Author Topic: "Cycling to work" magazine  (Read 1978 times)

"Cycling to work" magazine
« on: 10 August, 2009, 09:53:06 am »
I saw a magazine in the supermarket the other day. It was "from the publishers of Cycling Plus" (presumably Future, though I can't see it on their website), and had a title along the lines of "Cycling to work".

A quick flick through seemed reasonable - it looked like a bit of a rehash of old articles, but all aimed at newbie cycle commuters - it had "what bike?" articles, and a "long commutes" feature, and a bit on the legality of cycling home after a few pints, and general information about lights and locks and road positioning, etc.

Has anyone else seen this mag? I was wondering about getting a copy for the office and leaving it near the travel information notice board, and would appreciate opinions. Is it a one-off, or a regular publication?
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Re: "Cycling to work" magazine
« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2009, 10:05:58 am »
This what you're thinking of?

Bent Mikey is famous...
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2009, 10:37:08 am »
No, this:
New Commuting Guide From Cycling Plus - BikeRadar
Seen it in WH Smith- didn't look too bad, some new stuff among the rehash (folding bike test which I haven't seen in C+).

« Reply #4 on: 10 August, 2009, 11:26:48 am »
No, this:
New Commuting Guide From Cycling Plus - BikeRadar
Seen it in WH Smith- didn't look too bad, some new stuff among the rehash (folding bike test which I haven't seen in C+).

This what you're thinking of?

Bent Mikey is famous...

That's the one! :)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

ed_o_brain

« Reply #5 on: 13 August, 2009, 10:19:11 am »
Glad I bought it, just for the feature on cycling with kids.

Si

« Reply #6 on: 17 August, 2009, 11:26:32 am »
I bought it 'cos I fancied reading the sub £100 bike article.  For anyone who's new to riding to work then I think it's not a bad mag at all, although long time readers of C+ or, indeed, forums such as this, will have seen most of the info before.

Although my one criticism was when I turned to the page with the photo of the bloke wearing the suit on his bike.  I thought, "ah yes, at last they are acknowledging that on many shorter commutes it is possible to wear normal work clothes", but no, they were using the photo to take the pee.  I've nothing against people that wear lycra and race kit, use it myself in the winter sometimes, but from many of the mags I've read lately you do get the impression that you have to have special clothes or cycling  :(