Author Topic: Salisbury get-together 2024( aka the southern reunion  (Read 5627 times)

Re: Salisbury get-together 2024( aka the southern reunion
« Reply #25 on: 03 February, 2024, 12:41:10 pm »
If you like craft beers try Sips https://maps.app.goo.gl/276QGYVKywMnin7HA

Though GFB & Summer Lightning were on in the Haunch on Wednesday night and they've been building the whisky selection back up; not quite the 100+ I had when I ran it.

« Reply #26 on: 03 February, 2024, 05:14:51 pm »
Forgot to say, I am now able to come to this litter gathering.  Will be triking down.  HK
Excellent.  I shall enquire of my group, who would like to join you for the curry.
ditto for KWAC riders

« Reply #27 on: 06 February, 2024, 08:14:02 am »
Yes please for the curry. Keith

« Reply #28 on: 06 February, 2024, 09:31:08 am »
Dinner - Saturday night
If anyone would like to do what we did either last year or the year before (can't remember which, too much time spent in the company of IanH) and have a team curry I am happy to book the resturant that we used then (see link below).  The are happy with large groups.  I reckon we will be able to book for up to 15 people.  If folks which I will make a provisional booking for 15 tomorrow and we can go from there.
thebaltihouseonline.co.uk

5 KWAC riders for curry please

« Reply #29 on: 07 February, 2024, 10:24:37 pm »
Yes please for the curry. Keith

You are booked in. See you there.

« Reply #30 on: 07 February, 2024, 10:25:36 pm »
Dinner - Saturday night
If anyone would like to do what we did either last year or the year before (can't remember which, too much time spent in the company of IanH) and have a team curry I am happy to book the resturant that we used then (see link below).  The are happy with large groups.  I reckon we will be able to book for up to 15 people.  If folks which I will make a provisional booking for 15 tomorrow and we can go from there.
thebaltihouseonline.co.uk

5 KWAC riders for curry please

Reserved Laidback R

« Reply #31 on: 08 February, 2024, 10:07:36 am »
last call for anyone who wishes to join the group being fed by a Yeti curry house.  We have 18 hungry randonneurs so far.  The only group I am worried I haven't heard from is the Pompy posse.  If the ACP, UK version would like to join us that would be fantastic, hoping to hear from Postie or one of the other ACP chaps or chapess.

HK
'I might be out on my trike'

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #32 on: 08 February, 2024, 06:34:23 pm »
Could we add myself and Thing2 please HK? 🙏🏼
We'll be fresh off the boat from the Alps so small potential to not make it if the borders are closed, half term and all that. But hope to be there 🤞🏼

« Reply #33 on: 08 February, 2024, 07:03:04 pm »
Of course.  Hope you will be there as will be really good to catch up.

I will now book two tables to make things more manageable for the restaurant.

HK

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #34 on: 09 February, 2024, 12:42:47 am »
I can make it, (unexpectedly) after all. Accomodation booked. Sorry it's late HK can you add me to the meal booking? Enjoyed it last time.

« Reply #35 on: 12 February, 2024, 08:39:38 am »
Less than a week to go, gome from riding a 200km to 100km instead, currently just hoping I will be fit enough to get out doors and somehow get there. If I don't get there be the first one I have missed.

« Reply #36 on: 12 February, 2024, 09:38:30 am »
Less than a week to go, gome from riding a 200km to 100km instead, currently just hoping I will be fit enough to get out doors and somehow get there. If I don't get there be the first one I have missed.

fingers crossed for you Paul... "ain't no shame in getting the train" as they say...

« Reply #37 on: 12 February, 2024, 10:13:03 am »

You can do it old young chap.  It wouldn't be the same without you.  None of my group are registering an event, just riding a pleasant route there.

« Reply #38 on: 13 February, 2024, 11:02:57 pm »
Our plans (George, Danny, and me with my 9 and a 1/2 toes) currently envisage a civilised 80km. And there seem to be no named storms in prospect. You'll be reet...

« Reply #39 on: 14 February, 2024, 09:43:34 pm »
Dinner at the curry house.  I have booked 22 places which will be two tables, one of 10 and the other of 12.  The people that are booked (see below).  Conformation of numbers is at 3pm on Saturday.  Any alterations, please contact me.  I will DM YACF only folk with my mobile# - e-mail everyone else.  Meet at the Spoons 18:30, tables booked for 19:30  HK

1   HK
2   Veloboy
3   Anthony
4   George
5   PeterM
6   IanH
7   Graham
8   Heather
9   Richard
10   Jamie
11   Thing1
12   Thing2
13   Keith 'kegere'
14   KWAC x 6
20   Smeth
21   Postie
22   Dan

« Reply #40 on: 15 February, 2024, 07:41:11 pm »
Dentist appointment for me on Monday morning, which means I am now too late to set off to ride the Ridgeway and King Alfred Way, dropping in here along the way.
So it means the Deliveroo plan.
I'll pack the tent I bought for £7.50 on my way home from PBP so that I could do some Deliverooing in Brighton, along with a sleeping bag, onto my bike that I use for Deliveroo and rode on the last PBP. I'll also bring the only Deliveroo bag that has completed a PBP!
No worries if I am too late for the curry. I can always amuse myself in Salisbury doing deliveries if it comes to that. Is the curry house on Deliveroo? Might be handy to hang around there whatever happens 😎🤑

« Reply #41 on: 15 February, 2024, 09:14:54 pm »
Dentist appointment for me on Monday morning, which means I am now too late to set off to ride the Ridgeway and King Alfred Way, dropping in here along the way.
I'll pack the tent I bought for £7.50 on my way home from PBP so that I could do some Deliverooing in Brighton, along with a sleeping bag, onto my bike that I use for Deliveroo and rode on the last PBP. I'll also bring the only Deliveroo bag that has completed a PBP!
No worries if I am too late for the curry. I can always amuse myself in Salisbury doing deliveries if it comes to that. Is the curry house on Deliveroo? Might be handy to hang around there whatever happens 😎🤑

Perhaps we should cancel the meal and just order through Steve - to be delivered to a suitable bus shelter.

« Reply #42 on: 15 February, 2024, 09:54:04 pm »
I am acting as one of Posties domestiques so would be up for a curry if that is what the other PWNPRers go for.
The older you get, the better you get, unless you are a banana.

« Reply #43 on: 16 February, 2024, 06:45:42 am »

You may not be late for the curry as I have a spare spot that needs filling.  HK

« Reply #44 on: 16 February, 2024, 06:48:59 am »
I am acting as one of Posties domestiques so would be up for a curry if that is what the other PWNPRers go for.

Would be great to have you there, so far I haven't heard from Postie.  I have one place reserved for PWNPRers (Postie) at the moment.  I will be confirming the numbers with the restaurant at 3pm on Saturday.  Need numbers by this evening, 16/02 as I will be riding down on Saturday, so limited time for on the move admin.  Restaurant is very helpful, so adding a couple wont be a problem.

« Reply #45 on: 16 February, 2024, 10:40:12 am »
The better half and I are coming - would like to eat curry - was waiting on postie - in theory meeting ACP en route

« Reply #46 on: 16 February, 2024, 11:53:47 am »

Perhaps we should cancel the meal and just order through Steve - to be delivered to a suitable bus shelter.

No need to hide away in a bus shelter. No reason why I can't deliver to the restaurant that I am collecting from. It wouldn't be the first time (if you're counting the car park) and it wouldn't be the shortest delivery I have ever done.
Maybe just buy drinks to claim seats in the restaurant. You need to show ID for me to deliver anything age restricted (so I always reject those deliveries anyway) and I can't rightly give it to you without ID.
Of course, unless we time it carefully and we're not too unlucky, I probably won't get every delivery, unless we're doing one big delivery. This might mean a lot of confused Deliveroo couriers in the restaurant thinking that there's a problem with the Deliveroo app and phoning Rider Support and maybe thinking that they're on a Jeremy Beadle type show. The restaurant will probably be very unhappy too because Deliveroo take quite a bit of a chunk out of their profits, especially the independent restaurants. But, if I add all my takings from the Audax Southern Reunion deliveries, we might get slightly cheaper food. Or it might be a bit more expensive. It depends if the delivery and admin charges exceed the minimum of £2.90 per delivery. (More if there's a boost on. And yes, I have ordered myself food so that I could deliver it to myself and get paid more than I spent on delivery to get cheaper food but that was on Stuart, not Deliveroo)

Almost packed and finished fannying about before I set off...

« Reply #47 on: 16 February, 2024, 12:33:50 pm »
This thread is getting quite surreal now and way beyond my comprehension

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #48 on: 16 February, 2024, 01:00:25 pm »

Please can I add one more person to the meal 🙏🏼 Karolina is joining us. Thank you!

So additions are:

Bunker
Shabbypedals+1
Karolina

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #49 on: 17 February, 2024, 02:39:49 pm »
I just discovered our visit overlaps with the Salisbury winter beer festival 🍻
https://tckty.camra.org.uk/e/197/winterfest-xxv#details
👀