Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 517749 times)

Re: MEMWNS Miscellany
« Reply #950 on: 27 April, 2016, 12:05:59 pm »
I've just put in an order for 3 boxes (36 in total) of the Lucho Dillito Guava Pastilles. I'll bring some tasters along to one of the Wednesday night rides for those that have not tried them.

If anybody wants to buy part of a  box (or a whole box) let me know, I know that at 16.99 per box of 12 they are not the cheapest but they are damn good to eat and they do work (for me anyway). I'm happy to take a bit of a hit on them and go to £15 per box this time round...

edit: and the boxes make a brilliant holder for your brevet cards  :thumbsup:

« Reply #951 on: 27 April, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »
I really ought to update everyone on the Trek Domane saga as I was quick enough to post something when I had the initial response from Thomas's Cycle Revolution.

After the chain stay broke I took the bike into Cycles UK in Chelmsford.  They could not have been more helpful and were incredulous about the whole bottom bracket story.  They arranged for the frame to be couriered back to Trek UK and put all the bits in a box for me.

When the frame arrived at Trek UK their initial response was to say that the chain stay breakage was my fault. On reflection, I think this is probably right after the hurried re-build and major fail that I had at the start of the H4C Perm  :facepalm:  They hadn't been made aware of the bottom bracket issue at this point however.

I have to say that once they became aware of that issue, they could not have been more helpful.   Everything has now been resolved to my complete satisfaction and I am feeling a little bad for doubting Trek in the first place  :-[ 

It seems that you have to fight to get past unresponsive dealers, or go to somewhere that knows what they are talking about like Cycles UK seem to do.  If you can escalate the issue to Trek UK then I believe that they will deal with it fairly.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #952 on: 27 April, 2016, 12:59:37 pm »
That's good news Ted, I hope you're taking your legal team to lunch as a reward for their efforts.

So, have you a new Domane frame from Trek or monies to spend on a new bright, vivid and gawdy frameset?

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #953 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:12:17 pm »
I want an ACME jersey!  ;D

Me too!

We need to add an agenda item tonight to discuss the design :)
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #954 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:12:52 pm »
I've just put in an order for 3 boxes (36 in total) of the Lucho Dillito Guava Pastilles. I'll bring some tasters along to one of the Wednesday night rides for those that have not tried them.

If anybody wants to buy part of a  box (or a whole box) let me know, I know that at 16.99 per box of 12 they are not the cheapest but they are damn good to eat and they do work (for me anyway). I'm happy to take a bit of a hit on them and go to £15 per box this time round...

edit: and the boxes make a brilliant holder for your brevet cards  :thumbsup:

You're wasted in your present employment tippers. You are a brilliant salesman of bespoke cycling nutrition.

You rival ted(Arfur Daley)shred in your audaciousness and business acumen.

PS, I'll have a taster this evening, please.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #955 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:19:30 pm »
I want an ACME jersey!  ;D

Me too!

We need to add an agenda item tonight to discuss the design :)

An ACME jersey is an awesome idea😃👍

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #956 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:21:13 pm »
Good news ted!

Yes, let's talk jerseys this evening as well as the other matter.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #957 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:23:51 pm »
What's technically involved in establishing an actual virtual club (as per Audax Club Hackney etc.)?

Looking at the ACH site - it seems that their method is to just have folks change their club in their AUK membership profile to "Audax Club Hackney"

Quick straw poll of MEMWNS AUK members - who is wedded to their current AUK Club affiliation setting and who would be willing to chage to "Audax Club Mid-Essex" (or "ACME", if we prefer)?

Mine's currently set to yacf, but I'd happily change.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #958 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:24:12 pm »
Good news ted!

Yes, let's talk jerseys this evening as well as the other matter.

You mean the stoning issue?

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #959 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:30:32 pm »
I may have just registered the audaxclubmidessex.org.uk and audaxclubmid-essex.org.uk domain names.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #960 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:32:31 pm »
I may have just registered the audaxclubmidessex.org.uk and audaxclubmid-essex.org.uk domain names.

Well done Oaky, you'd make an excellent club Secretary.

« Reply #961 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:33:17 pm »
You mean the stoning issue?

Is there another issue ?

Quick straw poll of MEMWNS AUK members - who is wedded to their current AUK Club affiliation setting and who would be willing to chage to "Audax Club Mid-Essex" (or "ACME", if we prefer)?

I am happy to become a member of ACME for AUK purposes.  Bobb can create a fabby website for us  :thumbsup:

« Reply #962 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:35:01 pm »
That's good news Ted, I hope you're taking your legal team to lunch as a reward for their efforts.

So, have you a new Domane frame from Trek or monies to spend on a new bright, vivid and gawdy frameset?

I will take myself to lunch, yes.

I have a new bright, vivid and gaudy bike coming but not a Domane this time.  I might even ride it in Wales.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #963 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:37:36 pm »

I will take myself to lunch, yes.

I have a new bright, vivid and gaudy bike coming but not a Domane this time.  I might even ride it in Wales.

Wow, 2 new bikes in 2 weeks, what's your new, new bike?

« Reply #964 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:42:08 pm »
It is a very yellow Trek Emonda  :thumbsup:

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #965 on: 27 April, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »
It is a very yellow Trek Emonda  :thumbsup:

SL6? Very racy. Yellow is a good colour.

« Reply #966 on: 27 April, 2016, 02:19:33 pm »
What's technically involved in establishing an actual virtual club (as per Audax Club Hackney etc.)?

Looking at the ACH site - it seems that their method is to just have folks change their club in their AUK membership profile to "Audax Club Hackney"

Mine's currently set to yacf, but I'd happily change.

Mine is Chelmer CC, but I have no qualms about changing to ACME :)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #967 on: 27 April, 2016, 02:23:41 pm »
I shall start on a website. Let me know any ideas you might have for content. Also, we should start getting some decent photos together. We should have tons!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #968 on: 27 April, 2016, 02:46:33 pm »
Would you like a photo of my tattoo?  Also, we'll need a theme tune, you'll know where I'm going with this idea ...

« Reply #969 on: 27 April, 2016, 03:02:06 pm »
Not to be confused with http://www.acme-wheelers.co.uk/

« Reply #970 on: 27 April, 2016, 03:42:14 pm »
How quickly an idea develops.....brilliant....

Carlos, I only ordered the pastilles this lunch time, I don't fancy the chances of them being there by the time I get home....although this Columbian stuff does travel in mysterious ways!

« Reply #971 on: 27 April, 2016, 03:53:08 pm »
Presumably ACME will be the organising club for the winter brevet series

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #972 on: 27 April, 2016, 04:26:17 pm »
Sounds like an excellent idea :)

« Reply #973 on: 27 April, 2016, 06:01:42 pm »
So that's the name thing sorted.  All that leaves is whether or not comedy beards are required for the stoning, could be controversial.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #974 on: 27 April, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »

edit: and the boxes make a brilliant holder for your brevet cards
I'll take one Nik :)
Regards,

Joergen