Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2414667 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22550 on: 19 February, 2019, 10:02:21 am »
Currently regretting the removal of the bath when we had the bathroom done. A ‘lazy shower’ isn’t as appealing as a ‘lazy bath’.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22551 on: 19 February, 2019, 01:23:52 pm »
Conversely, we had a bath fitted when we redid the bathroom n years ago and have regretted it ever since.  We have an excellent shower, the bath has only been used once by a human and twice by the dogs, and we could have got a weights bench into the space it takes up.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #22552 on: 19 February, 2019, 01:24:33 pm »
Regretting choices made.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #22553 on: 25 February, 2019, 07:12:30 pm »
Sitting in the foyer at Bridgewater Hall, waiting for tonight’s Joan Baez gig.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22554 on: 25 February, 2019, 07:17:50 pm »
How was she?  Still got voice?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #22555 on: 25 February, 2019, 07:25:04 pm »
I’ll let you know in 2 1/2 hours. I’ve only got a few LPs, but it seemed criminal to pass up the chance to see her.  The audience is mostly of a certain age*.......

* it’s younger than the audiences at the Liverpool Jazz Festival where I was all weekend though.

« Reply #22556 on: 26 February, 2019, 09:27:41 am »
https://youtu.be/bzySGlbNvaI

She had a throat/chest infection. Very impressed with the NHS treatment & not being asked for money up front.

« Reply #22557 on: 26 February, 2019, 10:07:41 pm »
Cleaning my fridge.  We know how to have a wild Tuesday in Liverpool ....

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22558 on: 26 February, 2019, 10:29:53 pm »
I really ought to clean the lower half of the fridge.  I did the top half last week in the process of changing the thermostat (which, impressively, does appear to have worked).

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22559 on: 27 February, 2019, 07:58:00 am »
Contemplating my packing list for the boys trip to Talin which promises to be a bit chilly. We are leaving at pre-audex o’clock tomorrow morning1. Communication between Dr Beardy and myself is becoming more strained with each passing hour, as is usual when I go away for the weekend2 and by the time she goes to bed this evening3 she’ll probably be hard pressed to say goodbye to me.

1. 2am is really tonight in my opinion.
2. I often wonder why I bother, but then getting her to even go to Yorkshire for a weekend and visit her parents is a major undertaking.
3. I’ll be staying up due to the un<deity> hour. See 1 above.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22560 on: 27 February, 2019, 10:14:26 am »
Waiting for Data Logger Dave to come and meddle with the electricity supply again, hopefully with a view to increasing the number of voles.

« Reply #22561 on: 07 March, 2019, 06:07:53 pm »
Trying to work out who I can volunteer to go through the manway and under the plenum floor of a Rapid Gravity Filter. There is a pile of sand that shouldn't be there so someone needs to determine if there is a broken nozzle or a failed joint in the floor above.

Obviously it is not a task I particularly want to do but I may have to.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #22562 on: 09 March, 2019, 09:28:05 am »
Laughing out loud at the reviews of Frosty Jack's on ratebeer.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22563 on: 09 March, 2019, 09:39:49 am »
Thinking that it's too wet and windy to walk the 10 metres to the workshop so I'll just stay here.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #22564 on: 09 March, 2019, 11:23:51 am »
The washing up, soundtracked by Madonna's back catalogue ✨
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22565 on: 09 March, 2019, 12:09:11 pm »
Trying to work out who I can volunteer to go through the manway and under the plenum floor of a Rapid Gravity Filter. There is a pile of sand that shouldn't be there so someone needs to determine if there is a broken nozzle or a failed joint in the floor above.

Obviously it is not a task I particularly want to do but I may have to.

I'd have done it for the danger money!

As for me, today, working to a Brexit induced deadline 20 days shorter than normal for mandatory emissions reporting that needs to be verified by yours truly and team
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #22566 on: 09 March, 2019, 09:54:11 pm »
No danger money just a simple nc3 confined space entry. I may still end up going in on tuesday.

As for now, baby sitting my niece and nephew who are happily in bed.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22567 on: 18 March, 2019, 08:21:39 pm »
Observing with interest the supply of voles[1] to KimBarakta-HQ.

I opened the door earlier with a view to going to the postal oriface[2], to be met by the sight of  a) rain that wasn't happening when I looked out the upstairs window a minute or so earlier and  b) assorted linemen for the county, dressed in orange hi-vis, clutching some sturdy rubber gloves and peering at map of Silly Oak.

"Hello Kim," says one, who I recognised from one of the previous data logger installations, "we're swapping connections in the link boxes to see if we can balance out the load better.  Don't suppose you can keep an eye on things this evening, could you?  Cos if I ring you tomorrow and it's still rubbish we can just try something else rather than bothering with a data logger..."

In the time it took me to wrangle my bike out the door they'd lifted the manhole cover and were peering at some Extremely Large Fuses™.

[1] Which has gone from 208 voles when I started this post to 222annabit voles now, so I can safely conclude that it's still rubbish even without mucking about in GNUplot.
[2] ALC types will be pleased to hear I've finished auditing the accounts well within the deadline.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22568 on: 19 March, 2019, 09:31:14 am »
I was having that 'called in sick today but now I feel a bit of a fraud feeling', but now that I've just had a shower and am sitting down having a good sweat with the heating off I don't feel that way any more.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #22569 on: 19 March, 2019, 09:37:29 am »
Reading the vitriol spread all over the newspaper front pages.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #22570 on: 19 March, 2019, 09:58:30 am »

ALC types will be pleased to hear I've finished auditing the accounts well within the deadline

That was quick!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22571 on: 19 March, 2019, 12:19:30 pm »

ALC types will be pleased to hear I've finished auditing the accounts well within the deadline

That was quick!

I was Not In The Mood for the FNRttC after a long and depressing afternoon in the hospital, so some tedious arithmetic was just the thing...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22572 on: 19 March, 2019, 02:40:24 pm »
Just going to fix my 5th puncture since 2nd Feb. 3 different wheels and 3 different tyres, one front and 4 back.  Latest one was in a brand new GP4000s II.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22573 on: 19 March, 2019, 06:31:01 pm »
Trying to maintain a sense of perspective while discussing the state of the nation with my right wing father. His inability to accept anything outside his world view. 😠

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22574 on: 22 March, 2019, 08:38:29 am »
Having just been let blood and had the piss taken out of me, am now waiting for the vet to arrive and vaccinate the dogs.

Cue dog-wrestling music.