Author Topic: Getting refunds from Altura  (Read 2032 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Getting refunds from Altura
« on: 18 December, 2009, 12:21:47 pm »
Has anyone experience of getting refunds from Altura? As already stated in the clothing thread, the zips on both pockets of my Night Vision jacket have broken after, basically, a week of usage. I'm not impressed. Is there even an Altura website with contact details etc.? My google search failed me.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: Getting refunds from Altura
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2009, 12:47:09 pm »
Altura is a brand of Zyro Ltd - contact details.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #2 on: 18 December, 2009, 12:50:47 pm »
If otherwise happy with the garment, how about getting the zips replaced by an independent repairer (eg. dry cleaners) then billing Zyro for the cost?  Probably not what you're supposed to do, but might result ok and be better than a replacement jacket.

« Reply #3 on: 18 December, 2009, 01:00:14 pm »
Did you buy it from Altura or from a retailer?

I would've thought that whoever took your money should be the one to give a refund or exchange if the goods are not fit for purpose.

I know you say you've had the jacket since Feb, but when I saw it earlier this week it looked like it had just come out of a shop.

It is quite obvious that your jacket has had very little use.

When the pocket zip failed after six months light use, on a jacket I bought from Wiggle, they refunded my money without any hassle.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #4 on: 18 December, 2009, 02:16:24 pm »
I would've thought that whoever took your money should be the one to give a refund or exchange if the goods are not fit for purpose.

You're quite right.  Dealing with the manufacturer, though, might be better in practice if something other than a refund or exchange is wanted.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #5 on: 18 December, 2009, 02:35:57 pm »
Good point, Jurek. I think it came from Merlin Cycles, but I'm not 100% sure because it was given as a present. I'll find out.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

spen666

« Reply #6 on: 18 December, 2009, 02:42:51 pm »

You're quite right.  Dealing with the manufacturer, though, might be better in practice if something other than a refund or exchange is wanted.

Manufacturer has no legal responsibility to repair/ replace etc as your contract is with retailer

Having no legal responsibility does not mean manufacturer won't resolve issue, but your legal rights against them are limited

« Reply #7 on: 18 December, 2009, 03:23:56 pm »

Often it is better to deal with the retailer as it is the correct legal way. Last year I had a dispute with a company after buying direct from them an item that was not what was advertised. My local outdoor shop said if I had brought through them they would have done a refund without hesitation. As it was it took 2 months and the involvement of the VISA to get the refund.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #8 on: 18 December, 2009, 06:28:55 pm »
Regardless of the law, sometimes it is better to deal with the manufacturer as sometimes they will do more than the retailer will.

I suggest contacting the retailer if just a straight refund or exchange is wanted, but the manufacturer for a repair or anything more complicated.  Just my (hopefully practical) suggestion.  Of course they might not be interested at all, but you could ask.