Author Topic: Gears skipping after fitting new chain and cassette  (Read 6696 times)

cc93

Re: Gears skipping after fitting new chain and cassette
« Reply #25 on: 24 November, 2008, 07:54:40 pm »
 :)

Hoped that might be the case!

It's such a common injury that the (more reputable) Al frame makers usually fit replaceable hangers - much cheaper than a new frame!

« Reply #26 on: 24 November, 2008, 09:34:38 pm »
If it's not badly bent, it'll probably be straightenable anyway. Al isn't a magical material that'll only bend one way.  ::-) I straightened the hanger on my Giant MCM at least three times...

Give it a go before splashing out - there's nothing to lose, anyway.  :thumbsup:

(It's worth getting a spare while you're at it, though)
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Nienke

« Reply #27 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:24:41 am »
It's all sorted  ;D

We went to the nearest evans where they produced a small plastic box full of assorted hangers. We rummaged for a bit and found the right hanger with no price tag on, so were only charged £2 (it'll have been the first and only time I get something from evans cheaply). The guy said repeatedly that we were very lucky that they had one at all. Put it on, sorted the gears out a bit, and the sirrus now runs like a dream with all the new shiny bits on. Not one skip all the way home and back this morning.

Thanks again for all the help.

« Reply #28 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:35:09 am »
Excellent news  :thumbsup:

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #29 on: 25 November, 2008, 10:51:08 am »
We rummaged for a bit and found the right hanger with no price tag on, so were only charged £2 (it'll have been the first and only time I get something from evans cheaply).

Yeah, I think Evans screwed up charging us only £2 because various online stores (e.g., here, or here and here) suggest the hangers should be in the £10 - £15 range.  Oh well  :D
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/