Author Topic: chairs  (Read 1680 times)

Clare

• Is in NZ
chairs
« on: 19 November, 2018, 07:03:29 pm »
Can anybody tell me what this type of chair is called? It is a simple metal frame, leatherette seat and backrest but the backrest can be flipped over so it faces the wrong way.

I have been trying to find out if they are worth selling but don't know what to search the webby stuff for.

Thanks.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: chairs
« Reply #1 on: 20 November, 2018, 07:29:51 am »
I don't think that the flip over backrest is a feature as such - it's just the way it's made so the backrest swivels slightly to match the sitter's posture.

... and it's probably just a chair - certainly not any of the "classic chairs" that have names

Rob

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2 on: 20 November, 2018, 09:17:15 am »
It's very like a visitor's chair in a low-level manager's office. As you move up the totem pole you get fabric covers, then chairs with :o arms.

It looks as if flipping the back-rest would allow stacking, so maybe a so-called conference chair would cover it.

Anyway, try "office guest" or "office visitor".
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #3 on: 21 November, 2018, 06:59:49 pm »
oddly enough I looked for 'visitor chair' on google images a couple of days ago when this query was first placed.  I didn't find anything that looked exactly the same, so it is perhaps an unusual design.    As for value it is all dependant on the make of the chair. Some chairs are worth proper money, (because of the manufacturer or designer), whereas  others (that don't look much different to me) are not worth anything.

cheers

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4 on: 21 November, 2018, 07:25:06 pm »
Perhaps it's an unusual design, but I know I've seen (and sat on) chairs with the same flip-over back. But I don't know what to call them, sorry.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #5 on: 07 December, 2018, 08:44:44 pm »
Well, the charity shop didn't want them so they have (finally) gone to the tip.

Thanks for the input all.

Ben T

« Reply #6 on: 07 December, 2018, 09:52:30 pm »
I think it's just called "basic chair".  ;D

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #7 on: 09 December, 2018, 08:54:21 am »
It's a Bauhaus design classic by Walter Gropius, worth a small fortune if you have a set of 4.

(click to show/hide)

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #8 on: 09 December, 2018, 09:57:49 am »
Good job we only had three.

;D