Author Topic: Greens Powders  (Read 929 times)

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
Greens Powders
« on: 24 February, 2012, 10:45:04 am »
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and although I manage most of time and manage quite a stressful job that includes lots of travelling, there are times when I feel as if I've had my battery removed.  This week has been a bad one, so I have cancelled appointments in Paris and rearranged them for next week.  My doctor is open minded and mentioned that one of his other patients with CFS is using greens powder and thinks it's helping - he can't recommend it, but said it won't harm me to give it a go. 

Has anyone heard of greens powders, tried them, know anyone who has had success with them?

Re: Greens Powders
« Reply #1 on: 24 February, 2012, 11:09:59 am »
I have a Chronic Fatigue condition that in my case is related to a chronic lack of vitamin D...so not necessarily the same, but certainly debilitating enough (and oddly common, a good friend of mine has the same issue, though for a known reason-her coeliac disease)!

I tried greens, and it's a) disgusting and b) didn't do much for me personally.  I do have friends who swear by it though.  I have found that a Berocca Boost in the morning (plus my 4000 IU of Vitamin D) helps me much more.  The multivitamin helps me stay healthy and the guarana is a precursor to caffeine...unfortunately it contains aspartame, which I normally try to avoid, but I figure that small dose won't be too big an issue.

I've also tried aloe vera because that's supposed to be good for energy and immune systems and things.  I'm not sure whether it made a difference or not, tbh.  I felt better, but am unsure whether it was a placebo effect or actually feeling better.  It tasted too disgusting to warrant continuing though...I found myself "forgetting" to take it and in the end gave up.

The biggest thing I've found that helps is to get enough sleep, eat reasonably healthily and not do too many active things in the same day.  Tomorrow is going to be a big day for me as I'm doing the cycle ride and an event in the evening, so Sunday is likely to be completely useless.  Sounds like you've got it reasonably well under control though, so I'm probably just repeating stuff you already know  ;)

It's really frustrating at times, because there are things I want to do and just can't.  But it's getting better...

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
Re: Greens Powders
« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2012, 11:36:47 am »
Thanks Why1040.  Some of the stuff I'm doing but thanks for the advice on Greens and Aloe Vera; I was thinking of trying AV too, but will give it a miss now. I will definitely try the multivitamin and the boost. I knowam low in vit B and have been taking that, I also take perscription iron for anaemia.

Thanks again.

Lou