 06:26:15 pm »
It comes out on the corner of Eldon St and Blomfield St (assuming you mean straight on keeping the Boots on your right, I don't know where the tunnel to the right of Boots goes, from the map it looks like it comes out on Sun St Passage although I don't know whether that is step free and bike friendly).

If you look on Google Maps it's listed as

"
4 Way out
Broadgate
"

Although it's been a while since I've been there and the Crossrail works may have messed all of this up...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2018, 06:41:07 pm »
You can also use the vehicle exit beside platform 10. It's pretty steep but if I can cycle it most people will be able to.

The last time I tried exiting by the Bloody Iron Monolith onto Blomfield Street the ramp had been blocked by something to do with Crossrail and I had to use the steps.

https://goo.gl/maps/muc3d8KJrNG2

I think that's it.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2018, 09:12:22 pm »
You can also use the vehicle exit beside platform 10. It's pretty steep but if I can cycle it most people will be able to.

The last time I tried exiting by the Bloody Iron Monolith onto Blomfield Street the ramp had been blocked by something to do with Crossrail and I had to use the steps.

You're not the only one
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.