Author Topic: Battle mountain, do they use tubeless?  (Read 1499 times)

Battle mountain, do they use tubeless?
« on: 20 March, 2018, 11:22:57 am »
Recent blog post by jan h of bq suggesting that tubeless is no good for rr or weight.  I am not convinced and I seem to recall that mike b talked about the potential benefits of tubeless 20” tyres, so he must think there is an advantage for speed.  Which is why I wondered whether tubeless is used at battle mountain, if so you would assume their rr advantage would be very well tested.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Battle mountain, do they use tubeless?
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2018, 12:44:42 pm »
I know the Italians used tubeless last year coz I spent an idle Sunday morning watching team capo Paolo Baldissera trying to persuade a recently-unfolded 406 Schwalbe One, rim and sealant to stay where they would be most effective.  Not sure about the others.  I can ask on Farcebok.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2 on: 03 April, 2018, 07:24:10 pm »
If you want empirical measurements of RR, just spend an hour or two perusing
https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2018, 09:06:38 pm »
Recent blog post by jan h of bq suggesting that tubeless is no good for rr or weight.  I am not convinced and I seem to recall that mike b talked about the potential benefits of tubeless 20” tyres, so he must think there is an advantage for speed.  Which is why I wondered whether tubeless is used at battle mountain, if so you would assume their rr advantage would be very well tested.

Dr Disley & co over at Aerocoach seen pretty convinced tubeless is fast, and are releasing new tubeless deep/disc wheels.  Make of that what you will.