Author Topic: mix & match  (Read 1061 times)

mix & match
« on: 23 February, 2012, 02:12:16 pm »
I can't remember if its ok to take cocodamol and ibuprofen together, I'm sure it is I would just like an second opinion  :P

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: mix & match
« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2012, 02:23:48 pm »
Yes, though the digestive side effects tend to happen in series, rather than cancelling out.

Indeed, you can combine Nurofen Plus (ibuprofen+codeine) and co-codamol (paracetamol+codeine) for the maximum OTC codeine dose.  DAHIKT.

The important thing is not to overdose on paracetamol.  Beware of Lemsip!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 23 February, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »
Should be OK. That's a lot of painkiller though; is the cause being treated?

Co-codamol = Codeine + paracetamol.
Ibuprofen is something different.

Don't take any other paracetamol-containing medicine with co-codamol.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #3 on: 23 February, 2012, 03:00:57 pm »
when i broke my elbow four months ago i took codeine but after one week stopped taking it as the side effects (gut problems) were even more painful than the pain it had to supress..

be careful to not overdose

« Reply #4 on: 23 February, 2012, 04:16:51 pm »
Hi thanks for that, the injury is a prolapsed disc + 2 bulging, I did it a while ago and should have had it operated on, but I did something and presumably the squishy bit moved off of the sciatic nerve, but every now and then I get a little reminder and so take some pain killers for a day or two  and that seems to take care of things. As you can tell from the op it's been a while since I've needed to take anything and I've just been doing some heavy work yesterday & today.