Author Topic: 3rd party batteries  (Read 2732 times)

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
3rd party batteries
« on: 09 September, 2019, 04:48:19 pm »
I've bought a couple of Ex-Pro batteries in the past but doing a search this morning revealed some truly appalling reviews for the company so I'm a bit reluctant to return.

Anyone know a good source for good quality 3rd party batteries for Canon cameras?
Pen Pusher

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
Re: 3rd party batteries
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2019, 10:32:24 pm »
I've got a couple of EXpro which have been fine.

I think with any 3rd party battery you're going to get a % of very bad reviews. Generally pretty horrible tech, and they're all from China.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2019, 11:28:48 pm »
My batteries have been fine too. My concern is that there are some recent reviews that indicate Ex-Pro doesn't give a stuff about its customers so if there's a problem then tough shit.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2019, 08:26:11 am »
I've bought a couple of duracell batteries for my canon which have been v. good.  Others have been hit and miss.

« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2019, 10:08:56 am »
I've used ExPro batteries for years and been very happy with the quality and longevity. The one occasion I had to deal with customer services  (about a year ago, the website filters gave me the wrong product) they were as helpful as could be. I'd say the values of reviews these days is dubious at best, both positive and negative. Given the alternative for compatible batteries (eBay/Amazon roulette) I'd stick with ExPro.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2019, 10:15:21 am »
I bit the bullet and ordered one yesterday from ExPro. As I wrote above, I've been happy with those that I've bought in the past; I just got a bit of cold feet based on a few bad reviews.

I've bought a couple of duracell batteries for my canon which have been v. good.  Others have been hit and miss.

I've just looked those up, thanks  :thumbsup:. If it all goes tits up I'll get one of those instead.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #6 on: 11 September, 2019, 11:56:36 am »
One thing worth noting is that you can get 3rd party chargers that charge camera batteries off USB, so worth investing in if you want to cut down on the number of chargers you take with you when going away.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2019, 12:03:54 pm »
Follow-up. The latest Ex-Pro battery I got seems perfectly fine (it's in my son's Canon 7DII).

Unfortunately they no longer do batteries for the Lumix G series so off to Duracell I go (thanks Mike  :thumbsup:).
Pen Pusher