Author Topic: ACME Betweenmas Group Permanent 2023 (All Welcome!)  (Read 5100 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: ACME Betweenmas Group Permanent 2023 (All Welcome!)
« Reply #50 on: 26 December, 2023, 08:13:37 am »
I’m planning Thu now as Wed looks a wash out

Tomorrow I'll batten down the hatches and make my first batch of marmalade instead! Saturday 30th looks ok, so I might get a ride in then - won't be an early start though as we're going to my cousin's 70th birthday party in London the night before.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #51 on: 26 December, 2023, 08:25:38 am »
I'm open either way, are we going for Saturday or Thursday for a larger group thing?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #52 on: 26 December, 2023, 01:12:40 pm »
I’m sticking with Thu as plan to ride with my wife on Sat.  I’ll be aiming to hit Dunmow between 9am to 9:30am if anyone wants to join me. Likely do a cafe stop Dobbies, Shepreth.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: 26 December, 2023, 06:45:37 pm »
Thursday suits me for sure. Meet at 'Paradise' in Dunmow High Street for a start around 09:00-09:30. I'll be there for breakfast around 08:15. That means we'll get to Haslingfield at lunchtime, then have time for a cuppa at the next control in Buntingford.

If anyone is riding on a Boudicca 100km brevet and not a DIY, then it would save time if you bring a completed AUK entry form (generic entry forms are on the AUK website), though I'll have some with me too.

« Reply #54 on: 26 December, 2023, 07:38:53 pm »
 :thumbsup: I’ll bring a completed form for the perm, plus I’ll have my Buntingford start receipt  ;D

« Reply #55 on: 26 December, 2023, 08:51:24 pm »

I've been bed ridden over Christmas so won't be out riding on Thursday but I maybe we ok to go to the Compasses on Thursday evening.
I'll decide on the day.

Have a safe ride
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: 27 December, 2023, 05:11:25 pm »

I've been bed ridden over Christmas so won't be out riding on Thursday but I maybe we ok to go to the Compasses on Thursday evening.
I'll decide on the day.

Have a safe ride
Owen

Get well soon Owen. I'm planning on heading to the Spiritual Home tomorrow evening for a bite to eat, post ride - arrival probably around 18:00, depending if I go home first.

« Reply #57 on: 28 December, 2023, 04:43:33 pm »
Tomsk, Mick Grey and myself.  Thanks for organising and the company of yourselves.  Definitely the better choice than yesterday.  I decided to round my ride up above an imperial century in the end, some bonus headwind, but brought my riding up to 165km all told. A good day awheel.

I didn’t ECE it, which could have gained an extra 1/2 point  :o Think I’ll survive  ;D

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: 28 December, 2023, 04:59:23 pm »
Tomsk, Mick Grey and myself.  Thanks for organising and the company of yourselves.  Definitely the better choice than yesterday.  I decided to round my ride up above an imperial century in the end, some bonus headwind, but brought my riding up to 165km all told. A good day awheel.

I didn’t ECE it, which could have gained an extra 1/2 point  :o Think I’ll survive  ;D

:thumbsup: A very reasonable day weather-wise, though the strong westerly made the Haslingfield to Buntingford leg pretty tough, especially as there are some exposed draggy climbs up to Barley and Barkway. We seem to have avoided any rain, apart from a bit of drizzle for a minute or two on the climb out of Buntingford. I don't know why I cleaned my bike beforehand though, (for the first time in a couple of weeks), the lanes are still very grotty!

« Reply #59 on: 28 December, 2023, 06:03:09 pm »
Yes, a nice day out, thanks to Tomsk for fixing it:) for me the rain kicked in as I rode through the 160k mark, 3 miles from home. Probably ideal.
Zijn specialiteit was sprinten om de zesde plaats