Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 289378 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
That'd be a lot more informative if it said something other than:

You’re unable to view this Tweet because this account owner limits who can view their Tweets.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
That'd be a lot more informative if it said something other than:

You’re unable to view this Tweet because this account owner limits who can view their Tweets.

Argh!

Will try and post better link
https://twitter.com/EricIdle/status/1659599331140468736
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Noooo, Pete the Rat :'(

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
Cleese is getting nastier with Idle. The nested thread in this tweet starts with a screengrab of Cleese basically claiming that Idle has nothing to do with Brian.
https://twitter.com/EricIdle/status/1661808611599974400

Eric disagrees.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Charlie's leaving Casualty. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65754747

It doesn't say how he's being written out, but I'm guessing he's going to be sold off to an American company.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Bizarre gardening accident FTW.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Heart attack and die waiting for an ambulance?

My money is on the answer proffered by the fish-eating Antipodean.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Bizarre gardening accident

As we say to Hanananananah the Astronononononomer when she announces plans to partake in some risky endeavour: "Too obvious"

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
If Bob Hoskins were still alive he could stab Charlie UTTERLY TO DETH in the neck with a broken whisky bottle like wot he did in that top documentary "The Long Good Friday".
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
The Southend Bach Choir, close on the heels of singing J. S. Bach's "Jesu meiner Freude" and Beethoven's C major mass, will be singing Gilbert and Sullivan's "Trial by Jury at our summer concert (from the sublime to the ridiculous?). This evening, Colin asked me if I would take the role of Counsel. I think it will be my most challenging solo part so far.

To quote my late brother, "It's rubbish, but it's good BRITISH rubbish!"
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
If Bob Hoskins were still alive he could stab Charlie UTTERLY TO DETH in the neck with a broken whisky bottle like wot he did in that top documentary "The Long Good Friday".

It’s curious how the Beeb utterly failed to mention his role in said marvellous picture, recently voted “Bestest Londonto Fillum Evvah” for the umpteenth time by readers of The Londonist.

As we say to Hanananananah the Astronononononomer when she announces plans to partake in some risky endeavour: "Too obvious"

In that case, in an inversion of Spinal Tap, let's go for bizarre drumming accident instead.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah

In that case, in an inversion of Spinal Tap, let's go for bizarre drumming accident instead.

Spontaneous combustion on set?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike

“Too obvious” has been the guiding principle of the casualty scriptwriters for >30 years.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Clare

• Is in NZ

“Too obvious” has been the guiding principle of the casualty scriptwriters for >30 years.

Retires, has a leaving do in a local pub, receives a bunch of quite disappointing gifts, leaves quietly and goes home to enjoy a long and enjoyable retirement.

Retires, has a leaving do in a local pub, receives a bunch of quite disappointing gifts, leaves quietly and goes home to enjoy a long and enjoyable retirement. gets run over by an ambulance as he leaves the pub.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Clare

• Is in NZ
Too obvious.

Arrested on the way to work for carrying party poppers and continues a life in TV on The Bill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Accidentally steps through an eddy in the space-time continuum and is doomed to spending eternity being repeated on Dave.

I would imagine that Nancy, who until a couple of years ago was my upstairs neighbour, has been quite busy these last couple of weeks or so.
She heads up ITV's legal team.

Beardy

• Shedist
Hmmmm. It seems that Amazon might have closed the loophole of getting a book on kindle unlimited and then getting the Audible copy via whispersync for £3.49  Pah.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I've no idea what My Dear Wife is watching, but she's singing along with "Sospan Bach", with her headphones on.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.