Author Topic: Bikeroutetoaster - Has it gone?  (Read 5984 times)

Nelson Longflap

• Riding a bike is meant to be easy ...
Re: Bikeroutetoaster - Has it gone?
« Reply #25 on: 10 March, 2014, 10:58:36 am »
A new question that probably belongs in this thread: I'm using firefox 27.0.1 as my default browser and while brt functions, it isn't nice to use with the map confined to a letterbox sized viewport within the window that includes an advert viewport, the elevation profile, routing options and a summary. To get a bigger map I dragged the map viewport on top of the edit viewport then resized (making the other viewports invisibly small except the advert which appears to be unmoveable). Diminishing the size of the window (using Ctrl -) then magnifying the map using the + controller on the map itself enables a setup where the map covers most of the window, but it isn't exactly a convenient way to operate.

Ideally I'd like to transfer just the map and edit viewports to a whole new tab so they will be a useful working size. Is this achievable?

Or am I just missing something blindingly obvious to everybody but me?
The worst thing you can do for your health is NOT ride a bike

Euan Uzami

« Reply #26 on: 10 March, 2014, 12:17:55 pm »
I was going to say right click, inspect element and just delete the elements you dont' need but that doesn't actually make the map fill the space vacated ;D

my website gpxeditor.co.uk was specifically built with map real estate the main consideration from the start.

« Reply #27 on: 10 March, 2014, 05:11:30 pm »

my website gpxeditor.co.uk was specifically built with map real estate the main consideration from the start.
[/quote]

really nice to have the 5 maps/data available

Nelson Longflap

• Riding a bike is meant to be easy ...
« Reply #28 on: 10 March, 2014, 06:44:44 pm »

Oh yes - that's much better.  A map bigger than a matchbox! AUK mode looks convenient  :thumbsup:

Thanks Ben - I'll have a play with your site.
The worst thing you can do for your health is NOT ride a bike