Author Topic: Hadleigh Castle  (Read 1173 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Hadleigh Castle
« on: 28 April, 2008, 01:14:49 pm »
My pal Mel and I had an absolutely gorgeous walk this morning along the sea wall between Leigh-on-Sea and Benfleet. We did the shorter option, about 5 miles.

There were plenty of other dog walkers out as the conditions were perfect: beautifully sunny, a light breeze and plenty of yellow flowering plants to upset the respiratory systems of the susceptible. We heard the resident cuckoo doing his stuff across the creek on Two Tree Island.

The requisite visit to the Sally Army restaurant at the top of the hill (I even broke into a sweat climbing the steepish 200' or so to the top) saw some extensive building works going on. A pot of tea and fruitcake for two later, unmarred by the fact that the dog had mysteriously acquired a liberal coating of fresh cow shit, and we were on our way back towards Leigh, down one of the most gentle ridge walks in the world but nonetheless the scene of Mel's leg-break in January last year, and then back to the cars.

Every time the weather is like this, we congratulate ourselves for not having to go to work on a beautiful Monday morning.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Hadleigh Castle
« Reply #1 on: 28 April, 2008, 02:20:57 pm »
You're a jammy bugger!   ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Re: Hadleigh Castle
« Reply #2 on: 28 April, 2008, 02:23:42 pm »
Having briefly seen your local sights on the FNRttC, you are indeed a lucky chap.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein