Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751241 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #18225 on: 18 August, 2022, 09:14:15 am »
... Didn't see any morris dancers though!

Ah, that's because you haven't fully opened your mind, don't worry it will come.  Once you've been initiated (we'll do a join ceremony with JellyLegs) and spent a few more Wednesday evenings with us, you'll enter a mental state which allows you see to Morris dancers everywhere!

« Reply #18226 on: 18 August, 2022, 10:06:18 am »

Ah, that's because you haven't fully opened your mind, don't worry it will come.  Once you've been initiated (we'll do a join ceremony with JellyLegs) and spent a few more Wednesday evenings with us, you'll enter a mental state which allows you see to Morris dancers everywhere!

You'll enjoy the initiation ceremony  ;D ;D ;D
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18227 on: 18 August, 2022, 12:35:08 pm »

Hopefully the Police won't be involved this time  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18228 on: 18 August, 2022, 12:52:19 pm »

That was deeply regrettable  :(   I hope Owen's foreskin has grown back by now  :thumbsup:

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #18229 on: 18 August, 2022, 01:33:58 pm »

That was deeply regrettable  :(   I hope Owen's foreskin has grown back by now  :thumbsup:

Can we try a different seasoning with the next one, I’m not sure the Cajun rub went that well, though it was a little fresh.
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18230 on: 18 August, 2022, 01:35:28 pm »

Can we try a different seasoning with the next one, I’m not sure the Cajun rub went that well, though it was a little fresh.

Noted.  But it did make his eyes water  ;D

« Reply #18231 on: 18 August, 2022, 02:10:05 pm »
..you'll enter a mental state which allows you see to Morris dancers everywhere!

Isn’t that just a visit to every Essex Audaxers favourite location - Thaxted?

« Reply #18232 on: 22 August, 2022, 10:31:54 am »
Conditions are looking good for this Wednesday, so a venue with an option for outdoor seating would be good ... with a further option to retire inside, as needed.

How about The Rose and Crown, Great Waltham? Seems to tick most boxes, is central, and not too far for those LEL legends whose bodies have yet to return to their normal state.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18233 on: 22 August, 2022, 10:39:42 am »
Conditions are looking good for this Wednesday, so a venue with an option for outdoor seating would be good ... with a further option to retire inside, as needed.

How about The Rose and Crown, Great Waltham? Seems to tick most boxes, is central, and not too far for those LEL legends whose bodies have yet to return to their normal state.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #18234 on: 22 August, 2022, 11:51:31 am »
Apparently, I probably had Covid after the LEL ride, the main symptom now is extreme fatigue, and sleeping 12+ hours a day and having to "paperboy" a wheelbarrow of horse poo up the field was a giveaway!

I think I'm recovered now so hopefully will join you all, but have this dire warning on visiting the Rose & Crown web site!

"JAZZ NIGHT - 4th WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH - FROM 7.30pm"

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18235 on: 22 August, 2022, 12:22:31 pm »
Apparently, I probably had Covid after the LEL ride, the main symptom now is extreme fatigue, and sleeping 12+ hours a day and having to "paperboy" a wheelbarrow of horse poo up the field was a giveaway!

I think I'm recovered now so hopefully will join you all, but have this dire warning on visiting the Rose & Crown web site!

"JAZZ NIGHT - 4th WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH - FROM 7.30pm"

Get well soon GS  :-*

Jazz night  :o  I wonder who the band is?  The Conversation Killers from the Chignalls pub which shut down and now I can't remember the name?

« Reply #18236 on: 22 August, 2022, 01:07:33 pm »
Or we could do the Walnut Tree just around the corner from there.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18237 on: 22 August, 2022, 01:13:07 pm »

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #18238 on: 22 August, 2022, 02:48:55 pm »
The correct order of events is in fact The Walnut Tree, some pints and meeting new life long friends, on to the Rose & Crown, be dragged away before bodies become semi naked.
Then everything is downhill…..
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18239 on: 22 August, 2022, 08:04:18 pm »

Ditto:  :thumbsup:

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #18240 on: 22 August, 2022, 08:08:29 pm »
The correct order of events is in fact The Walnut Tree, some pints and meeting new life long friends, on to the Rose & Crown, be dragged away before bodies become semi naked.

You mean OD will show us his tattoo again?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18241 on: 23 August, 2022, 06:58:18 am »

You mean OD will show us his tattoo again?

That would be childish.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18242 on: 23 August, 2022, 09:56:18 am »
Assuming we are going to the Walnut Tree, or indeed the Rose & Crown, Great Waltham, I have fettled THIS SUGGESTED ROUTE for the Witham Peloton.  I've ridden it before and really like to bit through Chelmsford and up to Broomfield.

« Reply #18243 on: 23 August, 2022, 10:04:51 am »
I've just sorted a mostly off-road route to the Walnut Tree. Off-road back too, which should be fun.

« Reply #18244 on: 23 August, 2022, 01:13:41 pm »
Sadly, given Westerly location, I am not out this week! Hope no-one falls over off-road.

« Reply #18245 on: 23 August, 2022, 10:44:14 pm »
Not out this week as in Cumbria. Have a great night!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18246 on: 24 August, 2022, 06:51:51 am »
Sadly, given Westerly location, I am not out this week! Hope no-one falls over off-road.

Huh?  Surely for you West is Best?

« Reply #18247 on: 24 August, 2022, 07:07:54 am »

The other way of reading that is that Toby's Dad is not out this week, which makes him sad because it is a Western location.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18248 on: 24 August, 2022, 07:14:52 am »

The other way of reading that is that Toby's Dad is not out this week, which makes him sad because it is a Western location.

Ah yes, good point, sad indeed  :'(

« Reply #18249 on: 24 August, 2022, 08:08:38 am »
Sadly, I won’t be out to play this week.